By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY downgraded again to Junk by Moody's (outlook stable).

Man just imagine what would happen if spiderman 2 bombs (I know it wont)

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Stock down 5.5%

If they also miss their, already reduced, financial targets then they will get another spanking from the markets.

When do results come in? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Soundwave said:
Their market cap is about $17 billion ... Nintendo probably could buy out their game division and possibly the movie division too.

Microsoft could buy them for lunch.

most likely no they could not for one, the japanese govt. just had a influx of 51 billion stimulus tax

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-01/abe-proceeds-with-japan-s-first-sales-tax-increase-since-1997.html

and 2nd you do know high debt is also a defense against a hostile take over's esp. agains hedge funds ran by non japanese held companies japan is not like Wallstreet, again the japanese board of Directors flat out told d@n lobe that playstation is not for sale, His hedge fund even owns 7% of Sony, Playstation is not for Sale, or spun off but i bet most of the TV production plants are.

the Playstation part of Sony is a LLC, that means a large hedge fund  ran by D@n Lobe had to ask for it to go public! that means Sony would sell off non "Pillar" parts of the company before they would even entertain spinning off playstation because unlike Playstation TV section is not one of the Pillar's of the company anymore, and im sure Samsung would like nothing more than more physical production plants to make even more TV's.

This just means sell off of more non profit bearing assets are going to be sold. And more lay off, Sony would rather down size than have one of the largest and oldest companies of Japan, and i doubt very much they want it ran by non japanese. in the Past 40 years straight that has always been the dealing's with the japanese market, they would be more inclined to swallow the bitter pill, than have a hostile take over other billionare hedge fund's tried this before and they also failed to attain such. that's why many do not take a go at the japanese market.

The Three Pillar part that Kaz talked about was more than just telling investors what Sony's direct was it was notice to get those sections in order or he and the board would get those sections in order for them.

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/market-manipulation-or-just-business-as-usual/

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Waiting for earnings and where this downgrade is going.
Could be a great buying opportunity.

Naum said:
An still most Sony fans think Nintendo will stop making games before Sony or go 3rd party.

Sooner or later I don't think Playstation will be Sony any more wich might be good if it isn't MS that buy it.

Why not both?

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
Waiting for earnings and where this downgrade is going.
Could be a great buying opportunity.

I bought at around 13.50 or so...

How the fuck it get so bad!? Were they burning money?

So... now Nintendo AND Sony are d0med?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

jlmurph2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jlmurph2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jlmurph2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I think Infamous will take care of all these money problems.

Needz moar frames 

Not enough tflops.

Needz moar GDDR's 

Maybe they'll port it to a more powerful machine and let us play it on the cloud.

Unlimited GDDRs and tflops! 4k and 240 fps confirmed.

All with a $50 price drop = unlimited moneyz

You fools are all wrong, it needs BLAST PROCESSING!

Cheebee said:
So... now Nintendo AND Sony are d0med?

credit ratings lower credit rating> further decrease stock value of company = hedge funds can than buy more stock far cheaper to gain more control of said company

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/market-manipulation-or-just-business-as-usual/

same thing for many years, thats why, never take your company public! you open yourself up for a try @ a hostile take over

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.