By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) Thread- New footage from Nintendo Direct, Western Release Confirmed Early 2015

Tagged games:

aw man Ultimate should be the WiiU version :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I'm kind of surprised at how much negativity is in this thread. People thought this game would never come, and when it's announced for the west, people are complaining that Capcom is milking a lot more than enjoying the fact that they are indeed bringing it over.

I'm excited that it is coming to the West, and that it is coming with the extra content. *ignores the dissapointment found in this thread.*

Isn't Capcom in somewhat of a fire situation financially???
Why wouldn't they do what they know will work???
It's not as if they haven't released a soured up version of a previously released Monster Hunter before...

Have a nice day...

Conegamer said:
Well that was fast. Hopefully this version will also hit the U and will be the one to come to the West.

I wonder when people will Starr asking for a Vita version. I'd be surprised if it doesnt hit it though

Considering it didn't take too long for them to want a MH in general, it should be quick.

I don't get why Capcom just don't bring over MH4 and quickly. Seriously?!

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
I'm kind of surprised at how much negativity is in this thread. People thought this game would never come, and when it's announced for the west, people are complaining that Capcom is milking a lot more than enjoying the fact that they are indeed bringing it over.

I think this thread was made before Capcom announced the game was gonna be released in the west. It was updated later.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Rhonin the wizard said:

Monster Hunter was released on the PS2, Monster Hunter G was an expansion for it. Monster Hunter Freedom (called Monster Hunter Portable in Japan) was released on PSP, it was based on Monster Hunter G. G was also later released on the Wii.

Monster Hunter 2 was released on the PS2. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (Monster Hunter Portable 2nd in Japan) for PSP was based on it. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G), also for the PSP, was an expansion of Freedom 2.

Monster Hunter Tri was released on Wii. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd was released on PSP and later PS3, it was completely new. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was released on 3DS and Wii U.

Monster Hunter 4 was released on 3DS, and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate was just announced.

Fair enough, looks like I was wrong then.  Thanks for the explanation!

osed125 said:
MDMAlliance said:

I think this thread was made before Capcom announced the game was gonna be released in the west. It was updated later.

How long ago was it updated?  I only recently saw this thread.

Yes! Thanks Capcom! I can wait another year. :P

Can we stop talking about the Vita in this thread? It's pretty off topic. I know you guys want MH on Vita, but when this stuff happens it feels like the thread has been hijacked and turned into yet another Vita vs 3DS/Wii U thread when really we should all just be looking forward to 4 Ultimate.

Anyway, porting 4 to Vita would require making an actual effort, something Capcom doesn't seem too keen on. They can focus entirely on creating new content for 4G since they already have at least half the game up and running on 3DS. No new assets to make or anything. Plus the feature of carrying over your save file wouldn't work if it was from 3DS to Vita. I guess they could set up some kind of cloud storage save file transfer thingamajig, but again, that sounds like it would require actual effort on Capcom's part.

Maybe MH5 will be cross-platform PS4/Vita. That doesn't seem out of the question.

2015? o_O