By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (UPDATED WITH CLARIFICATION) -#Sonygafgate: CBOAT created by Neogaf mod(s) to spread X1 hate (rumor) - Update: EKIM leaked Source 2 shots to CBOAT, is not his alt

DD_Bwest said:
darkknightkryta said:
DD_Bwest said:
darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:

"Could that mean part of  Microsoft hate on neogaf.com is managed by VALVE?"

What the hell did that turn into at the end?  :D

It's like the Days of Our Lives gaming version!  CBOAT is actually Stefano, set to take over the world.

Pokoko you have no idea how much you just made my day.

Same here,  When i saw this i fell on the floor.  Gotta Love the pheonix.  (great memories of wishing i could turn on the n64 while my mom wanted to find out if everyone would discover that lady locked in a cellar behind the wine closet.. )    The only character that would make me crack up more is his crazy doctor Rolf.

Yeah, that doc guy was hilarious.  I'm actually surprised no one's memed John Black's stare.

haha omg how could i forget.  that guy was the KING of stares and faces..

Only one of them is the look though.  You know, that look he has before a commercial.  It always looks like he's staring at the door or something "Hey what is that?  A commercial break?"

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
DD_Bwest said:
darkknightkryta said:
DD_Bwest said:
darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:

"Could that mean part of  Microsoft hate on neogaf.com is managed by VALVE?"

What the hell did that turn into at the end?  :D

It's like the Days of Our Lives gaming version!  CBOAT is actually Stefano, set to take over the world.

Pokoko you have no idea how much you just made my day.

Same here,  When i saw this i fell on the floor.  Gotta Love the pheonix.  (great memories of wishing i could turn on the n64 while my mom wanted to find out if everyone would discover that lady locked in a cellar behind the wine closet.. )    The only character that would make me crack up more is his crazy doctor Rolf.

Yeah, that doc guy was hilarious.  I'm actually surprised no one's memed John Black's stare.

haha omg how could i forget.  that guy was the KING of stares and faces..

Only one of them is the look though.  You know, that look he has before a commercial.  It always looks like he's staring at the door or something "Hey what is that?  A commercial break?"

both the top 2 were his cut to commerical glare, he mixed it up a bit..   the other 2 just look great lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

wait some people still think CBoat or gaf is a good source of info or leaks ???? bahahahaha.... I don't think I have seen a single leak in forever come first on gaf that I didn't already saw somewhere else....

gaf has been a piece of garbage for while, since it got "mainstream" pretty much... it is just good for people that need info fast in one place and don't mind to dig through suprem fanboyism of whatever console is the hot cake of the moment...

the-pi-guy said:
selnor1983 said:
Gaf is THE biggest joke to the game industry journalism. Its 1 big Sony fest. And now we find out Valve employees ( Who hate MS ) are on the mod team.

GAF = Biggest joke on the internet.

Not sure if cereal.   

I'm not exactly sure what you are basing that off of.  

You realize you're misquoting the epidsode.  It's serial, not cereal.  He says "I'm being serial..." instead of saying "I'm being serious..."  Notice the similarities. S.E.R.I.

Yes, by virtue of extension, this means that Al Gore invented Siri, but that's a different conversation altogether.

kirby007 said:
-CraZed- said:
kirby007 said:
-CraZed- said:
kirby007 said:
pezus said:
  1. you should know that I always defended X1 during the last year. Read it in your blog.I deleted references to save my identity.

2. what you are doing could cost me my job. Everything in this thread has nothing to do with Sony vs. MS.

What could cost him his job is the leaking, not the exposure of the leaking... its all on himself

Get real. Sites like these and the people who visit them depend on these minor leaks for fodder. It creates buzz and discussion on a daily basis. The "leak" wasn't even all that bad in that it shows very little and leaves a LOT to be interpreted. Thanks to mrxmedia and his crazy rantings he has put in jeopardy a source who is willing to put out tasty tidbits of info for us all to talk about.

Sure ekim is taking his chances, but most of us rational internet denizens would have just kept the damned info on topic and not sought to expose the guy and cost him his job just to prove some asinine, crackpot MS vs Sony conspiracy about how CBOAT is really ekim and that NeoGaf is a site dedicated to destorying the XB1.

@bolded, 90% of the readers goes looking for the source even on general posts, let alone leaks or controversial topics

And I am sure you can produce a source, graph or some other means of proving your 90% claim?

And even if you could it still wouldn't excuse the attempt to out the guy and/or spread unsubstantiated claims that the guy was CBOAT. And they sure as heck aren't always looking to go as far as mrxmedia's claims.

The only thing that was proven was that NeoGaf takes seriously its rules against attempting to discover and out a users identity. Which is why they get these leaks in the first place.

checking sources is rule number one when reading anything, that 90% is based on a smart population

Sorry, but I find nothing smart about a made up statictic, but I appreciate your optimism that those of us reading VGChartz and the GAf etc. are "smart" as I beleive there some pretty intelligent peoples around here. 

That being said, you can check a source without having to know who the person is. We've impeached Presidents on info garnered by anonymous sources. I think we can decide if info is legit or not from the materials provided from said sources. And even if we can't so what? Is knowing who leaked it worth them losing their jobs over?

Which brings us right back to the original point that due to some peoples' reckless attampts to "out" a source for no other reason but seemingly for their own selfish jealousy has ramifications that can and most likely will result in fewer of these sources willing to drop those delicious tidbits of info.

Around the Network

the fact that misterxmedia is not a troll is just sad.

pezus said:
osed125 said:

When you have thousands of death treats because of Mass Effect 3 ending. Making a fuss because Cranky Kong was the Nintendo reveal at the VGX. All gaming forums insulting either MS, Sony or Nintendo. FF XIII is a piece of shit. Death treats because Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive. Nintendo is doomed because of the 2DS. Mobile games are the devil. I can agree with all impertinence said.

The reasons above is why people doesn't take the game industry seriously. They see the industry (and it's fans) like a bunch of grown up kids, and sadly, this kind of things doesn't really prove them wrong.

What you're describing is your and impertinence's prejudice. You're generalizing and extrapolating the reactions of the few on the MANY.

Secondly, companies don't give a shit about how some random forum goers behave. Correlation is not causation. 

Never said we were all like that. It seems you didn't read the last thing I said. That's the perception people have of the gaming community, and it isn't going to change thanks to those people, and the game industry isn't really doing anything to change that. The internet community represents us, and no matter how much you want to deny it, it is a shitty place.

Nintendo and PC gamer

the follow up with the other leaker was hilarious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.