By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will Be The Biggest Flops of 2014?

Which one will sell the worst

The Divsion 52 6.45%

Watch Dogs 46 5.71%

Titanfall 154 19.11%

Infamous: Second Son 53 6.58%

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 25 3.10%

X 40 4.96%

Bayonetta 2 244 30.27%

Hyrule Warriors 104 12.90%

The Witcher 3 29 3.60%

Other (Post it) 56 6.95%

Total:803
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hyrule Warriors

that gamelooks terrible , why nintendo let them trash zelda ip in a game like that

that's not exactly a new concept... Granted this below is one of the most excellently bad things ever created.

http://youtu.be/9mHw5g55oC4

Around the Network

every 3rd party game on wii u, Bayonetta 2 being the biggest flop U_U

Bayonetta 2.

It will be lucky to top 1 million.

Scizor_99 said:
Fusioncode said:
Bayonetta 2
X (sadly)
Thief
Wii Fit U
Quantum Break (just a hunch)

How is X going to be a flop when we don't even know anything about it yet?

well, jrpgs in general dont sell that well. Besides the user base on the wii u makes the odds even worst.

watch out Watch dogs. I dont see any kind of hype for that game. It looks like a really expensive Project that needs really high sales to be profitable.
Doubt it will do more thatn 6M combined.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Bayonetta 2.

It will be lucky to top 1 million.

1 million would actually be pretty good. Anyway by far surpassing the top flops like W101, Lost Planet 3, Fuse. Or some of the Wii U ports like Injustice or Sniper Elite which I think are yet to cross 100k lol

Edit. Fucking christ! Sniper Elite is at 10k sold actually, talk about a flop it made me laugh to hard, maybe it's the sleep deprivation

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

PS4 will have the most FLOPS, for sure.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

If it weren't for the flop of The Wonderful 101, I would have thought Bayonetta 2 would do decently. However, it seems like there's a good chance that Bayonetta 2 will "flop" regardless of how good it is.

Why people are saying "X" I don't know. Simply saying about its genre and the Wii U's userbase doesn't really explain it because for X to be a "flop" it would have to sell very little. A title like X, I presume, would have expectations to sell around 1m. A flop isn't just a failure, but a big one. Less than 500k is most likely going to be the "flop" area for the game, and there really isn't much to say that X is going to be a flop.

As for Smash Bros for Wii U, I can see why people think it will flop, but I personally think it wont flop. There are a large number of Smash Bros fans who want the Wii U version specifically. If they are indeed the representative group of Smash Bros buyers, the Wii U version may even outsell the 3DS one.

Of course it is all speculation, but I still think it's weird people are constantly saying those three games as the flops.

I can see why people will say Hyrule Warriors, but I think no one is really expecting that game to do amazingly.

edit: I mean I think it's weird that more people are focused on the Wii U than anything for flops.  Expectations for software sales on Wii U aren't that high right now to begin with.

Faust said:
Scizor_99 said:
Fusioncode said:
Bayonetta 2
X (sadly)
Thief
Wii Fit U
Quantum Break (just a hunch)

How is X going to be a flop when we don't even know anything about it yet?

well, jrpgs in general dont sell that well. Besides the user base on the wii u makes the odds even worst.

NIntendo fans have been talking about this game a lot. The emphasis on open-world automatically makes it more interesting for a Western audience than typical JRPGs, and some of the jRPG base is only on Wii U in Japan due to Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter.

Look at Xenoblade Chronicles. It sold 850k. Consider that it's sales might have been hampered by the significant delays in localization and the fact that it was late in the generation when many hardcore gamers (including many JRPG fans) had already abandoned the Wii. 

MDMAlliance said:

Why people are saying "X" I don't know. Simply saying about its genre and the Wii U's userbase doesn't really explain it because for X to be a "flop" it would have to sell very little. A title like X, I presume, would have expectations to sell around 1m. A flop isn't just a failure, but a big one. Less than 500k is most likely going to be the "flop" area for the game, and there really isn't much to say that X is going to be a flop.

To be honest thats my guess. Xenoblade sold 850k without having real competition, and a lot hype behind it