By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do Americans prefer Microsoft over Sony ??

They don't! The difference though is that microsoft focus on USA with their marketing,deals and genre of games(shooter mostly) while Sony have a more WW approach.

Around the Network

I myself prefer PS4. However, why ask this question? I don't think Black Friday sales determines what's preferred. Heck, it's the time when most non-gamers are picking up game systems. For the rest of the year it seemed like Americans preferred Playstation.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Mr Puggsly said:
rccsetzer said:
Because Microsoft is an American corporation?

Have you ever heard anyone say they bought a Xbox because its an American system?

yes.

JoeFlex said:

In these hard times I buy American, even though it's not made in America.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Microsoft, being american as they are, find it easier to market to americans make games for americans and generally be american. Notice Ireland for example is an xbox territory. I have never seen so many 360's per household in all my life. Then again, many of my friends there also own a wii and ps3. This gen though, many people opted for the ps4 instead, at first due to a nice deal, and now because of the snowball/ buddy has it effect. The Wii U is only catching on now, while the xbox  is competing with the ps4, and may be losing. Small market, high console per household rate. It's interesting.

Because when you think of FPS game you think of Microsoft and us 'Mericans love us some good ol' guns.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
Insekticida said:
Why do europeans prefer Sony over Microsoft?

Microsoft might have screwed up with the horrible unveiling and all but it's gaming system is still the best console for a lot of us.

Europeans dont forget easily. If you mess with us, you are in for a world of hurt.

Americans don't prefer Micro$oft over Sony. The PS2 dominated the original Xbox and the PS4 is number 1 in the US at the moment. The Xbox One only sells this good because of the bundles and the temporary price drops, the PS4 will sell way better than Xbox One at the same price point. It's just a matter of time before Sony will react.

OttoniBastos said:
They don't! The difference though is that microsoft focus on USA with their marketing,deals and genre of games(shooter mostly) while Sony have a more WW approach.

Microsoft Shooters:

Halo and Gears.

Sony Shooters:

Haze, Resistance, Killzone, MAG, Uncharted, The Order, etc...

I wish I knew the answer to this question. So many issues with the Xbox brand I really don't understand why it is preferred. I used to like both but Xbox has tried very hard to get me to hate it and they have succeeded, idk why so many Americans still are obsessed with it.

ijustlikegames:) said:
I wish I knew the answer to this question. So many issues with the Xbox brand I really don't understand why it is preferred. I used to like both but Xbox has tried very hard to get me to hate it and they have succeeded, idk why so many Americans still are obsessed with it.

More and better competitive games maybe?