By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do Americans prefer Microsoft over Sony ??

Yeah, that's all fine and good, but people still just don't like them. Gotta admit, it's not a very likable company.

Around the Network

I don't know what total sales everyone else has been looking at but its obvious US prefers Sony, considering its outsold MS nearly every month in the US and still is ahead in the US by a million units despite MS practically giving the console away.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Patriotism, i agree.

Americans are cheap and don't care about quality.

PS4 was winning in America at $399 price range over xb1.
XB1 is now winning at 329-349$ price range over 399$ ps4.

It's really all about the dollar.
People have no idea about policies and stuff like that, only gamers do.
At the end of the day, Christmas is about getting little Jimmy that brand spankin new console as cheap as possible because otherwise he'll hit mama.

If both is highly competitive, price is the definitive factor

Around the Network

Clearly you haven't talked to all American's. I've never been a huge fan of Microsoft, though, I use Windows, because I'm even less of a fan of Apple. Sony all the way for me.

Because sadly we only play shooters. And yes, I said sadly

Well... Microsoft,XBOne,Kinect... That's 3 diffirent things that are related to eachother... a triangle has 3 sides...............

They don't prefer any of them. The US has the smaller level of brand loyalty. They just want the cheap box. PS4 was cheaper in the beginning, it won. After that, they had the same price, but PS4 packed more power and that favoured it on the tie, PS4 won. X1 now is cheaper, it wins. Easy math.

Anyway, I don't thin we can say they prefer MS when PS4 is almost 1M ahead after 1 year. X1 is losing market share. MS had US on its hand, now they are close to a tie, they had a smaller share on EU, now they have a tiny one, they had almost nothing in Japan, now they have nothing.

I have all three consoles, why cuz Murica!!!

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25