By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CVG: "Nintendo was dead to us very quickly" after the Wii U, says EA source

Corvo said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I've played buggier games than EA. EA has many faults and most of those are political, but not to the dramatic level to which you're going. Nintendos faults are their own, especially this gen. As I said before, I used to defend Nintendo until I read more and more about them. Ignore me if you like, it only shows your low tolerance level when it comes to alternative opinions. 

Good day.

Sorry but, taking EA serious just show that who defends it is dumb and alienated.. Let me clear your mind, and I will guess that you do not own a wii U. The last Mass Effect ( 3) version on wii U wast just horrible, EA launched it like a broken piece, without dlc and stuff... EA is a company that loves to suck all the money you have/they can, and people that TRY to defend them like you ( maybe you like to waste a few buckets on crap map packs, broken dlc's ,etc), just show the level of alienation they  can make on  players. Sorry but, Nintendo is just stupid and made a horrible mistake by avoiding 3rd parties. If this was said by Ubisoft, or any other company but EA , I would agree and take it seriously . But coming from EA, just shows that they are way than wrong , firstly for porting a broken version of game to wii U... secondly to try to blame nintendo for their horrible sales. 

I'm not defending Nintendo , like Roma said, Nintendo made mistakes, it is just facts, EA has no argumments ( even not taking the fact they won Worst Company of America ). Let me make use of your words now with a few modifications : ''Ignore me if you like, it only shows your alienation level when it comes to discussing about EA''.

Good day.

The DLC Depends on the sales of the game. No one on any platform got a playably unique version of the game outside of Wii U/PC (IE: Tablet/mouse support). The PS3 version of was tested as well from part two and EA expressed that they were pleased with the sales of the late port of ME2 to the PS3 (Hence why they put the trilogy on the PS3). The community supported the game so they got the same treatment as the 360/PC community. This issue is much in the same vain with Activision and DLC for the "Freefall" DLC. DLC generally sells to at least one to two thirds of a community, so if you aren't selling very much on a specific platform whats the point? The suits at Activision and EA didnt find the sales of the games on the Nintendo Platform to be of enough demand to launch DLC. There is a step-by-step process to the whole thing. Suits have a job and its not just to sit there, but rather to make plans for profit. If a company isn't profitable, they just aren't unless they change something about themselves. The problem with Nintendo (and some of their fans) is that some think  in this economic climate they should just sit down and take losses that aren't needed to appease themselves.They took the risk porting the game itself and if it was a failed venture, you'll know.

Around the Network

Haha wow this is the best laugh I have had in a long while. I think this EA guy needs to look up the term cognitive dissidence in the dictionary because he is a prime example of someone disconnected from reality. Here's to another year as the worst company in America EA, Cheers!.

KylieDog said:
Wright said:
KylieDog said:
The Mass Effect was overpriced etc excuses have already been shot down. The PS3 faced similar when Mass Effect 2 released, still sold well. WiiU has no excuse.

Mass Effect 2 for Ps3 released in 2011.

So what, was same situation as WiiU owners trying to blame, except ME2 actually sold on PS3 regardless.

Let's assume, how many Ps3 were already sold in 2011? 50 million?

50 million and the game sold 1.30 million units. Also add to this number the sales from the bundled version.

How many WiiU were already sold in 2012?

Let's assume five million.

5 million and Mass Effect 3 sold 0.10 units.

Ratio hardware-software, if the WiiU had a fanbase of 50 million, it would have sold 1 million units.

Maths don't lie, hence why your comparison with the Ps3 situation isn't exactly good.

Numbers aren't good on WiiU, I'll give you that.

Wright said:
KylieDog said:
Wright said:
KylieDog said:
The Mass Effect was overpriced etc excuses have already been shot down. The PS3 faced similar when Mass Effect 2 released, still sold well. WiiU has no excuse.

Mass Effect 2 for Ps3 released in 2011.

So what, was same situation as WiiU owners trying to blame, except ME2 actually sold on PS3 regardless.

Let's assume, how many Ps3 were already sold in 2011? 50 million?

50 million and the game sold 1.30 million units. Also add to this number the sales from the bundled version.

How many WiiU were already sold in 2012?

Let's assume five million.

5 million and Mass Effect 3 sold 0.10 units.

Ratio hardware-software, if the WiiU had a fanbase of 50 million, it would have sold 1 million units.

Maths don't lie, hence why your comparison with the Ps3 situation isn't exactly good.

Numbers aren't good on WiiU, I'll give you that.

Now lets look at the sales of many core titles on the Wii from 80-99 million installed base. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Now lets look at the sames of many core titles on the Wii from 80-99 million installed base. :)

Well, uhhhh...maths aren't perfect...xD

Around the Network
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Now lets look at the sames of many core titles on the Wii from 80-99 million installed base. :)

Well, uhhhh...maths aren't perfect...xD

lol XD

EA is right. In Nintendo's history, only their core games sell well on their systems. And their core games are all kiddie.
Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc.......

I dont blame EA one bit. Nintendo needs this wake up call. All we need now is the Nintendo faithfuls to wake up also.

KylieDog said:

Using ratios is bollocks.  It is not a valid argument.

But, why not? Capitalism was established using ratios.

melbye said:

OK, then explain this EA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH1-FuXk8tw

This speech is why I think the whole Origin thing is what caused the rif. "Deaper online capability" kind of hinted at that lol

KylieDog said:
Wright said:
KylieDog said:

Using ratios is bollocks.  It is not a valid argument.

But, why not? Capitalism was established using ratios.

Install base does not govern sales.  Uncharted on VIta sold over 1 million, on PS3 Uncharted 2/3 are little over of 6 million, so 6 times the sales on PS3 despite PS3 having almost 11 times the units of VIta.  There will be a load of games all with different ratios.

So using ratios is bollocks.

Fair enough, then.