1. Skyrim - I tried twice to enjoy this game but it never managed to leave a lasting impression. I didn't find the narrative engaging, the world is huge and beautiful but it never clicked for me.
2. Final Fantasy XIII - I love the Final Fantasy games, especially VII and X. The first Final Fantasy game of generation 7 and I was so excited I took a week off work. Overly linear, annoying characters and a forgettable story make this one of the worst. It does get better towards the end once it opens up, but it was too late by then for most. FFX-2 is considerably better IMO, or perhaps it's the fact the Xbox has been starved of JRPGs of late.
3. Gears of War - I own all 3 games and I am yet to finish one. Didn't click for me, I found it slow, clunky and I didn't find any of the characters interesting.
4. Fable 3 - With each iteration the game was more stripped down and further away from what was promised with the first game. I like Peter Moleneux, and his eccentricities but I think the Fable series is better without him involved.
5. Grand Theft Auto V - I had tons of fun with this game, but there was no way it could live up to its own hype. A step forward for the GTA series, but not the evolutionary step promised.
"Im asking because it is not often i buy a game i dislike.
FF13 being the acception. My hype for that game was through the roof. Always enjoyed them. I purchased it launch day and i never ever finished. That game has made me wait on the purchase of the next FF game. I wot be getting the next ff at launch. Probably going to wait for bargain prices"
I originally had Call of Duty: Ghosts at 4, but you reminded me about Final Fantasy XIII.4. Call of Duty: Ghosts - A new engine, new hardware and a promised evolution of the series. Looks set to be the lowest selling title of the recent releases, are bro gamers finally getting FPS fatigued?