By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561

EA. I have nothing against them other than that they didn't release Mirror's Edge 2 and instead pushed that bopring as fuck BF. That's pretty much the biggest crime any publisher can commit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
OdinHades said:
Übisöft, because they make shitty games imo.

Really? o.o They made a lot of awesome games and aren't really corrupt like EA and Capcom.

What games didn't you like?

Virtually every single one of them. Assassin's Creed really turned me off because it was too damn easy. The game thinks that the player is a moron who can't do anything by himself. I don't like that. Also Far Cry, went to shit with part 2 and 3. I mean, they tried to do a nice open world shooter, but they just copied stuff from countless other games so it lacks its own identity. That was really boring to me. If I hadn't get Far Cry 3 free with Plus, I probably wouldn't have bothered playing it at all. I heard Rayman is good, but that's not my type of game, so I never played it. What more is there? Yearly iterations of Just Dance? Nah, thanks. Anyone remember Haze? 

Of course it's a personal thing, but that's what the question in the OP is all about, isn't it? Ubisoft also tried to screw PC Players with shitty DRM all the time, I didn't forget that like so many other folks. Oh, and about that developer vs. publisher thingy. Ubisoft is a publisher, I don't like their games, end of story. If there is a publisher who does brilliant politics for the players but lacks good games, I won't start to like that publisher all of a sudden. Good games are the bare minimum for me to sympathize with a company. Everything else is just a bonus. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

EA for acquiring and killing quality developers:

Bullfrog Productions
Westwood Studios
Origin Systems
Pandemic
Criterion (80% laid off)
Bioware (isn't the quality developer they were before the acquisition)

I don't like their mentality: http://www.destructoid.com/ea-wants-dead-space-3-to-appeal-to-a-broad-audience-229567.phtml

They lie: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/150598-drm-deceit-simcity-doesnt-need-to-be-always-online-says-maxis-developer

Additionally I just think the yearly Need for Speed, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, FIFA, Madden, NCAA Football, NHL, NBA Live, PGA Tour and Sims 1-4's far too many expansions are lazy ass ripoffs..

EA is the worst for me, no company does as much anti-consumer blunders as they do.
Release broken games, milk the shit out of games and DLC that sometimes even block u from playing with friends who dont have it, they get rid of good series and companies if they aren't popular enough and avoid doing new IPs.
I do give them credit for getting rid of seasonal passes.

I also hate:

Activision I dislike cause they are similar to EA, but they have no game series I've ever wanted to play so I just dont care what they do. :P

Capcom are completely clueless what people want and do things nobody asked for and they love their release Disc-DLCs.

hate Sega for the Total War early broken release crap and simplification of one of my favorite series overall.

Ubisoft for their DRM schemes, dont want no spyware eating up resources and sending stuff forward.

Thank god for new Indie studios getting better and creating amazing new games with new innovations from kickstarters and such.

Mike_L said:

Bullfrog Productions
Westwood Studios
Origin Systems
Pandemic
Criterion (80% laid off)

I don't like their mentality: http://www.destructoid.com/ea-wants-dead-space-3-to-appeal-to-a-broad-audience-229567.phtml

A single tear has been shed, such a fantastic studio ...

Around the Network
Muffin31190 said:
kumagawa said:
Muffin31190 said:
OdinHades said:

This thread is about Publishers, not developers ...

Ubisoft are a publisher they are Europe's largest.

Ok, but what I am saying is that people who usually "make" games are Developers, not Publishers.

Ubisoft, EA, Take-Two and Activision Blizzard all develop and publish more of there own games than they publish games from independant developers.

Activision - shocking game line up.

kumagawa said:
Muffin31190 said:
kumagawa said:
Muffin31190 said:
OdinHades said:

This thread is about Publishers, not developers ...

Ubisoft are a publisher they are Europe's largest.

Ok, but what I am saying is that people who usually "make" games are Developers, not Publishers.

Ubisoft, EA, Take-Two and Activision Blizzard all develop and publish more of there own games than they publish games from independant developers.

Ok i see what you are saying but there are studios under the publisher's such as Ubisoft Montreal is under Ubisoft, or EA games /sports is under EA.
So what I am saying Ubisoft Montreal = Developer and Ubisoft = Publisher.
All I am saying is that the correct thing you should have said is "Ubisoft, because they Publish shitty games".
But whateves how ever you feel I still get what you mean about Ubisoft.

Muffin31190 said:
Mike_L said:

Bullfrog Productions
Westwood Studios
Origin Systems
Pandemic
Criterion (80% laid off)

A single tear has been shed, such a fantastic studio ...

Agree. EA acquired Pandemic in 2008 and closed them down in 2009 :-S

You don't just simply kill the studio behind SW Battlefront 1+2, Mercenaries, The Saboteur, Full Spectrum Warrior, etc.

Capcom, Platinum Games. Can't choose between those two.