By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GEARS 2 OR RESISATANCE 2 WHICH WILL SELL MORE?

gears 2

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

Around the Network

I'll say Gears 2 but not by that much

Resistance sales : 2.33M
Gears of War sales: 4.97M

Gears based solely on the higher install base. I think for attach ratio, Resistance will win

PDF said:
I expect each to about double the sales of their originals.

Gears with about 8m WW
Resistance with about 4m WW

Those are my prediciton. Resistance will come out 1st no doubt.

You mean Gears?

@cool48

A large number of the Resistance sales your talking about came from bundles in Europe (and maybe the USA, Im not sure). Gears on the other hand sold all it's copies on the strength of its quality.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
@cool48

A large number of the Resistance sales your talking about came from bundles in Europe (and maybe the USA, Im not sure). Gears on the other hand sold all it's copies on the strength of its quality.

I know but Resistance still sold really well in America and it did so with a smaller user base.

do not underestimate Resistance's popularity, it will sell well, maybe not as much as Gears though.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Gears. Ps3 userbase is too small to outsell it and gears of war has sales track almost 5 mil, but you may never know.

Gears will probably outsell it but not EASILY.
Might outsell it a lot but there still will be a little of that tension going on.
Gears won't totally blow it out of the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Whatever Resistance 2 sales are Gears 2 will double.