By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ryse what? Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor FTW

Reminds me a lot of Assassins creed

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Krill said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/orcs-are-no-longer-the-scariest-thing-in-mordor?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

This game might not have the best looks but it is truly showing what having an in depth system can truly accomplish using the LOTR lore. So far it looks extremely promising. The video of the gameplay looks great. Check it out! Ryse was all graphics, this game looks like it was well thought out.

I played RYSE and liked it enough to get all of the achievements (a first for me).  I only see disparaging comments like that coming from people who never played it (a 10 minute session on your mates XBox One doesn't count either).

True. I am having a lot of fun with Ryse. I am playing through it slower than you did but I am trying to collect everything too. It's a gorgeous game and I like not constantly having to apply 100% brain power - it gives me something awesome to do while I listen to audio books.

Krill said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/orcs-are-no-longer-the-scariest-thing-in-mordor?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

This game might not have the best looks but it is truly showing what having an in depth system can truly accomplish using the LOTR lore. So far it looks extremely promising. The video of the gameplay looks great. Check it out! Ryse was all graphics, this game looks like it was well thought out.

I played RYSE and liked it enough to get all of the achievements (a first for me).  I only see disparaging comments like that coming from people who never played it (a 10 minute session on your mates XBox One doesn't count either).

Thats your opinion. You are entitled to it. The gameplay in this game looks like I did it right, less repetitive and more accurate.

Lord of the Assassin's Creed pretty much sums up what I saw. The combat is okay, copying the Assassin's Creed 3 style which is similar to the Arkham games, but I don't like Assassin's Creed automated climbing, jumping, etc, style. It's less player controlled, more automated so you move towards something that can be interacted with.

kowenicki said:
Ryse was all graphics

Says someone that never played it.

Ryse will get a sequel, the people that bought it will demand one and it has sold very well. It was a good game, a very good game.

Have you looked at the gameplay of this game?? Also, I have played Ryse. Thanks. :)

Around the Network
padib said:

This game has nothing to do with Ryse anyways. It's more like AC.

Ryse gets its freeflow style of AC and Batman AC. After they switched it from a Kinect game you can tell what games they drew inspiration from. Ryse needed to be in the oven a little longer.

kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kowenicki said:
Ryse was all graphics

Says someone that never played it.

Ryse will get a sequel, the people that bought it will demand one and it has sold very well. It was a good game, a very good game.

Have you looked at the gameplay of this game?? Also, I have played Ryse. Thanks. :)

yeah course you have.

I've been telling you guys for a month now that I've been playing my dormmates Xbox One. He has Ryse, Killer Instinct and Dear Rising 3 (which is the only one I haven't touched yet) You guys have selective memory. Playing the Xbox One has actually convinced me of buying that console first and the PS4 at the end of the year.

I thought Ryse would have worked much better as a middle earth LOTR ripoff than a more history game. It would have given a more variety in enemies and environments for example.

Wow! This looks fantastic! I really like the idea of the nemesis system. It really sounds like it'll make your game feel unique. Hopefully it delivers.

I saw it. Its awesome. Really promising.