By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561

I voted EA. But then I remembered all the shit Capcom pulled in recent years... Poor Mr. Mikami had to commit suicide because of them.

Still, EA has been going at it longer than Capcom so I'd say Capcom is now a very close second. Perhaps they can surpass EA in a few years time.

Go Capcom, you can do it!

Around the Network

Hands down EA .

Nothing comes even close .

Ubisoft is honestly the best of the "evil AAA publishers"...they aren´t particularly great, but they publish some fine games along the way (in contrast to say EA and Activision, barely working junk of Software)

Edit: And Capcom, for all their shitty DLC practices and what have you are capable of developing great handheld games (Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, RE: Revelations etc)

....im almost inclined to add Square Enix to the top three of shitty publishers

Muffin31190 said:
kumagawa said:
Muffin31190 said:
OdinHades said:
Übisöft, because they make shitty games imo.

This thread is about Publishers, not developers ...

Ubisoft are a publisher they are Europe's largest.

Ok, but what I am saying is that people who usually "make" games are Developers, not Publishers.

Wouldn't that exlude your own choice as well? Nintendo develops like 80% of the games they publish.

OT: Definitely EA. Just a very shady business in general.

EA, only recently though. R.I.P Criterion.

I know Capcom does a "good" job too but no publisher beats EA's ability to impoverish former quality franchises:

Medal of Honor (1999) - 92 meta
MoH Underground (2000) - 86
MoH Frontline (2002) - 88
MoH Rising Sun (2003) - 68
MoH Pacific Assault (2004) - 80
MoH European Assault (2005) - 73
MoH Vanguard (2007) - 63
MoH Airborne (2007) - 75
Medal of Honor (2010) - 75
MoH Warfighter (2012) - 55

Need for Speed (1994) - 95
NFS 2 (1997) - 71
NFS 3 Hot Pursuit (1998) - 88
NFS High Stakes (1999) - 86
NFS Porsche Unleashed (2000) - 84
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (2002) - 89
NFS Underground (2003)- 85
NFS Underground 2 (2004) - 82
NFS Most Wanted (2005) - 82
NFS Carbon (2006) - 75
NFS ProStreet (2007) - 73
NFS Undercover (2008) - 65
NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) - 89 (from now closed Criterion Games)
NFS The Run (2011) - 64
NFS Most Wanted (2012) - 84 (from now closed Criterion Games)
NFS Rivals (2013) - 76

Around the Network
vivster said:
EA. I have nothing against them other than that they didn't release Mirror's Edge 2 and instead pushed that bopring as fuck BF. That's pretty much the biggest crime any publisher can commit.

Ah, but they're finally rectifying that mistake this gen.

Trunkin said:
vivster said:
EA. I have nothing against them other than that they didn't release Mirror's Edge 2 and instead pushed that bopring as fuck BF. That's pretty much the biggest crime any publisher can commit.

Ah, but they're finally rectifying that mistake this gen.

Seeing how they are already pushing it back to fix their BF I'm not that hopeful. ME2 could be EAs The Last Guardian.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't despise a publisher.
I do prefer publishers over other publisher

despising publishers, developers or console manufacturers ? some of you guys are too emotionally invested in this

orniletter said:

Hands down EA .

Nothing comes even close .

Ubisoft is honestly the best of the "evil AAA publishers"...they aren´t particularly great, but they publish some fine games along the way (in contrast to say EA and Activision, barely working junk of Software)

Edit: And Capcom, for all their shitty DLC practices and what have you are capable of developing great handheld games (Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, RE: Revelations etc)

....im almost inclined to add Square Enix to the top three of shitty publishers

Besides shitty DLC practices I actually think Capcom, Sega and Square Enix did ok in the 7th generation?? Some people seem to have no positive to say about these 3. Is it due to their neglect of Mega Man, Sonic and Final Fantasy respectively?