By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR 5 most overrated games of last generation

an honorable mention No More Heroes, if that game didnt start out as exclusive i dont think many would care. It was like the FF13 version of a beat em up.

Around the Network

Somebody go through and count. 5 points for #1 spot, 4 for #2 3 for #3 etc.. etc or something of the sort so this thread will be a bit more useful.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

eFKac said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
1. TLOU
2.Bioshock
3. Uncharted
4. GTA4
5. Gears of War

Thought you said you wouldn't ever touch a Ps3 because of Sony fanboys...Now suddenly you've played all the best games it has too offer xD

No I said I wouldnt own a PS3 because of people like you. Sorry you cant accept my opinion and have to make something up in order to have a valid response but really the only thing you can do is #dealwithit. Its not like I need your permission or need you to accept my opinion on games I find over rated. I also named off a big xbox game and I didnt own an 360 for more than 2 weeks. I managed to play those games with friends who own those console.

People like me? gamers? or are you calling me a fanboy? 

Think about it and get back to me.

Here you go: remember when Rockstr got suicide threats and death threats when GTA went Multi platform? I sure do because its the day I sold my PS consoles.

So did you travel to the future and play those games and then return to the past and write that?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5657532 

Ooops busted! He'll just say he played them on a friends console or something. Or won't bother at all, it's not like he has any more credibility to lose.

I know it's just a good laugh that's all, he must have forgotten that once you write something on the internet it's there forever :)

1. GTA IV
2. Bioshock Infinite
3. Walking Dead
4. Witcher 2
5. Dark Souls

Nothing could possibly live up to the massive hype and my subsequent overestimation of what those last two were going to deliver. Just let myself get too psyched. I appreciate others have different opinions of WD but a cell-shaded, linear, cartoon with zero replay value should not be getting a high review score while games that required ten times the effort and talent to make get high 70s and low 80s. I thought the first Bioshock was a bit overrated but this latest was fawned over to a ridiculous degree. Good game, maybe very good but nothing I'd want to play more than twice. GTA is the poster boy for early gen review-score hysteria. Nothing will ever deserve a perfect 10 imo.

Crysis 1 was another overly hyped game but I could only guestimate from playing 2 so I didn't put either in my 'top' 5.

5. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Mass Effect 3
3. Skyrim
2. The Last of Us
1. Twilight Princess

Around the Network

Erhm, I'd have to go with:

1) The Last of Us
2) The Last of Us
3) The Last of Us
4) The Last of Us
5) The Last of Us

I played through that game TWICE to make sure I wasn't missing something about it that would make me mentally dethrone Uncharted 2 (yes 2!)... But nope, it was just not that impressive. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and though it was a somewhat overly cinematic experience, the rest of the game just didn't fit right. I was EASILY the strongest man in the room halfway through the game, and since dying had zero consequence, I felt like I was playing (not "playing") just another generic zombie shooting game. The cinematic experience was the ONLY thing I actually felt redeemed it. Outside of the cinematics, it's essentially entirely forgettable...

Edit: Typo, lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Uncharted 3
GTA IV
Mass Effect 2 & 3
Heavy Rain
Fable Series

5:zelda skyward sword
4:bioshock series
3:gta v (coming from a huge GTA fan
2: gears of war series
1:skyrim

5. Metal Gear Solid 5
4. Forza 3
3. New Super Mario Bros
2. Gears of War
1. LittleBigPlanet

Exclusives in general always get overhyped. Multiplatforms need to work for hardcore gamer hype. 

In all honesty the only game I played last gen that I thought was over rated was the last of us its a good game but it's definatly not the game of the generation people are claiming it is.