By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

So... Pokemon and Zelda sold, respectively, about 2,3 million and 400.000 digital copies....

Not bad, not bad at all. Digital distribution is making a good part of Nintendo sales.

Hardware sales seems to match Vg Charts numbers, so I don´t see why naysayers still argue about those being "shipped". The financial reports indicate those are consolidated sales, not shipments. One way or another, WiiU still not good and 3DS still selling great.

Around the Network

I think 3DS shipments being down YOY is perhaps the most bitter pill for them, moreso than even the Wii U.

The Wii U's issues are kinda predictable, but I think they really had their heart set on this year being a break out year for the 3DS, and certainly it had the software needed to do so.

It was sold out in Canada in a lot of stores as well. I tried to get one. Got it on the 3rd during a restock.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Soundwave said:
I think 3DS shipments being down YOY is perhaps the most bitter pill for them, moreso than even the Wii U.

The Wii U's issues are kinda predictable, but I think they really had their heart set on this year being a break out year for the 3DS, and certainly it had the software needed to do so.

Yeah, unless it really picks up in the West (and in the States in particular) I think we'll keep seeing the 3DS down yoy - I guess the only question is by how much...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah, unless it really picks up in the West (and in the States in particular) I think we'll keep seeing the 3DS down yoy - I guess the only question is by how much...

I'm gonna guess around 12-12.5 million in shipments. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
DanneSandin said:
Soundwave said:

I'm gonna guess around 12-12.5 million in shipments. 

I think I predicted 11.5m in Seeces thread...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Not bad, but not great either. I think a lot of people (myself included) expected a lot worse. So...yay!?

Imagine if the thread tittle said "Loss" instead of "Profit". This thread would have triple the total posts by now.

Nintendo and PC gamer

ryuendo89 said:

I think that's realistic at least considering my country when i go to mediamarkt or other big eletronic retailers and see an avarage of 3 to 5 Wii U's, 3 to none Xbox 360s and 15 to 20 PS3's and 10 to 15 PS4's on shelves, I think that it isn't to overtracked here on VGC

You forgot the 200-300 XBOX ONEs. At least that's the case in big Saturn or MediaMarkt strores in Germany.

So they didn't post a loss? And here I was so excited to see all those doom threads...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

sonicfan1373 said:

Nintendo stated on January 17 that they would be making a net loss by the end of the fiscal year (March); I can see them making a operating loss based on Q3 results but I do not understand how they would make net loss.

I read that they are going to be buying roughly $1billion worth of shares from their old boss who died recently and that's (I believe) where the net loss comes in. If they don't buy it, then another chunk could and then take control of Nintendo.