By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Rare is ICO?

makingmusic476 said:
Onyxmeth said:
It's rare, but not one of the rarest games for PS2. I've seen it numerous times at Gamestops. I live in America by the way. I'd have to give that title of rarest to Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Rez, Zone of the Enders 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1. King of Fighters 2000/2001 is pretty rare also.

Zone of the Enders is much rarer than Zone of the Enders 2.  Especially new.

OT: I'm still trying to find Ico, preferably new.  

It's always seemed easier to find ZOE than ZOE2, at least in my experience.  Maybe it is just because I have yet to find a copy of 2 at a retail store.  I always figured it was because people bought the original for the MGS2 demo, then sold it.

Around the Network

^My Gamestops have been the complete opposite. I see the 2nd Runner here and there, but never the original.

Also, if you check ebay, you'll see far more copies of ZOE2 than ZOE.

makingmusic476 said:
Onyxmeth said:
It's rare, but not one of the rarest games for PS2. I've seen it numerous times at Gamestops. I live in America by the way. I'd have to give that title of rarest to Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Rez, Zone of the Enders 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1. King of Fighters 2000/2001 is pretty rare also.

Zone of the Enders is much rarer than Zone of the Enders 2. Especially new.

OT: I'm still trying to find Ico, preferably new.

None of the games I mentioned are manufactured anymore. They can only be purchased used. It's what adds to most games rarity, the fact that they can't be bought new anymore, except maybe on eBay, or if a store had some overstock.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I could've sworn that this was repressed

Regardless, non of the games mentioned in this thread are really that rare.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I had a copy for about a week, hated it, sold it.

Around the Network

I love both ICO and SotC

perfer ICO since it has more polish.

On a rare game note, I really like niche games but could not get into Rez. It's one of the few rare games that I sold. I figured it should be in the hands of someone who digs it more.

GooseGaws said:
cor5151 said:
anyone have a copy of cubivor for GC ? ive only ever seen one and i bought it was like 40$ used. really fun game tho

I have Cubivore.  I bought it for full price when it was brand new, though.

That game is weird, but I liked to play it (disconsidering the fact that it was a straight port from N64 development). But I won't pay full price on it... Well, I've never seen one to sell, so I wouldn't pay it even if I wanted :P...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

konnichiwa said:
In 2458 it will be worth one million dollar...Want a bet?

In 2458 the copyright for this title is over, and everyone is allowed to copy it freely.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

cor5151 said:
anyone have a copy of cubivor for GC ? ive only ever seen one and i bought it was like 40$ used. really fun game tho

I have Cubivore; very fun, interesting game. I bought it the week it was released.

Ico is one of the best PS2 games, and one of the best games of last gen to me. SotC is also fun, but since my PS2 crapped out on me I was only able to fell about 13 of the big galoots.

I don't think Ico is that rare a game, but not something very common like GT3, MGS2, etc. If I'm not mistaken, the last time I saw sales data (a few years ago), it had crawled to 500k+ in America. It will probably end being like Super Metroid and Earthbound: not so much a rare game, just highly sought after.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I wish I still had my copy of Ico, I was an idiot a few years ago and sold some of my games....thats one I would love to show off to people.