By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will Be The Biggest Flops of 2014?

Which one will sell the worst

The Divsion 52 6.45%

Watch Dogs 46 5.71%

Titanfall 154 19.11%

Infamous: Second Son 53 6.58%

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 25 3.10%

X 40 4.96%

Bayonetta 2 244 30.27%

Hyrule Warriors 104 12.90%

The Witcher 3 29 3.60%

Other (Post it) 56 6.95%

Total:803

Who voted for witcher 3??? LMAO that game will sell close to 2 million on PC alone, and will be amazing.

Around the Network

Titanfall i hope

pezus said:

Bayonetta 2 is the big one

How was Beyond a flop? It has already sold a million.

And CoD???

Beyond and Call of Duty sold below expected numbers, especially Call of Duty.

Nintentacle said:
pezus said:

And CoD???

Who decided the expected numbers for Beyond ? New IP selling 1M is everything but a flop

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Nintentacle said:
pezus said:

And CoD???

?? Still full priced new IP already over 1 million, everything but a flop.

Around the Network

Considering how bad of a game B2S is, it's a huge surprise and not a commercial flop by any means.

Bayo 2 is the biggest flop of 2014, already calling it. Should make a good case for it going multiplat though, I'm sure Nintendo wants its ROI.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hyrule Warriors

that gamelooks terrible , why nintendo let them trash zelda ip in a game like that

Meh. Doesn't look terrible, just not amazing either. Plus, It's bound to make some money if you put Link in it. For trashing Zelda, no one is forcing you to buy it. Plus, It's a spinoff, so this isn't the new formula Aonuma's been talking about.

The Elder Scrolls Online is setting up to be a pretty nice flop.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

In sheer sales; Bayonetta 2, no question.

Compared to overall hype and expectation; also Bayonetta 2, people have somehow gotten it into their heads that this is an important franchise and that it could be a big thing. It won't be, if the first one barely struggled past one million on the PS3, I'll be shocked if it moves as much as 300k on the Wii U. X has a higher chance of causing some ripples, seeing some talk about 1.5-2 million for each is ludicrous though.

The Division looks interesting but I don't think it'll sell awfully well. More than Bayo 2 though, for sure.

reggin_bolas said:
Considering how bad of a game B2S is, it's a huge surprise and not a commercial flop by any means.

Bayo 2 is the biggest flop of 2014, already calling it. Should make a good case for it going multiplat though, I'm sure Nintendo wants its ROI.

I don't think any company ever would release something they published on a competitors product.