By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: There won't be a proper Zelda game for Wii U

Gamemaster87 said:

Never read such a huge amount of mental bullshit at once.

How so?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Hmm maybe but I think if anything it will release on wii u and wii u successor. Also TPHD still not confirmed so this prediction could still fail, but seems more likely now then back in Feb 2014

Here we are nearly 2 years later still waiting for zelda u and still waiting for xenoblade x :(

Nogamez said:
Hmm maybe but I think if anything it will release on wii u and wii u successor. Also TPHD still not confirmed so this prediction could still fail, but seems more likely now then back in Feb 2014

Here we are nearly 2 years later still waiting for zelda u and still waiting for xenoblade x :(

Well X it's coming in a couple of months and I also believe Zelda HD is crossgen, but it's pretty scary that this prediction can be real.

So this is the infamous prediction! I hope Zelda still releases on WiiU but if Nintendo believes onky a few Zelda fans bought the Wii U, it may only release for NX. Maybe they can give the game for free for Wii U owners who upgraded to NX. :-/

Since we've seen Zelda Wii U running on a Wii U by our eyes at TGA, nope, it will definitely come on Wii U at least.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
So this is the infamous prediction! I hope Zelda still releases on WiiU but if Nintendo believes onky a few Zelda fans bought the Wii U, it may only release for NX. Maybe they can give the game for free for Wii U owners who upgraded to NX. :-/

That's not a bad idea. After all, the NX port (not confirmed) is done to reach a different audience from the Wii U. Could work at some extent, maybe a great discount or something to entice Wii U owners to upgrade to NX as soon as possible.

It sure is looking more likely, but I still think it'll be at least cross-gen. In some way though, you could spin that into a win.

S.Peelman said:
It sure is looking more likely, but I still think it'll be at least cross-gen. In some way though, you could spin that into a win.

My wish is that the game comes exclusively to Wii U and they are far in development for a real NX Zelda title, but oh well.

Almost 2 years later, and TP HD looks like it's actually happening. Nice call
But I'm positive that Zelda will launch on both NX and Wii U, if they launched it exclusively for NX so many loyal Wii U fans will feel betrayed and I'm sure Nintendo doesn't want that

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Nice insight about TPHD, it will probabaly be revealed at the next ND. But I think Zelda HD will be cross gen, releasing on both Wii U and NX, whatever it is.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won