By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561
Mystro-Sama said:

Sigh. So many scumbags in the gaming industry. But you can only pick one and I know a lot of people will pick EA because a lot of good reasons but the one that hurts me the most is Capcom. Why you ask? Well lets see:

1. They milk the living shit out of Street Fighter. I mean there are 5 or 6 versions of Street Fighter IV. The same exact game repackaged and sold over and over again. And thats just street fighter IV.

2. They cancelled Megaman Legends which ALOT of people were looking forward and even petitioned to bring it back and of course they were ignored. Than have the audacity to blame it on the fans.

3. They cancelled Marvick Hunter, another Megaman game that looked absolutely fantasic. Which was suppose to Wii U exclusive and was suppose to be a FPS take on Megaman similar to the Metroid prime games.

4. Repackaging Marvel v Capcom 3 into "UIltimate" Marvel v Capcom for full price a couple months later with a few added characters and completely seperate online from the original.

5. On Disc DLC. They basically just chopped out a part of the game, locked it onto the disc and charged you unlock it in Resident Evil 6.

7. Watering down games to appeal to the majority instead of staying true to what they are (Yes you resident evil).

8. Dmc: The Devil May Cry. I'll ignore the redundant title but what the fuuuuuuck was that!?

9. They supported SOPA.

So is there anyone worse than Capcom out there? And if so, why?

EA! easons too numerous to list!

Mainly the fact that they pretty much package the same shit every year and release it as new

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

despising publishers, developers or console manufacturers ? some of you guys are too emotionally invested in this

Or just sad no longer to be able to play new quality games from creative studios behind eg. Dungeon Keeper, Dune 2000, Wing Commander, Battlefront, Burnout, etc.

And sad to see kids throw all their money at this:

Sims 3 Expansion packs[edit]

The Sims 3 expansion packs provide additional game features and items:

Name

Release date

Includes

Life State

New Careers

World Adventures
  • NA November 17, 2009
  • EU November 19, 2009
Additions: New traits, items, clothing.

Features: quests, tomb exploration at three new destinations, photography, new build functions including the basement tool, nectar, fireworks, shops, vacation homes.

New vacation worlds: Champs Les Sims (France), Al Simhara (Egypt), Shang Simla (China)

Mummy None
Ambitions
  • NA June 1, 2010
  • EU June 3, 2010
Additions: New careers, skills, traits, and items.

Features: control within work (professions and selected careers), laundry, tattoo system, skill-based self-employment.

New world: Twinbrook

Simbot (Robot) Architectural Designer · Education · Firefighter · Ghost Hunter · Medical · Investigator · Stylist · Self-Employed
Late Night
  • NA October 26, 2010
  • EU October 28, 2010
Additions: New careers, skills, traits, clothes and accessories, furniture, and cars.

Features: bars, night clubs, penthouse suites, hot tubs, subway portholes, elevators, breast and muscle definition sliders, Group, Band, Butler, zodiac signs, new swimming pool design tools, height adjustment for wall objects, fountain tool.

New world: Bridgeport

Vampire Film · Band Member
Generations
  • NA May 31, 2011
  • EU June 2, 2011
Additions: New playground equipment, mid-life crisis, new interactions, new traits, and new profession.

Features: Pranks, body hair for males, new types of celebrations (i.e. birthday/teen/bachelor parties, weddings, slumber), memories, graduation ceremonies, prom, imaginative play, potions, spiral staircases, water slides, boarding schools, pillow fights, strollers, canes for elders.

Imaginary Friend Daycare
Pets
  • NA October 18, 2011
  • EU October 20, 2011
Two editions: Regular and "Limited Edition"

Additions: New pets, new animal and sim traits, Create-A-Pet, new lifetime wishes and rewards, new interactions, new items, new venues and community locations, new pet and sim skills.

Features: Controllable animals (cats, dogs, horses) and non-playable creatures (see NPC section), pet contests.

New world: Appaloosa Plains

Unicorn Equestrian
Showtime
  • NA March 6, 2012
  • EU March 8, 2012
Three editions: Regular, "Limited Edition" and "Katy Perry Collector's Edition."

Additions: New stage performance careers (singer, acrobat, magician), new objects (pool table, golfing), new sim traits/lifetime wishes; Katy Perry only: downloadable stage venue, fruit-themed clothing, items, and stage props.

Features: Social features, stage decoration, singing, gigs, new 'Achievement System', Simport which allows importing and exporting of celebrity Sims.

New world: Starlight Shores

Genie Singer · Acrobat · Magician
Supernatural
  • NASeptember 4, 2012
  • EUSeptember 6, 2012
Three editions: Regular, "Limited Edition" and "Origin Decor Edition"

Additions: New items (alchemy station, rocking chair), new clothing options including wings, new traits.

Features: Supernatural life states including witches, werewolves, fairies, vampires, and zombies; creation of supernatural Sims directly in Create-A-Sim.

New world: Moonlight Falls

Witch · Werewolf · Zombie · Fairy Fortune Teller
Seasons
  • NA November 13, 2012
  • EU November 15, 2012

Additions: New skills (soccer/snowboard), new traits, seasonal celebrations.

Features: Weather, seasons, new outerwear clothing category.

Alien Test Subject (Aliens Only)
University Life
  • NA March 5, 2013
  • EU March 7, 2013

Additions: New skills (Bowling, Science, Photography, Social Networking & Street Arts), new traits, social groups, college sub-neighborhood, a smart phone, and a new university world you enter when you enroll.

New university world: Sims University

PlantSim Art Appraiser · Sports Agent · Video Game Developer
Island Paradise[32]
  • NA June 25, 2013
  • EU June 27, 2013

Additions & Features: Houseboats, resort management, island discovery, new modes of transportation on water (e.g. boating, water skiing, windsurfing).

New world: Isla Paradiso

Mermaid Lifeguard · Resort Manager · Scuba Diver
Into the Future[32][33]
  • NA October 22, 2013
  • EU October 24, 2013
Traveling to the future

New world: Oasis Landing

Plumbot (Robot) Plumbot Dealer · Astronomer · Plumbot Trainer

Stuff packs[edit]

Stuff Packs only include new items e.g. furniture, clothing, hairstyles. They do not add any new functionality to the game. Stuff Packs are compatible with both Windows and OS X as with the main game and expansion packs.

Name

Release date

Includes

High-End Loft Stuff
  • NA February 2, 2010
  • EU February 4, 2010
High-end furnishings, mainly technology such as televisions, video game consoles, and computers, as well as postmodern designs of bookshelves, tables, and chairs. Three items from The Sims and The Sims 2 were reintroduced to celebrate The Sims 10th Anniversary. Alternatively titled "Design and High-Tech Stuff".
Fast Lane Stuff
  • NA September 7, 2010
  • EU September 9, 2010
Four all‐new styles of fashions, furnishings, and vehicles: Racing, Intrigue, Rockabilly, and Classic Luxury.
Outdoor Living Stuff
  • NA February 1, 2011
  • EU February 3, 2011
Clothing, furnishings, and items centered around patio activities in two new styles: “Garden Terrace” features elegant wrought-iron pieces, while “Sunset on the Veranda” embraces the warmth of outdoors.
Town Life Stuff
  • NA July 26, 2011
  • EU July 28, 2011
New casual outfits, hairstyles, and items. Features newly redesigned venues such as a school, cafe, and grocery store; as well as new community lots including a gym, park, laundromat, and library.
Master Suite Stuff
  • NA January 24, 2012
  • EU January 26, 2012
Luxurious bedroom and bathroom décor centered around romance and relaxation. New contemporary furnishings and intimate apparel themed for creating romantic master suites.
Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
  • NA June 5, 2012
  • EU June 7, 2012
New candy-themed décor, items, outfits, hairstyles, and community lots. Features a simlish version of Katy Perry's song "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)".
Diesel Stuff
  • NA July 10, 2012
  • EU July 12, 2012
New clothing and décor from Diesel.
70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff
  • NA January 22, 2013
  • EU January 24, 2013
Outfits, hairstyles and items modeled on that of the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
Movie Stuff
  • NA September 10, 2013
  • EU September 12, 2013

Clothing and décor inspired from iconic movie themes and settings.

Editions[edit]

NameRelease dateIncludes
The Sims 3[34]
  • NA June 2, 2009
  • EU June 4, 2009
Core game on DVD
The Sims 3 Collector's Edition[35]
  • NA June 2, 2009
  • EU June 4, 2009
Core game on DVD, a Sims 3 plumbob-styled 2GB USB flash drive and exclusive download of in-game European styled sports car
The Sims 3 Holiday Collector's Edition
  • EU December 3, 2009
Core game on DVD, The Sims 3 Christmas theme song, 6 Christmas-themed in-game items, Sims 3 Christmas-themed wallpaper and exclusive download of in-game European styled sports car
The Sims 3 Commemorative Edition
  • EU June 4, 2010
Core game on DVD, 48-page hardback book, wall poster, sketch book of artwork and access to additional in-game items
The Sims 3 Deluxe[36]
  • NA September 28, 2010
Core game, The Sims 3: Ambitions
The Sims 3 Plus Pets[37]
  • NA October 18, 2011
  • EU October 20, 2011
Core game, The Sims 3: Pets
The Sims 3 Plus Showtime
  • NA March 6, 2012
  • EU March 8, 2012
Core game, The Sims 3: Showtime
The Sims 3 Plus Supernatural
  • NA September 4, 2012
  • EU September 6, 2012
Core game, The Sims 3: Supernatural
The Sims 3 Plus Seasons
  • NA November 13, 2012
  • EU November 15, 2012
Core game, The Sims 3: Seasons
The Sims 3 Plus University Life
  • NA March 5, 2013
  • EU March 7, 2013
Core game, The Sims 3: University Life
The Sims 3 Starter Pack[38][39]
  • NA May 14, 2013
  • EU May 16, 2013
Core game, The Sims 3: Late NightThe Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff, additional downloadable content.
The Sims 3 Plus Late Night[40]
  • NA May 14, 2013
Core game, The Sims 3: Late Night, 1000 free SimPoints
The Sims 3 Plus Generations[41]
  • NA May 14, 2013
Core game, The Sims 3: Generations, 1000 free SimPoints
The Sims 3 Plus Island Paradise
  • NA June 25, 2013
  • EU June 27, 2013
Core game, The Sims 3: Island Paradise
The Sims 3 Plus Into The Future
  • NA October 22, 2013
  • EU October 24, 2013
Core game, The Sims 3: Into the Future

I wouldn't say I despise any publisher, but from the ones I dislike the most, you pretty much nailed it. Recently I would say Capcom, but EA has been outdoing themselves last year, with all the fiascos and shitty decisions, so yeah they are in front now.
Activision made their share of stupid things, and I don't like their philosophy towards games and franchises, but I wouldn't put them in the same league as Capcom and EA.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I should probably say EA because they buy my favourite studios and gut them (Bullfrog; Westwood; Pandemic; Maxis; Criterion) and run my favourite franchises into the ground or cancel them outright (SimCity; Command & Conquer; Populous; Burnout).

But... they still do some stuff that I enjoy. SSX & Skate were both great franchises. I've enjoyed most of the Need for Speed games I've played. The Sims, although milked, is still a lot of fun. They've released a lot of their old back catalogue on either PSN or GoG so at least I can still play them.

I don't really like Bethesda. The only games they've ever made that have appealed to me was when they acquired the Star Wars licence and just shit out a tonne of stuff, most of which was complete rubbish. Their actual core titles are about as far removed from "enjoyable" games for me as it's possible to be; and they're always filled to the brim with bugs.

I also think Capcom have become a shell of their former selves and mostly a pretty poor company. But I could say the same about Square Enix, so I don't really think they're the "worst".

All in all - I don't know.

EA.

Right behind them , Capcom ('Crapcom is far more accurate) and SquareEnix.

Around the Network

Shouldn't EA and Activision been universally hated??? How has Capcom being so higher voted?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I would have to say Capcom with all the shit they are doing. But... deep down in the corners of my hollow heart. I still have a tiny space reserved for Capcom.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

EA hate them so much, least gamer friendly company around. They would if the could steal your granny and sell her as dlc or an add on.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

EA.
Absolute scum of the industry.

I dont get the hate Capcom gets.

They make good games. Yeah they rush a new version sometimes, leave some half finished DLC on the disc, but they are nowhere near as bad as EA. They dont nickle and dime you without offering you value and they dont mess up your online launch or cave to QQ by killing off your favorite games or closing down your favorite developers they previously bought.

I hate EA with a passion and i hope one day i can rejoice when they go out of business.