By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do Americans prefer Microsoft over Sony ??

Very simple Xbox brand is very, very strong with kids. Mainly because of last generation and Minecraft. All my kids and friends don't even know what Sony is.

Edit:  And Nintendo, of course. 

Around the Network

I don't, never have, never will. I don't hate Xbox by any means, just prefer Sony and what i feel for me personally, are always better exclusives.

If I saw proof that the XBox is more popular than the PS brand in America then perhaps we can talk. What I have so far is:

PS2 beat Xbox brand in America

Xbox brand beat the PS3 in America

PS4 is beating the Xbox brand in America.

So, I'm uncertain on what foundation you're basing this supposed 'preference' on. I think it's clear that Sony are more popular than Microsoft in America when it comes to consoles.

The PS5 Exists. 

Because America has never cared about what the rest of the world does or thinks.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

shloob said:

As an American I find it troubling that Americans aren't more patriotic when it comes to these things. We need to buy more American based products to help bolster our economy. We help other countries out by buying their products more so than any other country. If we looked for American based company first we would be benefiting our Country as a whole to a far greater extent than we already do. 

Riding Mower...Our minimum wage is 7.25 not 5.25.

He must live In Georgia or Wyoming which have the lowest minimum wages in the union. I live in NY where minimum wage is $8 and is set to increase to $8.75 at the end of the month. Thinking about it, minimum wage is kinda BS from an employer's standpoint isn't it?

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
Goatseye said:
OttoniBastos said:

I was talking about FPS uncharted and the order are TPS.

Plus none of sony's FPS are as big as HALO or Gears.

American gamers play FPS the most and MS biggest exclusives are FPS.Plus they made Xbox brand "the house of COD" like spencer said some time ago.

You talking about quantity i'm talking about popularity here!

The Xbox brand is Shooter related, PS don't!

Shooters tends to have bigger attach rates on Xbox than PS cause if you're american and you like shooters,chances are you will buy an Xbox.The same apllies to jRPG and playstation.Yes shooter do sell well on playstation,but mostly thanks to sonyland and ROW.

Disseste que os maiores exclusivos do Microsoft sao FPS. Usaste o plural, no qual nao se enquadra na realidade do portfolio da MS.

It seems that Sony's plan was the same. And why not?

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Americans don't prefer MS over Sony.
Americans prefer MS more than in Europe, but the sales said that the americans preferer Sony, and even if for only a month XO will sell more than PS4, that is nothing.

EDIT: In console markt, obvius.

cuz f-yeah, murca n stuff

Thanks jlmurph!

Ryng_Tolu said:
Americans don't prefer MS over Sony.
Americans prefer MS more than in Europe, but the sales said that the americans preferer Sony, and even if for only a month XO will sell more than PS4, that is nothing.

Doubt it.  The only reason Sony sold more is the price was 100 bucks cheaper.