By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did MS just win the North American console market?

Blood_Tears said:
You guys have some solid points and my thoughts are that it’s all about momentum and I think it’s starting to sway a little bit back to MS. There not making nearly as many PR mistakes anymore with really only Spencer talking. (And let’s face it Spencer is doing a hell of a job for PR and interviews)

PS4 does have a hefty price advantage but one price drop from MS will change that landscape, plus Sony can’t really afford to drop price anytime soon. Spencer did compliment Sony of being unique/creative and supporting those ways and that’s what I think they need to do.

The US market has rejected Resistance and Killzone. So shooter wise they have nothing to compete with. I’m really hoping GG’s new IP is something special like an open world WRPG style.

Sony’s first party studios other then Uncharted are not going to pull in US gamers Imo anyways. God of War is on its way out and I’m tired of them releasing collection package after collection package. Sony Santa Monica needs something new. I know they’re helping with the Order but we don’t even know what game looks like yet. It’s going to get gritty soon I think in the next year or two.

A lot of assumptions here. For one sony is working on new IP;s, we have no way of knowing how well or not it will be received in the US. Ps4 is still in high demand in the US. Xbox had halo and other big gaes with the first xbox too ps2 had no issues.

Third party software alone is enough to keep a system selling in the US when it is priced like ps4.

Around the Network

Microsoft might still win NA but it will be a lot closer this time around. It's too early to call a winner because we need to see the how the PS4 will stabilize once stock meets demand.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I don't think that a not really unexpected little step from MS will tip the scale. It's not like MS won because of Gears.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

My only thought is who is actually developing the game. A name is just a name... epic made the games fun.

Even before this, I thought Xbox One would edge out PS4 in NA long term...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

God of war is not on it's way out, if it IS so is gears... Ascension did better then judgement. A new god of war on next gen with some big improvements would sell a tonne.

gears is minimum 2 years away maybe 3....... This has not changed anything.

I think Sony is ok with losing the US to a small percentage. As long as they have Europe/ Japan & The World as theirs.
And as early sales show, its already happening.
But still remember, XB1 has the US by a small margin, with massive supplies on shelves, while PS4 are gone as soon as they hit shelves.
It will be interesting to see how things pan out when Japan's launch is past and Sony can then place all focus on the US.

I think XB1 will win NA by 2.5M-4M units in the Long-term vs the MONSTEROUS gap from last gen. This will allow Sony to have the large lead overall.
This is based on observations of casuals who now want PS4 due to cheaper price. Halo + fan-base will draw sales but not as extreme as last gen

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

LMAo no.

everyone expected gears to stay with MS.

X1 is still screwd on the price point, they need to fix that to eak out a na win.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Figgycal said:

Consider the fact that 99% of the people buying consoles have no idea that multiplatform Gears was even possible. Most people assumed it would always be an Xbox exlcusive... nothing has changed.

Halo and Titanfall might tip the scale though.

Dude...The Xbox has gone back to competitive heaven status. They've got Killer Instinct, Gears, the first game of Titanfall exclusive and they've got Halo coming ontop of another shooter from Black Tusk. Thats pretty much it. MS is MLG certified in America for this gen. It is definitely going to be the most competitive gaming console. Add the fact that they've got exclusive content in Madden and you've got yourself a winner in America.

It's really not that straight forward... A lot of shit can happen between now and E3...

A ton of PS4 exclusives are still unnanounced... For example, you mention killer Instinct - a fighting game. But fighting game fans as well as competitive fighting game players know that Guilty Gear XRD- a much bigger franchise than KI is exclusive to PS4.