By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The publisher you despise the most.

Tagged games:

Who is the worst?

Capcom 206 36.65%

EA 288 51.25%

Activision 57 10.14%

Rare 10 1.78%

Total:561
DevilRising said:
Muffin31190 said:
KK cuz I Honestly dislike Nintendo the most (but EA will always be the worst :P), Nintendo just gets on my nerve with the fact that they never Push forward with a grand new AAA IP and it is really showing as of late.
I mean it just shows when you look at the line-ups of the Xbox and PS4 where at least half of the 1st party games that are coming to there consoles are new IP's (and it has shown with the last two Generation's). Also it is not so much that they don't come up with new IP's, it is that they don't get behind them as you can see with Wonderful 101, and they always just bank on an established franchise, I mean just Imagine if they put the same team that made Super Mario 3D world and also the time and effort into new IP's Nintendo would be on top and capture everyone's imagination.
I just don't want another Mario or Zelda from Nintendo, I want something that will surprise me with how New and fresh it is, but it doesn't seem like that will happen except for X (which looks awesome).

There had to be someone to give the obligatory "complain about Nintendo because reasons" post. Congrats on it being you.

@Thread

EA and Activision take the cake, equally, with Ubisoft not very far behind them these days. They are absolutely what is wrong with the gaming business today, and gamers who eat up their every release are contributing to it's decline by supporting annual release garbage instead of developers who actually put time and thought into their games, instead of just going for as much money as possible.

I don't remember Ubisoft doing shady shit, at least not recently.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
Muffin31190 said:
KK cuz I Honestly dislike Nintendo the most (but EA will always be the worst :P), Nintendo just gets on my nerve with the fact that they never Push forward with a grand new AAA IP and it is really showing as of late.
I mean it just shows when you look at the line-ups of the Xbox and PS4 where at least half of the 1st party games that are coming to there consoles are new IP's (and it has shown with the last two Generation's). Also it is not so much that they don't come up with new IP's, it is that they don't get behind them as you can see with Wonderful 101, and they always just bank on an established franchise, I mean just Imagine if they put the same team that made Super Mario 3D world and also the time and effort into new IP's Nintendo would be on top and capture everyone's imagination.
I just don't want another Mario or Zelda from Nintendo, I want something that will surprise me with how New and fresh it is, but it doesn't seem like that will happen except for X (which looks awesome).

There had to be someone to give the obligatory "complain about Nintendo because reasons" post. Congrats on it being you.

Does this Upset you? 
Because if it does I apologize, but I rarely make complaint's about nintendo, I don't even contribute to the oh so prevelant Doom threads.
And if you have anything to state about what I said please do, because this is not just a "complain about nintendo because reasons" post, this actually has to do with the thread.

Mystro-Sama said:

I don't remember Ubisoft doing shady shit, at least not recently.

They Have a Lot of DRM, like almost on the same level of EA, and also they keep on banking on the same franchises with year after year release such as Assassins Creed and Rayman with some other I think.

EA always has a top spot for killing Westwood AND Bullfrog.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@Muffin
Of course it doesn't "upset" me. Your opinion is your opinion. But I do find it odd that out of all the shitty companies that exist today, you would pick NIntendo as your personal least liked. That's all.

@Mystro-Sama

Ubisoft has very steadily climbed towards being the same exact type of company that EA and Activision are. Which in itself is funny and sad, because neither of those publishers once upon a time were bad companies at all either. But Ubisoft is just as bad, almost only ever investing these days in big franchises that they can crap out a new edition of once per year, be it Just Dance, or Assassin's Creed, or whatever. Watch_Dogs certainly looks interesting, but I can already tell they are planning ahead, hoping to make it a franchise they can milk as well.

Not to mention the way they sabotaged Rayman Legends, and the fact that they're likely never going to put out Beyond Good & Evil 2. I just don't like where they're going as a company. They used to make far more creative games, much like EA and Activision also once did. Much like companies like Square and Capcom and Konami also all once did. As a long-time gamer who started in the Atari 2600 era, it's honestly just really depressing to see what has become not only of the industry, but of many of these companies that used to be paragons of fun and quality. I certainly won't say Ubisoft makes "bad" games. But is the "heart" missing from most of their modern day releases? Yes...I do think so.

Around the Network
Muffin31190 said:
OdinHades said:
Übisöft, because they make shitty games imo.

This thread is about Publishers, not developers ...

Ubisoft are a publisher they are Europe's largest.

There are some strong contenders like EA and Microsoft, but I'd have to say Capcom, too. The fact that I used to love them so much only makes me despise their current nakedly avaricious and woefully inept incarnation that much more now. Sadly, for as much as everyone likes to doom them, they tend to be pretty profitable so will probably be with us for a while yet. But should their new plan of focusing on mobile games while making their few console games into $60 storefronts for microtransactions blow up in their collective face, I will be the first to dance on their grave. What a horrible, horrible company.

Rare is not a publisher, btw.

DevilRising said:

@Muffin
Of course it doesn't "upset" me. Your opinion is your opinion. But I do find it odd that out of all the shitty companies that exist to day, you would pick NIntendo as your personal least liked. That's all.

Ok well the reason it Is my least favorite is the  in the sense of Publisher's is the amount of Potential Nintendo has, as they have some of the greatest games of all time and I would just like to see them keep up with that standard with new and fresh IP's, and this is what bothers me more then the other companies which in turn makes me dislike Nintendo more then the other companies.
As for the rest, It just doesnt bother me as much as it is expected, I mean with EA and Activision especially I could just care less about those companies because I barely buy anything from them. But I just expect Better from Nintendo because I want to be able to enjoy there consoles, to be fair the 3DS is pretty sweet but I am mainly a sit infront of the TV gamer so I just wan the WiiU to just be better (and I didn't enjoy the Wii much at all so that leaves a sting)

Also sorry if I seemed defensive, I just want people to see where I am coming from and to understand me, and also for people to not just think I am hating on nintendo just because of how bad the WiiU is doing, I could honestly care less about sales as the Gamecube is one of my favorite consoles of all time (and that system did not sell that well). And sorry for the drawn out explenation.

kumagawa said:
Muffin31190 said:
OdinHades said:
Übisöft, because they make shitty games imo.

This thread is about Publishers, not developers ...

Ubisoft are a publisher they are Europe's largest.

Ok, but what I am saying is that people who usually "make" games are Developers, not Publishers.

can i say both EA and capcom?