By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Investors Meeting - 8:00 PM EST (15 mins left)

For those of you wondering what “non-wearables” for health means, here’s the one clue he’s giving out for today: it’s not necessarily something you will use in the living room. Not sure that clarifies matters much, but we’ll need to wait for the big unveiling later this year.

Around the Network

On the possibility of tie-ups, Mr. Iwata says Nintendo can’t do everything on its own and will be “flexible” in considering its options. But he says there’s something that Nintendo will stick to: the creation of products that are unique and not comparable to anything else. “We’d like to work with other companies where necessary while maintaining our unique identity,” he says.

I don't even reconigze Nintendo no more, I understand but ....I just can't make out their desision no more. Its not the Quality of Life that upset me, I don' mind thatm the bigger the audience and varity, It feel Nintendo is stressing out, trying so hard to plead the stock holders.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Responding to a reporter’s question as to why sales were weak overseas while relatively strong in Japan, Mr. Iwata says the company’s marketing got divided between pushing for 3DS and Wii U console and in the end both never “exploded.” “This was the worst year-end shopping season since I became president. We need to rebuild as soon as possible,” he says.

magoghm said:
For those of you wondering what “non-wearables” for health means, here’s the one clue he’s giving out for today: it’s not necessarily something you will use in the living room. Not sure that clarifies matters much, but we’ll need to wait for the big unveiling later this year.

Nintendo brand toliet paper. 

Around the Network

The briefing has been going on for two hours now, but we’re finally with the last question! It’s another discussion of why Nintendo is keeping both the console and software. “By combining the hardware and software, we can amplify our strength,” Mr. Iwata insists.

Presentation slides in english: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130/index.html

spurgeonryan said:
Only people who hate the gamepad are people who have not used it.

the gamepad is great

Very interesting. You can tell that Nintendo, and Iwata are very smart and not lost in some kind of delusion as people think.

Health platform though, sounds like a new gimmick.  In the late 20-00's people were very into health gadgets.  In the 20-10's people are into sitting on their ass more, playing and watching stuff on their tablets.

My 8th gen collection

Can you guys help me understand something... (hi, I'm new, by the way). VGChartz has Super Mario 3D World at roughly 1.65m sold, but Nintendo recently announced it had SHIPPED more than a million, indicating that 1.65m is probably overtracked by quite a bit. However, Nintendo's latest figures now say 1.94m (sold? shipped?), so it seems that VGChartz could have UNDERtracked the game. Which is good news for a Nintendo fan like me. So do Nintendo's numbers include digital sales? Is that where the extra few hundred-thousand has come from? Whatever the true picture is, it seems SM3DW has actually performed better than I expected so far.