By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (UPDATED WITH CLARIFICATION) -#Sonygafgate: CBOAT created by Neogaf mod(s) to spread X1 hate (rumor) - Update: EKIM leaked Source 2 shots to CBOAT, is not his alt

DD_Bwest said:
Figgycal said:
kirby007 said:
true or false gaf is in disarray lol

False. No one is talking about this.

I dont think they are allowed to,  MisterX is a banned source

That makes sense.

VGchartz is also a banned source, which I found out.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Figgycal said:
DirtyP2002 said:

hahaha

again one of those: No matter what CBOAT does and how often he fails, we still trust him. Crazy.

And LOL @ Ekim whining about losing his job.

HE and HE alone leaks stuff, HE gets caught and now HE complains about the guy who caught him to stop, because he could lose his job.
I would fire that guy the next day, because he did this shit. You should know what you risk when you do stuff like this.

To post anything as an insider on gaf you need proof to back it up, or you get banned.

Yes, and I would totally trust those gaf mods to be 101% objective all the time.
And NOBODY on this world would want to get banned on Gaf. This is like losing everything you are.

When it takes 6 months to get accepted to the site and 2-3 years to become a member... I'd hate to get banned also. The mods are brutal. Every rumor by gaf insiders is backed up, hence why most gaf rumors end up becoming true.

Well regarding Cboat leaks...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5726849

he should be banned by now!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

NiKKoM said:
This... This is the moment that you should realise that you are spending too much time on the internet on game forums..

QFT

Nintendo and PC gamer

To the people who think "ohh no that poor guy could lose his job", you know how much these kind of people harm their companies financially? leaking stuff like with L4D3 is maybe not that horrible but leaking stuff about planned hardware or even something simpler like how the UI will look like is a disaster if the competition will hear to early about it to get a chance to copy it or to react to it and if someone like this guy leaked one thing which employer should believe him that he would never ever leak something else as well, maybe even directly to the competition?

If that guy wants a safe job he should simply care about his company and not about how awesome it would be if some insider could leak the stuff he will give him to see it around the world knowing it comes from him.

crissindahouse said:
To the people who think "ohh no that poor guy could lose his job", you know how much these kind of people harm their companies financially? leaking stuff like with L4D3 is maybe not that horrible but leaking stuff about planned hardware or even something simpler like how the UI will look like is a disaster if the competition will hear to early about it to copy it or to react to it.

Sure. Are you a shareholder or owner of those companies? Why would you care if no? 

For me as a gamer not involved financially with those companies, I want as much info regarding games or tech as possible, and companies usually keep their mouths shut until the last moment, don't talk about some interesting things at all. For me the more leaks the better.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

lol at this thread. People saying all sorts of stupid shit against gaf and cboat just because he leaked stuff?

That mystery guy was talking a lot of crap. This isnt even a thing on GAF -_-

Sigh vgchartz...keep digging guys. We will eventually reach the bottom ^^

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

So Cboat is a german ?

NiKKoM said:
This... This is the moment that you should realise that you are spending too much time on the internet on game forums..

Good God THIS A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!

OT:  I think leaks are ultimately horrible for the health of the industry.  It's basically somebody taking a picture of you in your underwear while you're dressing saying this is how you're going to look on your wedding day and we all go nuts over it and never let it go.  Leaks are bad for the industry.

Wow, sometimes I am embarrassed that I happen to have picked up video gaming as a hobby.

People treat this as if it's anything close to remotely of consequence. Holy hell. With all the efforts of framing video games as a mainstream hobby and something with a 'cool' image, the truth is sadly this: Video game fans are a bunch of nerds suitably detached from the real world.

Oh video games, I wish I could quit you.

eFKac said:

Sure. Are you a shareholder or owner of those companies? Why would you care if no? 

For me as a gamer not involved financially with those companies, I want as much info regarding games or tech as possible, and companies usually keep their mouths shut until the last moment, don't talk about some interesting things at all. For me the more leaks the better.

Well, doesn't change that he is aware of what he is doing and that he should be also aware that this is absolutely a reason to lose a job. And if he cares about his job he should think about it before he is leaking stuff. Not sure if he did it for money or only because he likes to see that people on the internet will talk about something he "stole" from his company but yeah, I don't really feel with someone who does that especially since I grew up in a family with an own company knowing how bad it is if some employees are assholes who take some info to someone who shouldn't know about it.

if it was really only the L4D stuff it wouldn't be that nice if he would lose his job but I doubt that this was or would have been the only thing he would ever tell CBOAT.

And is it good for me as gamer if I get some leaks? Yes, it is at least from time to time but that doesn't make it better.