By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo : "Targeting Children Is NOT Enough" - Iwata mistranslated AGAIN !

Someone here is complicating things... -.-

Around the Network

I have a friend who studied Japanese for 7 years already and he says he is more inclined to say the first sentence is right "Targeting children isn't enough".

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

my sister is a student japanese teacher and the first one sound more correct

Thank God nintendo is including a 27 year old gamer like me in their thought process

i think gaming is a hobby that should penetrate all age groups and not just be for children or "kiddy".

curl-6 said:
Wouldn't be surprised if some sites knew it was a mistranslation and printed it anyway because Nintendoom is in fashion.
Gaming journalism is pathetic.

So because the ambiguous translation does not reflect your agenda it makes gaming journalism pathetic?  Why can't you simply agree that without the proper context both statements are correct. 

It's  clear  there's confusion even with a translation, let's just wait for clarification from Iwata himself before jumping to conclusions.

Around the Network
AwakeandAlive said:
manuel said:
Mr Khan said:
ryuzaki57 said:
No, actually it says "our approach towards children wasn't sufficient"

Looks like they want to focus on kids and casuals even more...

The semantics lean more towards "the children's approach was insufficient" not that "we are insufficiently reaching out to children."

No they don't. ryuzaki's translation is correct.

man, seriously...Nintendo released ONLY casual games in 2013. Do you REALLY think, that Iwata said that they haven´t targeting children enough ? 

For better or worse Iwata's proven time and time again he does not  think like the  rest. Even if it's unlikely he said that, it wouldn't be far  fetched to assume he did.  Again why not simply wait for  clarification before  going  after people ?

Damagon said:
curl-6 said:
Wouldn't be surprised if some sites knew it was a mistranslation and printed it anyway because Nintendoom is in fashion.

So because the ambiguous translation does not reflect your agenda it makes gaming journalism pathetic?  Why can't you simply agree that without the proper context both statements are correct. 

It's  clear  there's confusion even with a translation, let's just wait for clarification from Iwata himself before jumping to conclusions.

I'm not basing my belief that gaming journalism sucks on this specific instance alone. They have an absolutely woeful track record of sensationalist clickbait, fanboy pandering, and badly researched material that makes celebrity tabloids look professional. 

curl-6 said:

Gaming journalism sucks and has played its own part in the Wii U downfall, Nintendo have made mistakes but the way they have been treated by so called professionals in the industry is sad.

What the fuck do these people use as a translator? Fucking Google Translate? Idiots, Idiots everywhere...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't know who to believe!

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98877079&postcount=136

This seems pretty conclusive that it's "We're not targeting children enough".