By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY downgraded again to Junk by Moody's (outlook stable).

Mr Puggsly said:
I think Infamous will take care of all these money problems.

Uh... PS4 can wipeout XBone completely and take all of it's market share and the gaming division would still not cover all of Sony's issues.

Never mind that if that happened, there would be even more case for splitting the gaming division off.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
I think Infamous will take care of all these money problems.

Yeah like it did in the past...

kowenicki said:
Ashadian said:

If Sony were going under then it would have happened a long time ago. They need to get rid of the TV's if they can't make a profit on them. Movies/Music is fine, same goes for Playstation. Mobile is growing and could be a cash cow.

Movies had a  terrible year last year, they fired some senior people there as a result and have decided to make less movies and concentrate more on TV shows.

Your definition of cash cow is strange,  mobile will never be a cash cow for Sony, it actually needs to grow to make any profit at all.  Cash cow is something that prints money regardless.  Not happening.

Alot of Sonys movies have been crap, Captain Phillips and American Hustle seemed to be pretty successful. Also didn't they make Breaking Bad? that was quite a big hit. Wonder what Tv series they will make next.

What happened to the huge turnaround Hirai brought to Sony?
Sony still has the same problems as before- same TV division making huge loses, being completely dominated by Samsung and LG etc.
Oh well, at least it has a stable outlook.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

think-man said:

Alot of Sonys movies have been crap, Captain Phillips and American Hustle seemed to be pretty successful. Also didn't they make Breaking Bad? that was quite a big hit. Wonder what Tv series they will make next.

They make lots of TV series but they have both big failures and big hits. In fact, this year they co produce The Blacklist which is currently the No.1 drama on TV this season. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

As I wrote elsewhere, the best thing for Sony would be to be taken over by some Japanese giant that should keep what works, like gaming, financial services, movies, music, etc, and ditch TVs, or better, it should be a giant that already produces also TVs and should keep Sony only as a premium brand, with production synergy with the mainstream brand, and stopping trying to compete in mid and mid-low end, where Sony can only bleed money without any hope to be competitive, let alone profitable.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

So is Playstation in trouble? I don't really give a shit about Sony as a whole company, as long as the Playstation brand is alive and healthy

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Seemed inevitable, PS4 has been really the only bright spot and they were the exception.

supernihilist said:
this comes to show how Nintendo has a long way to go before dissapearing. this kind of things dont happen in a night/day timelapse

you realize there is a huge difference between the two and you cant look at whats happening to sony and come to a conclusion about nintendo... doesnt work thatway

gooch_destroyer said:
Mystro-Sama said:
How the fuck it get so bad!? Were they burning money?

Since the PS3?

Dat free online

Dem free bundled exclusives

Those...excuse me, I meant "Dose" $599 consoles sold at a loss.

In an effort to remain competitive, Sony did a lot of things that just didn't make a lot of sense from a money making point of view.  Good for fans but bad for business.  Any attempt to make money like a business is supposed to do would have earned them a "$ony" label, I guess.