By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo : "Targeting Children Is NOT Enough" - Iwata mistranslated AGAIN !

Looks like E.A. was right after all.

Around the Network

I'd like to know what their definition of "kid" is... Because Call of Duty is appealing to kids, so I have NO idea what their definition is, but if they're targeting the kids I think they're targeting: NO THANKS.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Well he finally understood

ListerOfSmeg said:
Figgycal said:
Carl2291 said:
Does this mean theyre totally gonna go balls to the wall with "mature" content?

It means they'll be making more games specifically for children.

See this is exactly my point. Even after having what was actually said pointed out. Someone refuses to acknowledge it and is still trying to spread that lie as if its truth. No dude dont let the truth stop you.

My mistake.

spurgeonryan said:
How does this always happen? If you are a translator.....what is the problem? Did you teach your self how to read Japanese?

Eastern and western languages differ greatly, which can make translating difficult. Eastern languages tend to have "symbols" instead of letters. In the English alphabet there are 26 different letters, which can be rearranged into an estimated 250k distinct words. In Japanese there are about 2,000 different kanji, which can make about 600k distinct words/phrases. I don't want to come off as rude, but eastern langauge is truly arhaic, and is only used for tradition's sake, not for it being useful or practiful.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

I get it! All these hardcore games like Kirby, Mario, Pokemon and Animal Crossing are just too mature and have too limited a target audience.

Nintendo clearly needs to develop more games for children like GTAV, Bioshock and Tomb Raider.

Ok so before I mistranslate this thread. What did he really say now??

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

This is depressing. The Nintendo I knew and loved is dead and gone.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

What the hell, man.. I don't even know who is right and who is not.. :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

it's surprising how the Nintendo haters say he didn't target children enough

seriously it is disgusting! tfow!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(