By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR 5 most overrated games of last generation

Any pokemon or monster hunter game. It doesnt matter which ones.

Around the Network

*reads replies*

*faints*

Uncharted series
Super mario galaxy
Halo
Skyrim
Tlou

1 skyrim - don't know wa people c in that
2 minecraft- nonsense imo
3 cod- except mw1+2 and my fav waw
4 ffxiii - biggest let down of the generation
5 killzone 3 - was just bleh

5. Uncharted 3 - Boring compared to U2, its like it was done by completely different developers. Horrid pacing, dull missions and level design and lame story.
4. Skyrim / Oblivion / Fallout - Most boring games ever made.
3. Every single modern war game released after COD Black Ops. Painfully generic and by the numbers yet score 80+ meta.
2. GTA4 - Boring and tedious doesn't begin to describe this. Hated the characters and story.
1. Metal Gear Solid 4 - Horrible in every way. Whatever the ''worst'' award is MGS4 tops it, from writing to voice acting to gameplay to soundtrack. Abysmal.

HM - Bayonetta, Halo Reach and Ni No Kuni.

Around the Network

1 - GTA IV
Lackuster compared to SA. Terrible graphics even for the time for a 100M game. Boring environment and city. 98 meta (?!)

2 - Skyrim
Buggy as hell, bad character models, bad combat and isn't that much better than other WRPGs to be so overrated.

3 - Minecraft
Horrible optimization, unnaceptable graphics. I mean, gameplay is more important than visuals, but come on, it is ugly even for PS1. Besides that, isn't that much innovative and is simply boring.

4 - Arkham City
Combat is horrible. It's a button masher with infinite counter and terrible AI (you can climb a car and become invencible against normal thugs)

5 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
It's fun, but the gameplay is slow, simplistic and bland. It feels broken. It is unbalanced and the scenario is a tragedy, trying to kill you all the time. Some characters can't beat others. It's as dependant on skill as winning in lottery.

Wow a lot of people are putting Fallout 3. I thought that was an amazing video game.

1. GTAIV
2. Skyrim
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Batman Arkham City
5. Bioshock
6. Mass Effect
7. Assassin's Creed series
8. All Halo games
9. LoZ SS
10. Tomb Raider

1. GTAIV- Probably the most overrated game of all time. Not terrible but hardly even a good game. Really only liked the online.
2. Call of Duty Ghosts- Literally the worst COD to date. How anyone likes it is beyond me.
3. Uncharted 3- Still love the game but it has one of the worst endings ever.
4. Gears of War- Still a great game but not worthy of all the praise imo.
5. Dead Space 2- A big step down.

think-man said:
RazorDragon said:
5. MGS 4
4. Killzone 2
3. Uncharted 2
2. The Last of Us
1. GTA IV

So basically you don't like Playstation games....I would have never guessed lol

Resistance is one of my favourite games series of this generation, as are Disgaea games. This isn't a "worst of the generation" list, it's a "most overrated" one, it's not as if I don't like those games, it's just that i find them incredibly overrated.