By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales Jan 20 - Jan 26

Poor WiiU, it's even being outsold by the PS3 but it doesn't surprise me because the PS3 gets 3rd party japanese games almost every week.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
PSVita TV = DEAD!!

PSVita is holding well. Not sure if it has the games in Q1 to build upon FFX's momentum though other then Jstar victor which 2months away. Q2 should be all guns Blazing with Freedom Wars, Over My Dead Body 2, Sword Art and hopefully more that I'm forgetting.

I have a feeling PS4 release will boost Vita TV sales. Currently it doesn't have much compatibility, and it is pretty much useless at the moment. PS4 should boost it slightly. If not. it's doomed.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

BeElite said:

PS3 – 13,360
Wii U – 8,490

How the hell do some on here actually expect wiiu to take Japan, its primed for a PS4 takeover.
Im doubting U will sale 5k after PS4 launches.

wii U will-the mario kart release will push sales far beyonfd 5K sales,but for how long is the main question?

All I see is a chart full of dead consoles apart from the 3DS....Bring on the PS4 I say.

Interesting reaction, but what does it mean!!

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Damn, Japan. Is everyone saving their money for the PS4 or something? Those hardware numbers are terrible for everyone (though the Vita is up quite a bit YoY even if it is trailing way behind the PSP).

Y'know, I had a feeling that America would be the biggest market for the Wii U, and these recent numbers seem to be confirming that. The Wii U is way up YoY so far in the U.S. (last two weeks were double the corresponding weeks of 2013) and NA was about 45% of all Wii U sales for the week ending the 18th. While it's up in Europe as well, that's not saying much as sales in Europe are only half of what they are in America so far this year. It makes sense, as North America represented the majority of all N64 and GameCube sales. We're still the most Nintendo-friendly market there is.

Wii U also relied very heavily upon NA sales before the holidays set in, this was to be expected. I don't think any home console will do very well in Japan for the 8th gen.

Guys, I did research and it said Wii U will sell 1.7m this quarter. Dont worry.

Whoa!!!
Those DBZ sales are ABYSMAL!!!!!
Considering that a crappy DBZ card game with reused assets has sold 350k units by itself on the 3DS.
Shame on Crapco for not making a proper DBZ fighter on the 3DS. Your decision. Your lost.

Damn, I don't think anyone expected the 3DS to drop like that. It's down ~40K YOY. Wondering if it will drop even further.

Even though the Vita isn't doing great, it's nice to see it doing better this year. It's up ~14K YOY. It should fall to ~15K-20K.

Wii U is down ~4K YOY. I imagine it may fall to 5K in the coming weeks.

Wii U - New 360 in Japan?

3DS has a seemingly good number, but that YoY drop is just frightening. Kirby seemed to hold well, though. I wonder how well that'll end up doing in the long run.

All the openings this week were very ridiculously sad.