By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did MS just win the North American console market?

Hahah no.

Around the Network

Sony has God of War to win the North American market.

The first gears increased hardware sales quite a bit, which is fine but the way the internet is on fire about it expect renewed interest!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It is possible but definitely not simply because of securing Gears.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Gears of War on Xbox 360 was a phenomenon. Me, I loved the gameplay, characters, story, and universe but I gotta admit I wouldn't have experienced any of that were it not for the phenomenal graphics in 2006.

Will the next GeoW have that hook?

Around the Network

You guys have some solid points and my thoughts are that it’s all about momentum and I think it’s starting to sway a little bit back to MS. There not making nearly as many PR mistakes anymore with really only Spencer talking. (And let’s face it Spencer is doing a hell of a job for PR and interviews)

PS4 does have a hefty price advantage but one price drop from MS will change that landscape, plus Sony can’t really afford to drop price anytime soon. Spencer did compliment Sony of being unique/creative and supporting those ways and that’s what I think they need to do.

The US market has rejected Resistance and Killzone. So shooter wise they have nothing to compete with. I’m really hoping GG’s new IP is something special like an open world WRPG style.

Sony’s first party studios other then Uncharted are not going to pull in US gamers Imo anyways. God of War is on its way out and I’m tired of them releasing collection package after collection package. Sony Santa Monica needs something new. I know they’re helping with the Order but we don’t even know what game looks like yet. It’s going to get gritty soon I think in the next year or two.

X1 is shaping up to be Shooterbox 2, so it will have a lot of multiplayer gun games, which will help it sell in America. And to those saying that Gears was assumed to be MS exclusive, there were plenty of rumors that an HD gears compilation was going to accompany the announcement of multiplat Gears 5. Now that has been put to rest, more people will settle on X1 or now buy and X1(to accompany their PS4's) for this(and other) exclusive offerings.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Blood_Tears said:
You guys have some solid points and my thoughts are that it’s all about momentum and I think it’s starting to sway a little bit back to MS. There not making nearly as many PR mistakes anymore with really only Spencer talking. (And let’s face it Spencer is doing a hell of a job for PR and interviews)

PS4 does have a hefty price advantage but one price drop from MS will change that landscape, plus Sony can’t really afford to drop price anytime soon. Spencer did compliment Sony of being unique/creative and supporting those ways and that’s what I think they need to do.

The US market has rejected Resistance and Killzone. So shooter wise they have nothing to compete with. I’m really hoping GG’s new IP is something special like an open world WRPG style.

Sony’s first party studios other then Uncharted are not going to pull in US gamers Imo anyways. God of War is on its way out and I’m tired of them releasing collection package after collection package. Sony Santa Monica needs something new. I know they’re helping with the Order but we don’t even know what game looks like yet. It’s going to get gritty soon I think in the next year or two.

No its not. In that case even Gears is on its way out due to Judgment.

So, what has changed? Did anyone really expect Gears of War to release on PS4, or did anyone expect the series to not continue?

Figgycal said:

Consider the fact that 99% of the people buying consoles have no idea that multiplatform Gears was even possible. Most people assumed it would always be an Xbox exlcusive... nothing has changed.

Halo and Titanfall might tip the scale though.

Dude...The Xbox has gone back to competitive heaven status. They've got Killer Instinct, Gears, the first game of Titanfall exclusive and they've got Halo coming ontop of another shooter from Black Tusk. Thats pretty much it. MS is MLG certified in America for this gen. It is definitely going to be the most competitive gaming console. Add the fact that they've got exclusive content in Madden and you've got yourself a winner in America.