By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo IPs "jumping" to new fields of entertainment and merchandising

We already know this stuff, but I guess I'll say something. It's a great idea.

Around the Network

Here are somethings I want to see:

I want a The Legend of Zelda anime movie based on any of the games (hey one for each title).
They could also create an Eternal Darkness book to expand the plot of the game
A comic book based on the untold adventures of Samus Aran, I know she is a bounty hunter but I had never saw her in that role
Star Fox based Risk edition, instead of fighting for earth countries, lets battle over Lariat system planets
Hot wings style F-zero models
Statues or Figurines for some games like Xenoblade Chronicles created by Mcfarlane toys

flagstaad said:

I want a The Legend of Zelda anime movie based on any of the games (hey one for each title).
A comic book based on the untold adventures of Samus Aran, I know she is a bounty hunter but I had never saw her in that role
Star Fox based Risk edition, instead of fighting for earth countries, lets battle over Lariat system planets
Statues or Figurines for some games like Xenoblade Chronicles created by Mcfarlane toys

Nintendo should hire this gentleman.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

flagstaad said:

Really, they already had that comic. The Metroid manga generated pretty intense controversy, as that's where her infamous "Other M" persona was derived from, as well as several key events (like the mental trauma she associates with Ridley).

So there's good reasons for them to approach this with a galaxy of caution in terms of creating "new" content that might later interfere with the games for each respective medium.

A nice "safe" one might be a StarFox anime/western action cartoon. A good way to revive interest in the franchise and the series is quite apt for transformation, since the characters are pretty talkative and fleshed-out.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

flagstaad said:
I know she is a bounty hunter but I had never saw her in that role

This would be interesting. It would be nice to see Samus have a contract with somebody who isn't the Galactic Federation. I think the "bounty hunter" role is just so that we can have her story of doing things alone more plausible. For all intents and purposes she seems to function as if she is part of the Galactic Federation (this is noticeable in Metroid Fusion, especially, where they are very much intertwined.) 

Around the Network

It's a nice step on the right direction.

Selling costumes to otaku is that their new plan?

Mr Khan said:

Really, they already had that comic. The Metroid manga generated pretty intense controversy, as that's where her infamous "Other M" persona was derived from, as well as several key events (like the mental trauma she associates with Ridley).

So there's good reasons for them to approach this with a galaxy of caution in terms of creating "new" content that might later interfere with the games for each respective medium.

A nice "safe" one might be a StarFox anime/western action cartoon. A good way to revive interest in the franchise and the series is quite apt for transformation, since the characters are pretty talkative and fleshed-out.

The problem with the manga was to tell key events and origin story. Just play with the evolved characters, tell us how she relates with the army/enforcers of justice in the galaxy, show some cases where she is hired as a bounty hunter and don't mess with the main story, also use comic instead of manga, that way they can always say that is NOT cannon and move along.

Western cartoon is the wrong approach for Star Fox, cause it usually means something for kids, and taking into account that they already have animals as the main characters, I cannot imagine how cheesy that could get. Anime might be a better approach.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting presentation.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

flagstaad said:

How did you forgot Pokemon MMO?

Ok, it is still a game i think, but still...