By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (UPDATED WITH CLARIFICATION) -#Sonygafgate: CBOAT created by Neogaf mod(s) to spread X1 hate (rumor) - Update: EKIM leaked Source 2 shots to CBOAT, is not his alt

hinch said:
Figgycal said:
Misterxmedia is an asshole.

Yeah.. its pathetic, to be honest.

Peoples livelyhood could be at stake and what for? For the sake of fanboy console wars.

Granted it was silly for the guy to the similar alias/usernames on muliple accounts. Still, a really, really fucking shitty thing to do.

so what?  even if we like leaks, the dude is doing something against his company's  policy.

Around the Network

This... This is the moment that you should realise that you are spending too much time on the internet on game forums..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

and the point is?

CBOAT (real or made up) spread some information about the limits of the XBox One All In One Entertainment System Input One potential power compared to the PS4, he was pretty close to what the verified reality has confirmed (games running at either lower resolution, lower frame rate, with less details or a mix of all these).

Spreading information is not like spreading hate, hate would be like... well, in this case, not stating the truth about the XB1 and letting the MS PR machine do its thing unchecked, letting the game sites spread the same lies, either because they don't understand how the hardware work or they are taking bribes (probably just advertisement dollars), this is hate... another form of hate speech would be the americans trying to tie console purchases on patriotism as opposed to the metits of the product... but leaking internal information is not spreading hate, wether it's made under the disguise of a made up caracter or this guy is a true insider (truth is, they would have had to be in touch with an insider to reveal that information anyway... so it makes no difference).

hinch said:
Figgycal said:
Misterxmedia is an asshole.

Yeah.. its pathetic, to be honest.

Peoples livelyhood could be at stake and what for? For the sake of fanboy console wars.

Granted it was silly for the guy to the similar alias/usernames on muliple accounts. Still, a really, really fucking shitty thing to do.

Almost as shitty as breaching a confidentiality contract with an employer who trusts you just to give info to some dumbfuck on the internet.

Figgycal said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Figgycal said:
DirtyP2002 said:

hahaha

again one of those: , matter what CBOAT does and how often he fails, we still trust him. Crazy.

And LOL @ Ekim whining about losing his job.

HE and HE alone leaks stuff, HE gets caught and now HE complains about the guy who caught him to stop, because he could lose his job.
I would fire that guy the next day, because he did this shit. You should know what you risk when you do stuff like this.

To post anything as an insider on gaf you need proof to back it up, or you get banned.

Yes, and I would totally trust those gaf mods to be 101% objective all the time.
And NOBODY on this world would want to get banned on Gaf. This is like losing everything you are.

When it takes 6 months to get accepted to the site and 2-3 years to become a member... I'd hate to get banned also. The mods are brutal. Every rumor by gaf insiders is backed up, hence why most gaf rumors end up becoming true.

How long have you been on junior there?

Also lol @DirtyP saying misterxmedia is a Gaf leaker XD

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
pezus said:

@criss: read the thread

I read the read before I posted but that doesn't answer my question if I live behind the Moon if I didn't know these guys before I opened the thread. 

drkohler said:
Figgycal said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Yes, and I would totally trust those gaf mods to be 101% objective all the time.
And NOBODY on this world would want to get banned on Gaf. This is like losing everything you are.

When it takes 6 months to get accepted to the site and 2-3 years to become a member... I'd hate to get banned also. The mods are brutal. Every rumor by gaf insiders is backed up, hence why most gaf rumors end up becoming true.

I lasted about six or seven posts on that site before getting banned. I'm still alive. NeoGaf has its fair share of stupid and/or clueless people like every other site so it is not the wholy grail.

Of course. Still it's probably the most quality place for gaming discussion, best place to meet insiders, find new info or leaks. A lot of people are on their toes not to get banned.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

kirby007 said:
true or false gaf is in disarray lol

False. No one is talking about this.

Figgycal said:
kirby007 said:
true or false gaf is in disarray lol

False. No one is talking about this.

I dont think they are allowed to,  MisterX is a banned source

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

eFKac said:
Figgycal said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Figgycal said:
DirtyP2002 said:

hahaha

again one of those: , matter what CBOAT does and how often he fails, we still trust him. Crazy.

And LOL @ Ekim whining about losing his job.

HE and HE alone leaks stuff, HE gets caught and now HE complains about the guy who caught him to stop, because he could lose his job.
I would fire that guy the next day, because he did this shit. You should know what you risk when you do stuff like this.

To post anything as an insider on gaf you need proof to back it up, or you get banned.

How long have you been on junior there?

Also lol @DirtyP saying misterxmedia is a Gaf leaker XD

I never did.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...