By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) Thread- New footage from Nintendo Direct, Western Release Confirmed Early 2015

Tagged games:

ryuzaki57 said:
Mnementh said:
orniletter said:

I can´t wait for Ryuzaki´s butthurt comments about Capcom selling out, backstabbing and betrayal of the platform´s fanbase that made the franchise successful (...no...it wasn´t the other way around !!!!111!1!one! ) .

Ryuzaki wanted to tell me, that MH4 will never hit western shores (not profitable enough for Capcom to setup servers). Turns out he was right, MH4 is skipping the west, we will directly get to MH4U.

Sorry guys I'm late to the party (I was at the hospital for a minor surgery)

OT I admit I'll have to eat crow on this one. Grats to you guys.

BUT it doesn't change the the fact that Capcom is mocking Playsation players, and I already ragetweeted Capcom France on the subject.

I hope everything is fine regarding your health.

In a way you were right. MH4 doesn't come, it's MH4U. Later than I expected, and I did never expect that Capcom is so fast with releasing the Ultimate (or G) version. I feel bad for the japanese customers that showed so incredible support for the game. I think some side-game first and 2015 the G-version would have been better. Still we not now anything about a home-console version. After playing MH3U both on WiiU and 3DS I clearly prefer the game on home console.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

For you Sony gamers who want to play this game, are there not any other 3DS games you are interested in that make a - say 2DS or used 3DS - worth the purchase so that you can play MH4? As far as consoles go, they are very cheap, especially during sale events (Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc.) I mean, if they ported MH4 to the Vita, it wouldn't be much of a different game from the 3DS version, so the only thing that would keep you from playing is that you have no reason to get a 3DS.

Never played this game, but I feel like its scale deserves an HD release

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

PureDante said:

Never played this game, but I feel like its scale deserves an HD release

Yeah I also think its much better on a large screen in HD so heres hoping it gets a WiiU port. 

One Of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate’s New Monsters Teased

By Spencer . February 13, 2014 . 3:33pm

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is still some ways away, but it made an appearance in Japan’s Nintendo Direct. A footprint teasing a monster reveal was shown to watchers. Nintendo also announced a limited edition Gold Rajang 3DS XL which will be available on March 27.

Monster Hunter 4 players will be able to import their save data into Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate when it comes out later this year in Japan. Capcom announced plans to release Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in the West in 2015.

Read more stories about Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/13/one-monster-hunter-4-ultimates-new-monsters-teased/#9E0OembrEYfbbAdl.99

Around the Network

Japan only for now??

Oh and sorry for the terribley messy OP guys. Will fix it when I some time

owwwww
that 3DS looks really nice!!!! i dont like MH but i might get MH4U since it looks much better than MH3U

Capcom’s Monster Hunter series turns 10 today and has outshined many of its other franchises in terms of behemoth sales, particularly in Japan. So in celebration of the series’ anniversary, Eurogamer has interviewed the creator and producer, Ryozo Tsujimoto. He speaks of the franchise’s success with its core emphasis on local multiplayer and on producing Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS, scheduled for 2015 in the west, which features online multiplayer mode.

“[Monster Hunter is a game] where, even if you’re a newbie, you can play along with expert players and they can support you in playing along with them, and you don’t feel like you’re just useless or left behind. They can help you get involved in the game and then help you brush up your skills. It’s that kind of communal play aspect that I think has been key to its popularity in Japan.

“Monster Hunter 4 has got online play for the first time in a portable entry in the series. That’s going to mean we’ve got a whole new stage we can bring the community to. We have our community members now who love to meet up and play the game on local wireless. We hope they can be ambassadors for the title, so when we get more people into the next one and they want to play online, they’ve got a whole gang of people waiting there who know the game inside out. So, the online functionality will be a big step in the west in growing our community size even larger than it is today.”

Tsujimoto also touched upon why Monster Hunter has continued on Nintendo platforms, saying that resources are a big part of that and, with a small team, would not want to spread themselves too thinly, in order to “do the best” they can on the specified platform. But regards to a Wii U version for Monster Hunter 4, the producer was rather coy, saying the following:

“At the moment we’re focused on 3DS, purely because with the previous title, the 3DS version couldn’t go online on their own. There was a system to bring them online in conjunction with the Wii U console, but they were only local wireless play by themselves.”

The 3ds version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate sold pretty well in the West. Specially due to two sales Capcom did last year, it was very cheap.
I believe MH4 will sell well enough too.