By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GEARS 2 OR RESISATANCE 2 WHICH WILL SELL MORE?

tk1797 said:
Jessman said:
Gears 2 will rape resistance with a blunt chainsaw.

You sir, have a way with words.

Amen.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

RESISATANCE 2 for sure; it has Satan inside.

going by their prequels gears of war 2 will sell more

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

routsounmanman said:
RESISATANCE 2 for sure; it has Satan inside.

=D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

My instinctive response would be Gears 2, but I then had a wee look at the sales for the first games.  Gears has sold near 5m copies WW, which Resistance has sold 2.3m WW.

The bulk of Gears' sales are in NA with 3.2m of the 5m there will the rest is in Europe/Others, with a paltry 66k in Japan.

Resistance has sold more in Europe/Others than NA and around 140k in Japan.

Also, we have to consider how different each sequel will be.  Will Resistance 2 be bigger/better with noticeable differences to the first game?  Well yes, it's look that way.  What about Gears, well we don't know much about it to be honest.

IMHO, Resistance 2 will sell conderably more units in Europe/Others than what Gears 2 will sell.  While Gears 2, will sell shit loads more than R2 in NA.

Overall, I do think Gears will over the first 2-3 months sell more than Resistance, but it will ultimately come down to what the game is like and how much of a leap it is from the originals.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

both are great games(two of the top ten games this year),,,Hope they both sell great, casue they deserve it.(I haven't seen a single shot from gears 2 but i m just going from what i ve played in gears 1)

From what Insomniac have said about R2, R2 will be the better game, if they can pull it off. I can't help but feel that GEoW2 will be a disappointment like UTIII.

I will go for both between 4-5M. But I will say that Gears2 will sell slightly more.

GEARS 2 OR RESISATANCE 2 WHICH WILL SELL MORE?

Brawl.

j/k

Gears 2

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

rofl, Gears of War easily.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

gears of war without question.war huh yhhh what is it good for good for the 360

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.