By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will Be The Biggest Flops of 2014?

Which one will sell the worst

The Divsion 52 6.45%

Watch Dogs 46 5.71%

Titanfall 154 19.11%

Infamous: Second Son 53 6.58%

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 25 3.10%

X 40 4.96%

Bayonetta 2 244 30.27%

Hyrule Warriors 104 12.90%

The Witcher 3 29 3.60%

Other (Post it) 56 6.95%

Total:803
reggin_bolas said:
Nintentacle said:
reggin_bolas said:
Considering how bad of a game B2S is, it's a huge surprise and not a commercial flop by any means.

Bayo 2 is the biggest flop of 2014, already calling it. Should make a good case for it going multiplat though, I'm sure Nintendo wants its ROI.

I don't think any company ever would release something they published on a competitors product. 

Huh? If I understand this correctly, Nintendo picked up the publishing rights from SEGA by funding the entire venture. Abysmal sales = slim hope of putting it on other consoles to recover investment. That's what happened to Rayman Legends.

Not at all, they wanted to release Rayman Legends on every console, it was a timed exclusive from the beginning,

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
Corvo said:
reggin_bolas said:
Nintentacle said:
reggin_bolas said:
Considering how bad of a game B2S is, it's a huge surprise and not a commercial flop by any means.

Bayo 2 is the biggest flop of 2014, already calling it. Should make a good case for it going multiplat though, I'm sure Nintendo wants its ROI.

I don't think any company ever would release something they published on a competitors product. 

Huh? If I understand this correctly, Nintendo picked up the publishing rights from SEGA by funding the entire venture. Abysmal sales = slim hope of putting it on other consoles to recover investment. That's what happened to Rayman Legends.

Actually it was first announced that was going to be exclusive for WII U. After some time, ( before the release) they announced that was going to release on ps3,360 and vita too...You have no clue what you are talking about. Also, you have to analyse based on user base. Wii U user base isn't going to be huge as ps4, if bayo 2 do at least 700k+ on a user base like wii U's, then calling a flop is wrong... Also why would they make it multiplat?. They game is going to move hardware, calling it multi would just hurt wii U sales even more...

1. Bayo 2 will NOT move hardware, not anything near significant or talk-worthy.

2. Bayo 2 will certainly not sell 700k plus. Most people think <300k Life. 

3. If Nintendo wants to recover some of their investment I suggest they release a port to my console of choice. I'm not buying the Wii U anytime soon. 

Ok you you made those predictions based on what?. Stop being a blind fanboy/hater, calling bayo2 a non-console mover is just stupid. There are plenty of people that wants to buy a wii U for this game ( not so much, but there are people yes). Also, no one cares if you are/are not buying a wii U, and they are not going to release their IP's to your ps4/xbone, give up about this idea... it is just stupid. Pikmin 3 sold ( for now) 700k, and I bet it will reach 900k LTD, being optimist 1M... Why bayo 2 can't reach that? Bayo 2 has way more hype than Pikmin 3 had...

Most antecipated games: Mario Kart 8 and Warlords of Draenor.

reggin_bolas said:
Corvo said:
reggin_bolas said:
Nintentacle said:
reggin_bolas said:

Actually it was first announced that was going to be exclusive for WII U. After some time, ( before the release) they announced that was going to release on ps3,360 and vita too...You have no clue what you are talking about. Also, you have to analyse based on user base. Wii U user base isn't going to be huge as ps4, if bayo 2 do at least 700k+ on a user base like wii U's, then calling a flop is wrong... Also why would they make it multiplat?. They game is going to move hardware, calling it multi would just hurt wii U sales even more...

1. Bayo 2 will NOT move hardware, not anything near significant or talk-worthy.

It will move enough hardware, but it probably won't be a major system-seller.

2. Bayo 2 will certainly not sell 700k plus. Most people think <300k Life. 

Can go either way

3. If Nintendo wants to recover some of their investment I suggest they release a port to my console of choice. I'm not buying the Wii U anytime soon. 

If you're not planning on getting a Wii U, then you'll just have to miss out on this game. First party developer/publishes are going to put quality games they develop and/or publish on the competition. It would waste all the time and money they used making the hardware.

cablebox said:
random15 said:
mario kart 8

this, going from 34million to 5 million or so will be a big hit

A big hit but not a flop. A flop would be failing to make profit on the game.

Fusioncode said:
Bayonetta 2
X (sadly)
Thief
Wii Fit U
Quantum Break (just a hunch)

How is X going to be a flop when we don't even know anything about it yet?

Around the Network
magoghm said:
PS4: 1.84 Tera Flops
XBox One: 1.31 Tera Flops

I see what you did there. PS4 the biggest flop confirmed!!!

Depends on how many copies most people expect.
I expect 500k for bayo2, if it sell in the range, it will not be a flop.
Same for X, although I really hope X sell well.

reggin_bolas said:

You don't see Sony porting Tearaway to the 3DS or Puppeteer to other systems.

I'm certain Bayonetta 2 won't sell as well as the first but I think it'll push a few thousand systems. I know one guy that I go to university with that is saving up to get a Wii U primarily for Bayo2. The insanity following the exclusivity announcement might have gotten some people interested, too.

Madword said:
NavyNut said:
If were talking about game quality I think Hyrule Warriors will be a flop in reviews and probably the witcher 3. I just don't think those games looks great in my opinion.

Witcher 3 is going to sell 2-4 million copies no problem. It's good fan base which is growing due to what GOG do, so I expect it to do well... just dont see it doing badly.

Actually I'll take that back, Witcher 3 looks great, I was thinking about another game hehe.