By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (UPDATED WITH CLARIFICATION) -#Sonygafgate: CBOAT created by Neogaf mod(s) to spread X1 hate (rumor) - Update: EKIM leaked Source 2 shots to CBOAT, is not his alt

kowenicki said:
Dont neogaf have previous form on hiding posts and hiding threads that don't suit them?

I'm pretty sure they have. I'll find the info.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67036153

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
-CraZed- said:
kirby007 said:
pezus said:
  1. you should know that I always defended X1 during the last year. Read it in your blog.I deleted references to save my identity.

2. what you are doing could cost me my job. Everything in this thread has nothing to do with Sony vs. MS.

What could cost him his job is the leaking, not the exposure of the leaking... its all on himself

Get real. Sites like these and the people who visit them depend on these minor leaks for fodder. It creates buzz and discussion on a daily basis. The "leak" wasn't even all that bad in that it shows very little and leaves a LOT to be interpreted. Thanks to mrxmedia and his crazy rantings he has put in jeopardy a source who is willing to put out tasty tidbits of info for us all to talk about.

Sure ekim is taking his chances, but most of us rational internet denizens would have just kept the damned info on topic and not sought to expose the guy and cost him his job just to prove some asinine, crackpot MS vs Sony conspiracy about how CBOAT is really ekim and that NeoGaf is a site dedicated to destorying the XB1.

@bolded, 90% of the readers goes looking for the source even on general posts, let alone leaks or controversial topics

And I am sure you can produce a source, graph or some other means of proving your 90% claim?

And even if you could it still wouldn't excuse the attempt to out the guy and/or spread unsubstantiated claims that the guy was CBOAT. And they sure as heck aren't always looking to go as far as mrxmedia's claims.

The only thing that was proven was that NeoGaf takes seriously its rules against attempting to discover and out a users identity. Which is why they get these leaks in the first place.

1. That means that CBOAT (one of 3 main Microsoft haters on internet that sets the tone for all others MS haters) is neogaf.com moderator EKIM. The other 2 are @thuway and @mortimortier. Neogaf moderators created CBOAT to spread a lie about Xbox.

And i tough the unity thread was the worst we could possibily see. The day i a give credit to this will be the day that i will believe that MS and Sony made a cartel to use the same architecture to stop nintendo for winning again

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Barbarossa said:
Turkish said:
Barbarossa said:
Turkish said:
Barbarossa said:
Turkish said:
Barbarossa said:
I just have to write this somewhere.

Right now there is a thread on neogaf discussing the significant difference between xone and ps4 Tomb raider.
Strange thing is that the thread is not getting any new posts as of right now. Ths is not normal neogaf. There should be a LOT of posting going on. Also im getting multiple "bad gateway" error messages.

WHY?

It's not overloaded, there has been a lot more users on the forum before, right? Ca 11.000 as i write this.
I have noticed this before when there was xone negativity going on around launch.

Are there any neogaffers here who cant post in the thread?
Call me paranoid and post a complimentary Tsoukalos.jpg but I seriously suspect something going on here.
Are they trying to keep the thread from appearing on the front page?

I dunno. Also get lots of errors while browsing the site, but its not getting any significant visitors.

Thanks for replying.

I find it very hard to believe noone is watching that thread. It should be the most active thread going on. I was expecting a 50+ thread within the hour. I'm not proud to say I religiously read neogaf for several hours every day, but at this point, I have a pretty good feeling of what makes those guys tick. (Please, someone post the "I'm an expert on japanese culture" gaf-meme).

Watch the time-stamps on other active (less interesting, for gaffers anyway) threads, they get several posts within minutes while the tomb Raider thread gets one every five minutes or so. I find it hard to see this is just coincidence.

Thanks for reading.

What do you think is happening to that thread?

I was thinking they are blocking users to post in it by giving 502's. Everyone seems to get them so why would anyone suspect anything? Yes, I'm aware how this sounds and I may be crazy. Unfortunately, not being a member, I can't try posting myself.

Like I said earlier, other threads seems to get posts at "normal" intervals, but not this one.

Yeah something is definetly weird though I dont think it has to do with Tomb Raider, its probably L4D3/CBOAT related. Paranoid Misterxmedias story is trending on reddit so maybe preventing huge influx of redditors?

Well, why does the other threads work fine? I have seen the same behaviour before, that was when the xone had the DRM-fiasco going on. Threads were being closed left and right and the most critical ones were conspicuously absent from the front page. I'm a nutter perhaps but as of right now 'm inclined to believe that "someone" is tampering with the site.

I was getting errors from browsing a lot of threads though. Something fishy going on lol.

-CraZed- said:
kirby007 said:
-CraZed- said:
kirby007 said:
pezus said:
  1. you should know that I always defended X1 during the last year. Read it in your blog.I deleted references to save my identity.

2. what you are doing could cost me my job. Everything in this thread has nothing to do with Sony vs. MS.

What could cost him his job is the leaking, not the exposure of the leaking... its all on himself

Get real. Sites like these and the people who visit them depend on these minor leaks for fodder. It creates buzz and discussion on a daily basis. The "leak" wasn't even all that bad in that it shows very little and leaves a LOT to be interpreted. Thanks to mrxmedia and his crazy rantings he has put in jeopardy a source who is willing to put out tasty tidbits of info for us all to talk about.

Sure ekim is taking his chances, but most of us rational internet denizens would have just kept the damned info on topic and not sought to expose the guy and cost him his job just to prove some asinine, crackpot MS vs Sony conspiracy about how CBOAT is really ekim and that NeoGaf is a site dedicated to destorying the XB1.

@bolded, 90% of the readers goes looking for the source even on general posts, let alone leaks or controversial topics

And I am sure you can produce a source, graph or some other means of proving your 90% claim?

And even if you could it still wouldn't excuse the attempt to out the guy and/or spread unsubstantiated claims that the guy was CBOAT. And they sure as heck aren't always looking to go as far as mrxmedia's claims.

The only thing that was proven was that NeoGaf takes seriously its rules against attempting to discover and out a users identity. Which is why they get these leaks in the first place.

checking sources is rule number one when reading anything, that 90% is based on a smart population

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Barbarossa said:
Turkish said:
Barbarossa said:
Turkish said:
Barbarossa said:
Turkish said:
Barbarossa said:
I just have to write this somewhere.

Right now there is a thread on neogaf discussing the significant difference between xone and ps4 Tomb raider.
Strange thing is that the thread is not getting any new posts as of right now. Ths is not normal neogaf. There should be a LOT of posting going on. Also im getting multiple "bad gateway" error messages.

WHY?

It's not overloaded, there has been a lot more users on the forum before, right? Ca 11.000 as i write this.
I have noticed this before when there was xone negativity going on around launch.

Are there any neogaffers here who cant post in the thread?
Call me paranoid and post a complimentary Tsoukalos.jpg but I seriously suspect something going on here.
Are they trying to keep the thread from appearing on the front page?

I dunno. Also get lots of errors while browsing the site, but its not getting any significant visitors.

Thanks for replying.

I find it very hard to believe noone is watching that thread. It should be the most active thread going on. I was expecting a 50+ thread within the hour. I'm not proud to say I religiously read neogaf for several hours every day, but at this point, I have a pretty good feeling of what makes those guys tick. (Please, someone post the "I'm an expert on japanese culture" gaf-meme).

Watch the time-stamps on other active (less interesting, for gaffers anyway) threads, they get several posts within minutes while the tomb Raider thread gets one every five minutes or so. I find it hard to see this is just coincidence.

Thanks for reading.

What do you think is happening to that thread?

I was thinking they are blocking users to post in it by giving 502's. Everyone seems to get them so why would anyone suspect anything? Yes, I'm aware how this sounds and I may be crazy. Unfortunately, not being a member, I can't try posting myself.

Like I said earlier, other threads seems to get posts at "normal" intervals, but not this one.

Yeah something is definetly weird though I dont think it has to do with Tomb Raider, its probably L4D3/CBOAT related. Paranoid Misterxmedias story is trending on reddit so maybe preventing huge influx of redditors?

Well, why does the other threads work fine? I have seen the same behaviour before, that was when the xone had the DRM-fiasco going on. Threads were being closed left and right and the most critical ones were conspicuously absent from the front page. I'm a nutter perhaps but as of right now 'm inclined to believe that "someone" is tampering with the site.

I was getting errors from browsing a lot of threads though. Something fishy going on lol.

Lol, yeah a fishier smell I have rarely smelt before, and I work with sushi.

Don;t know what the hell is going on but anything that ridicules neogaf is welcomed by me.

Ah neogaffe, they never fail to entertain.

-CraZed- said:

... crackpot MS vs Sony conspiracy about how CBOAT is really ekim and that NeoGaf is a site dedicated to destorying the XB1.

Small correction: According to mrxmedia, EACH AND EVERY site is paid by Sony to destroy the XBox One..

Is Neogaf a Sony forum in the same way that Nintendo life is for Nintendo fans? Or a general videogames forum that somehow ended with a sony fan majority?