By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
Only 12.89M 3DS sold in 2013. Looks like it's overtracked on vgchartz.

Looks like you were very wrong with pokemon Its nowhere near Overtracked, in fact its Undertracked by about 2mil!!!

Prepare your Loss of that bet :P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=177176&page=1

12M means that I wouldn't win. What was your number for Pokemon X/Y? It was 18M, right? Also, watch as 0.2M is shipped this quarter due to overshipment.

So point the finger at me? You said it was on Decline+ It wouldnt hit 12mil lifetime. Its less than 1mil off (12mil) in 2.5months. Just admit that you were very very wrong. Its okay

Beside i did say 18mil (i said it can do 18mil but it'll easily do 15mil lifetime) but lets not forget something. Pokemon XY will be getting closer to my prediction every week and leaving yours in the dust :P

Lawl-ight

Not bad for Nintendo, but not great. Let's see what Iwata has in store for us.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Well it is better than a loss. It does show however that it doesn't take much for a company like Nintendo to make a profit.

The profit is obviously a result of the seasonal highs. It's nothing to do wth Iwata who pretty much did nothing.

However as sales plummet again after the holiday period it is going to be a tough quarter coming up.

Well, it looks like VGC is pretty spot on with Wii U tracking, with it having ~460K on shelves. Same goes for 3DS, with ~940K on shelves.

SM3DW is definitely overtracked, however. Nintendo has it at just over 1M shipped, while VGC has it at 1.5M sold through. So, it's at least 600K overtracked. On the plus side, Pokemon looks to be undertracked.

@magoghm: Something`s cooking! :)

So... anyone know when exactly Nintendo's press conference regarding this is going to be?

Around the Network

Great tracking Brett. Kudos.

Dat Pokémon. Wonder how high it can go...

so, 3 quaters of loss and 1 quarter of profit per year...
could be better.

thismeintiel said:
Well, it looks like VGC is pretty spot on with Wii U tracking, with it having ~460K on shelves. Same goes for 3DS, with ~940K on shelves.

SM3DW is definitely overtracked, however. Nintendo has it at just over 1M shipped, while VGC has it at 1.5M sold through. So, it's at least 600K overtracked. On the plus side, Pokemon looks to be undertracked.

The 3DS doesn't seem to be spot on, it is a little closer with some of the adjustments in the UK and elsewhere, but it still seems to be high outside Japan.

It would seem that they were expecting a much stronger holiday season in Japan than actually occured.  Shipments were 15.76m by Dec 31st compared to 14.72m (VGC), 14.66m (MC), 14.69m (Fm) sales as of Dec 29th.  So that means all the shipped/sold gap is in Japan (and more).  With the way the 3DS has started the year in Japan, we are probably looking at very little shipped there next quarter.

Outside of Japan shipments are at 26.98m, and VGC has sales at 27.07m.  Gap will be a little bigger because shipments are the 31st and sales are the 28th.

With all of this in mind, I think Nintendo will miss their revised 3DS forecast this year.  They need 1.85m to hit it.  Last year they shipped 1.24m in the fourth quarter.  So, already it is looking unlikely, but the other wrinkle is Japan.  Last year 52%, 650k, of the shipments for the quarter went to Japan.  With the current Japanese sales numbers, there is no way this will be replicated.  Even if we toss in a token 200k for Japan, that leaves 1.65m for the rest of the world.  That would be a 180% increase YoY for those territories.  Doesn't really seem like there is a chance unless stock levels in the west are extremely low.

Shipped not sold what the hell yall talking about

So, they are pretty much even, but will lose money because of the 3 months period we are currently in. Lets hope Cranky does wonders.