By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CVG: "Nintendo was dead to us very quickly" after the Wii U, says EA source

XboneWins said:
Samus Aran said:

Battlefield series
Burnout series
Command & Conquer series
Crysis series
Dead Space series
Dragon Age series
FIFA series
Fight Night series
Harry Potter series
Madden NFL series
Mass Effect series
Medal of Honor series
NBA Live series
NCAA Football series
Need for Speed series
NHL series
Rock Band series
SimCity series
The Simpsons series
The Sims series
Skate series
SSX series
Star Wars series

According to wiki those are their game franchises. Why on earth would I want to play any of those games? Most of them are just generic games that get yearly rehashes. Or even worse, licensed games.

I'm not a kid anymore, so I don't play FPS games. Because that's what kids like to do, pretend that they're soldiers. I never understood why people think those games are adult.

I'm pretty sure kids like to play FIFA as much as adults. Kids also like Star Wars games and Harry Potter(which is by the way definitely aimed at kids).

Ok, SSX 3 was a great game, I'll give them that. And I did enjoy the Sims when I was a kid. Haven't played one in ages though, so I don't know how the franchise is doing right now, quality wise that is. 

How on earth you can become the third biggest game company with shovelware like that is beyond me. I guess they're just riding on the sucess of big sports like football. And the popularity that FPS sadly still seem to have with the mainstream crowd. 

Haha.

The amount of butthurt in this post is too much for me to handle. This is exactly what I think of nintendo fans.

Go ahead and play your yearly rehashes of those platformers. "I'm not a kid anymore so I don't play platformers. Because that's what kids like to do"

What yearly rehashes of platformers? Name me one example of Nintendo. And don't bother naming New Super Mario Bros. series, I don't like those games myself. All their other platformers are top notch and not yearly rehashes. ;)

I don't mind playing kid games by the way. But don't call something mature when it's not! Playing soldier and killing people is not mature, it's rather childish. 

What exclusive games does your XBOX have to offer by the way? I don't care much for Sony, but even I can see they have the biggest game library out of all 3 consoles(the games I like are exclusive to Nintendo though).

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
XboneWins said:

Haha.

The amount of butthurt in this post is too much for me to handle. This is exactly what I think of nintendo fans.

Go ahead and play your yearly rehashes of those platformers. "I'm not a kid anymore so I don't play platformers. Because that's what kids like to do"

What yearly rehashes of platformers? Name me one example of Nintendo. And don't bother naming New Super Mario Bros. series, I don't like those games myself. All their other platformers are top notch and not yearly rehashes. ;)

I don't mind playing kid games by the way. But don't call something mature when it's not! Playing soldier and killing people is not mature, it's rather childish. 

What exclusive games does your XBOX have to offer by the way? I don't care much for Sony, but even I can see they have the biggest game library out of all 3 consoles(the games I like are exclusive to Nintendo though).

I'm sorry, but a different character does not make the game different. Zelda or mario, it is all the same.  How many platformers Nintendo has released this gen? Just looking at wikipedia games lists, it seems like 10. Is that about correct?

Playing as soldier is childish? Isn't playing as fat italian plumber also childish? Or does that only apply to the things that does not fit under your view of the world?

Too lazy to list those games, here is a wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

XboneWins said:
Samus Aran said:
XboneWins said:

Haha.

I'm sorry, but a different character does not make the game different. Zelda or mario, it is all the same.  How many platformers Nintendo has released this gen? Just looking at wikipedia games lists, it seems like 10. Is that about correct?

Playing as soldier is childish? Isn't playing as fat italian plumber also childish? Or does that only apply to the things that does not fit under your view of the world?

Too lazy to list those games, here is a wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

I know this is just my opinion, but what's the point of XBOX? It's just a copy of Sony's console. 95% of the games are the same and the other 5% are all genres that are well represented on Sony's console. 

Mario is a game everyone can play. It's not trying to be mature, no one is calling it that. It's aimed at children, but everyone can play it. Just look at the final level of Super Mario 3D World, it's so hard that children will most likely not be able to beat it. And yes playing as a soldier is the most childish thing I can imagine. 

I'd rather be a fat Italian plumber than a soldier by the way, thanks for the compliment.

We get one or two 3D Mario platformers each gen. Please tell me, how is that a yearly rehash? 

We get one Mario Kart each gen. Yearly rehash?

We get one Zelda game each gen(home console). Yearly rehash you say? 

Last year Nintendo released Fire Emblem: Awakening(turn based rpg), Pokémon X&Y(turn based rpg), Pikmin 3(real time strategy game), Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon(adventure game), Zelda: a Link Between Worlds(adventure/exploration game), Super Mario 3D World(3D platformer).

That's just out of the top of my head. How many FPS games have been released in the meantime on your consoles? Lol. 

So, Nintendo only makes kid's games huh? Just because a game uses color, RECOGNIZABLE characters, and music that you mind rarely forgets, it is a kid's game? The same company that made Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Metroid Prime makes kid's games? Really? And those Mario Kart kid's games, God forbid those. Tch, those are only for kids, not teachers, or parents, or allusions to people I know. Get a grip EA, Trix are for kids, not Nintendo. Failure on Nintendo platforms usually is the product of one of three things:

1.) Not knowing how to use the hardware correctly, creatively, or efficiently to create great software.(ex.-Nintendo 64 where every non-nintendo game failed because they didn't know how to use the hardware)

2.) You aren't open to new ideas.

3.) Obviously, there aren't enough hardware units in circulation which happens to be the Wii U's case BECAUSE of 1 and 2.

If Nintendo makes kiddy games then I'm still a kid. Sorry I actually like games that don't revolve around sports and war and everyday life. But that isn't what it is about is it? I know everyone has preferences but this is EA calling Nintendo out this time around so I'm responding: EA, grow up. We get it, you don't like the Wii U can you move on and focus on creating GAMES.

And what gets me is even though they are called out for being kiddy...(straight from VGChartz)

1 Wii Sports Wii 2006 Sports Nintendo 41.01 28.65 3.77 8.38 81.81
2 Super Mario Bros. NES 1985 Platform Nintendo 29.08 3.58 6.81 0.77 40.24
3 Mario Kart Wii Wii 2008 Racing Nintendo 15.05 12.35 3.71 3.19 34.29
4 Wii Sports Resort Wii 2009 Sports Nintendo 15.37 10.71 3.24 2.89 32.21
5 Pokémon Red / Green / Blue Version GB 1996 Role-Playing Nintendo 11.27 8.89 10.22 1.00 31.37
6 Tetris GB 1989 Puzzle Nintendo 23.20 2.26 4.22 0.58 30.26
7 New Super Mario Bros. DS 2006 Platform Nintendo 11.09 8.93 6.49 2.85 29.36
8 Wii Play Wii 2006 Misc Nintendo 13.88 9.14 2.93 2.83 28.78
9 Duck Hunt NES 1984 Shooter Nintendo 26.93 0.63 0.28 0.47 28.31
10 New Super Mario Bros. Wii Wii 2009 Platform Nintendo 13.83 6.56 4.68 2.14 27.21
11 Nintendogs DS 2005 Simulation Nintendo 9.03 10.87 1.93 2.74 24.57
12 Pokémon Gold / Silver Version GB 1999 Role-Playing Nintendo 9.00 6.18 7.20 0.71 23.10
13 Mario Kart DS DS 2005 Racing Nintendo 9.54 7.27 4.12 1.87 22.81
14 Wii Fit Wii 2007 Sports Nintendo 8.92 8.03 3.60 2.14 22.69
15 Wii Fit Plus Wii 2009 Sports Nintendo 8.90 8.24 2.53 1.75 21.42

They're all Nintendo. Look at all dem kids. I wonder where the "grown up games" are. Don't get me wrong, I love to blow people away but all the time!? I'll stick with Nintendo until their doors shut or either I die.

Peter Moore basically claims BS on the anonymous EA dev.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Darc Requiem said:
KylieDog said:
The Mass Effect was overpriced etc excuses have already been shot down. The PS3 faced similar when Mass Effect 2 released, still sold well. WiiU has no excuse.

No I didn't. Mass Effect 2 Launched on PS3 a year late with all the current DLC at $40. Mass Effect 3 launched on Wii U along side the entire Mass Effect Trilogy on PC, PS3, and 360. Mass Effect 3 for Wii U also lacked DLC support. How is that similar? 

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 did NOT include all DLC, that is false.  Mass Effect 3 on WiiU includes 6 pieces of DLC so it is not entirely without 'DLC' support, not counting the ME1+2 Genesis created just for WiiU.  When ME2 on PS3 released you could buy ME1+2 for £5 each on XBox, so the Trilogy being cheaper is not excuse either because PS3 version still sold despite this.

I didn't say it had all the DLC, I said it launched with all the current DLC included. It didn't include Arrival because it launched after the game was released for PS3. Mass Effect 3 Wii U had no DLC support. It didn't even contain all the DLC content available prior to it's launch. You got what was on the disc and that was it. PS3 owners got ME2 in it's entirety. Wii U owners did not get all of ME3.

KylieDog said:
Wright said:
KylieDog said:
Wright said:
KylieDog said:
The Mass Effect was overpriced etc excuses have already been shot down. The PS3 faced similar when Mass Effect 2 released, still sold well. WiiU has no excuse.

Mass Effect 2 for Ps3 released in 2011.

So what, was same situation as WiiU owners trying to blame, except ME2 actually sold on PS3 regardless.

Let's assume, how many Ps3 were already sold in 2011? 50 million?

50 million and the game sold 1.30 million units. Also add to this number the sales from the bundled version.

How many WiiU were already sold in 2012?

Let's assume five million.

5 million and Mass Effect 3 sold 0.10 units.

Ratio hardware-software, if the WiiU had a fanbase of 50 million, it would have sold 1 million units.

Maths don't lie, hence why your comparison with the Ps3 situation isn't exactly good.

Numbers aren't good on WiiU, I'll give you that.

Using ratios is bollocks.  It is not a valid argument.

Comparing software sales on systems with drastically different install-bases is bollocks. 

Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:

That is the most puerile horseshit i have ever read.

Khan down.  You don't have to type this kind of response in every Nintendo-EA thread made.

Heh, he'd probably moderte you for that if he could :p