By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GEARS 2 OR RESISATANCE 2 WHICH WILL SELL MORE?

Gears 2, the only reason Resistance is even mentioned is because it was the PS3's only respectable launch game.

Around the Network

Gears...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

GEARS WILL BE BIG IN NA, BUT IS TAHT ENOUGH?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Gears will probably sell more just due to the 360's larger user base, and the firsts success without being a bundled item.

Gears may sell more, but I'd bet my balls Resistance 2 will look better.

I don't think that Gears 2 will sell as well as GeoW. You have to remember, the first Gears was basically the game that said, "Next-gen is here!" and it's sales were affected as a result. The sequel won't have that effect. It will still be a great game, and sell insanely well, but it will probably sell a few hundred thousand to a million less than the first, much like what happened to GT4 and MGS3 on the ps2.

Resistance 2, however, will sell more than it's predecessor, imo. RFOM was a pretty good game, especially for a launch title, but it just doesn't hold up very well compared to other fps on the 360/ps3. The sequel, however, should be the definitive ps3 fps, if Insomniac comes through on everything they have planned for the game, and I could see it outselling the ps3 version of CoD4 by a good bit in the long run.

In the end, Gears 2 will definitely outsell Resistance 2, but R2 will sell better than R1, and G2 will sell worse than G1. I think that G2 will sell between 4-5 million, and R2 will sell between 3-4 million.

Around the Network

Sales would be Gears 2.

but...

if were talking copies sold per console than Resistance 2 will win.

I'm back...

I'm guessing Gears because:

1) I still expect the 360 to have a larger user base come the end of the year (though the gap will be closing).

2) I think the PS3 has more big titles that will be competing for attention than the 360.

I would say gears 2 but resistnace 2 should be pretty close cuz now it has an install base of fans who love the game as well as a larger PS3 install base to work off.

We dont know anything yet for Gears 2. I bet it will be a totally new and upscaled experience. It will be proven that Gears 1 was just a prologue. Didn't we all who played the game think of that after the detonation of the bomb? These are just my thoughts, but I don't expect from MS to do something less than they did with halo promotional wise.
Resistance... The online is fun. As an FPS? A mediocre game which was THE ONLY game that a PS3 owner could play at the time.As launch titles, Quake 4 and Prey were far better! Compare it to games of its kind that hit the console later. CoD4!!! No comparison. And the numbers?
It was bundled for Christ's Sake for such a long time!. Don't you see that?
Resistance 2 will be a good game, better than the vast majority of all these FPS that are about to hit the stores, but... that's it.
And guys, don't fool yourselves, when the time comes we all gonna say that Halo 3 's Hype was nothing comparing to Gears 2's one.
It will destroy Everything! (that's not necesserily good but, well...)

Also , Im eager to see how big the difference will be between NA PS3 and 360 numbers ... will Sony be able to push it up to 2:1 ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!