By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do Americans prefer Microsoft over Sony ??

0815user said:
in japan they also prefere sony or nintendo way over microsoft. guess the europeans have to decide who wins.

Europe loves Sony except for UK they also love MS. Europe is the home of Playstation now and it probably always has been and always will be. There are few regions so locked as Europe, although the 360 did well in Europe the PS3 dominated it. Japan prefers nintendo now that monster hunter is gone from PS handhelds, When FF15 and bloodborne release the PS4 will do big numbers but at this moment the PS4 has sold more units in germany than in Japan.

US has a preference for MS but a good competitor still makes a shot to win, but if the machines are Equal MS probably takes the gold there, but mostly not by a big distance. US decides who wins in most occasions, although Sony´s lock in Europe puts them at 3-0 score from the start. Why we prefer Sony we seem to like games being made in Europe and Champions league sponsoring seems to help a lot. MS advertising in The Netherlands is also poor mostly they make an available on xbox mini add after a third party game add. Lastly we really seem to enjoy uncharted type of games although MS hould promote Forza in Europe could become huge down here, why they don't do that is stiill a fucking mysterie to me, if you want to win you should at least do well in EU microsoft.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Well it really wasn't neck-to-neck til recently. Sony had the clear market lead for the majority of the year (even when prices were equal) and it would seem they have the consumers vote of confidence. For a while now people have being hammering home the this xbox is more competitive this winter and its true, we're seeing the fruition of that. I don't think this NPD or even next reflects on how things will shape up.

In regards to the 360, it was cheaper, pioneered in the online space and had better games for the first few years of that generation. Infact the only reason why 360 didn't win everywhere is because favouritism to the playstation brand in europe and Japan

Srassy said:
teigaga said:
Well it really wasn't neck-to-neck til recently. Sony had the clear market lead for the majority of the year (even when prices were equal) and it would seem they have the consumers vote of confidence. For a while now people have being hammering home the this xbox is more competitive this winter and its true, we're seeing the fruition of that. I don't think this NPD or even next reflects on how things will shape up.

In regards to the 360, it was cheaper, pioneered in the online space and had better games for the first few years of that generation. Infact the only reason why 360 didn't win everywhere is because favouritism to the playstation brand in europe and Japan

It's actually favouritism by the rest of the world.  The Xbox 360 only seemed to have dramatically outsold the PS3 in the US and UK.  Two regions not exactly consisting of 'everywhere'.

yeah, it makes sense. They built a legacy with the PS1, PS2... It wasn't going to die over night. 

I would say it's the holidays that make the American's Xbox crazy? from 1 January it will be PS4 domination all the way...

Well I have had far to many crappy consumer products from Sony. In my experience the hardware from Sony and the User Experience of the hardware has been nothing short of terrible. From laptops, to stereo equipment, to DVD/Bluray players to TVs have been just plain bad.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

Microsoft is advertising Xbone more towards Americans. Sony is advertising to everyone because everyone will buy it. They have different agendas and they both seem to be working. Have at it.

Because of um,

'MERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Would not say they prefer MS over Sony
But at least we can say, that Americans don't prefer Sony over MS like mainland Europe.

And if that's the case, other points matter if ur product sells better than the competition.
To many different reasons, to tell.

MS hypnotizes the poor people in US and makes them buy the Xbox.

BHR-3 said:
halo
forza
gears
l4d
dead rising
alan wake
quantum break
maxpayne (originally xbox exclusive)

while the others focus on jrpgs and games catered to teenagers

also MS is an american company

Uncharted

The Last of Us

God of War

Killzone

Bloodborne

The Order

Gran Turismo

Infamous

Dude ur post makes no sense.  I see just as many, if not more, games for adults that niether cater to teens nor are they JRPGs.  The Playstation brand has so much more on the pipeline when you look at everything else and is much more rounded because of it.  Doesn't mean western games are missing.  ;)

OT competition is good, who cares.  =P

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261