By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will Be The Biggest Flops of 2014?

Which one will sell the worst

The Divsion 52 6.45%

Watch Dogs 46 5.71%

Titanfall 154 19.11%

Infamous: Second Son 53 6.58%

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 25 3.10%

X 40 4.96%

Bayonetta 2 244 30.27%

Hyrule Warriors 104 12.90%

The Witcher 3 29 3.60%

Other (Post it) 56 6.95%

Total:803
Pillow said:
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Vita exclusive), what were Atlus thinking?

I think it'll be very successful in Japan. Everyhere else, not so much...

Around the Network

Though it pains me to say it, Bayonetta 2 will be another swing and a miss for the franchise. This will happen regardless of how good it is--I expect it to be amazing, in fact.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Call of Duty... I hope.

MS knows their sh*t when it comes to marketing/selling games like Titanfall ... that game will be fine.

Bayo 2 is gonna bomb hard on the Wii U.

don't really know. it's still to early to tell.

Around the Network
Naum said:
Every single lame a$$ low budget 3rd party game released or ported with much higher price on the Wii U

Don't worry. They've learned the error of their ways and just aren't bothering with Wii U at all now.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Halo 5

Thief

The new cod

If X is coming this year, that's my choice.

foodfather said:
Most Likely: Bayonetta 2 and The Crew
Regrettably: Fable Legends and Sunset Overdrive
Hopefully: Next COD game.

Might be the first time ever I agreed with your post.

Ponyless said:
NintendoPie said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Yep, in a worst case they usually do by the time they go to f2p, unless it's just a bad game like All points bulletin. You dont need huge numbers when people pay 15 a month.

Publishers would not keep making them if they were financial disasters.

Okay, thanks for the information. I definitely had some sticker shock.

He's wrong about that, the largest budget on an MMO was The Old Republic at nearly $200million. And ESO has already went past that. Most small  MMOs are at max 3 million, medium size ones like Guild Wars 2 are 30-50 million. Huge Triple A ones like ff14, old republic, and ESO are minimum 80+ million. So even for huge MMOs, that's not a normal budget.

As for making money back? Recently no, Old Republic has not made EA a single penny and they were forced to go f2p to try to make money,FF14 probably hasn't made Square money due to the fact that they were forced to relaunch the game because of how terible the original went. Really, only MMO with a huge initial budget that i think actually made money was World of Warcraft.

Umm links??? You saying it doesn't make it so. Also Old republic budget was 300 mill was it not?? 100-200 million is normal for mmo's