By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

naruball said:
VitroBahllee said:

It really doesn't seem like a Nintendo-fan perspective to me. More of a joke that you are determined not to find funny.

And your community season 6 signature can never come true now because Glover is leaving the show.

Ok, let's see:

1. This is clearly about wiiu vs vita and vita owners pointing out how digital sales on the psvita must be higher than on wiiu. Ninty fans' argument is always "but wiiu has digital games too". NINTY

2. This is contantly brought up when people make 15 (or 20, depends)-best-selling-games-ever threads and brag how Ninty dominates them. Then people respond, "but they were bundles", and people start fighting. NINTY

3. Could go either way (but I believe it's based on the latest wiiu software overtaking vita software sales)

4. This is clearly about developers arguing that wiiu is great and anonymous sources pointing out the problems they faced by making games on wiiu. NINTY

5. Ps3, ps2 beating other consoles or on track to, when it's more important how much profit you've made. Clearly about wii and nds profits. NINTY.

6. Everyone here is a tech expert who must correct the other tech experts on their spreading of misinformation. It's perfectly OK to derail any thread in order to do this. Every tech expert is also a DBZ expert (many of us are Toonami kids). General point

About Community, they're doing fine without Chevy Chase, they'll be fine without Glover (though it hurts me as a fan :(  )

As for it being a joke thread, I believe  that the OP's serious response to Joe shows just how much of a joke it is (i.e. he provides a proper argument).

OK everyone, let's establish some context. Naruball is calling this witchhunt and trying to get the FCC to shut this thread down because of my posts in a seperate thread. These are my two posts:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5991711

In this one, I basically said whoopty-freakin'-do to the Wii U's "triumph" over the Vita. You can really see my burning vigor and enthusiasm. I'm all like William Wallace in Braveheart times 10 up in there. It must be because the diss I had for the Vita (Vitamax) is obviously more clever than the one I had for Wii U (Wii O U). I should have known that would never get past such fervent young watchdogs.

And this post here is the real culprit:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5991734

That's where I suddenly got the bright idea to make this thread. But because it started in a Wii U vs. Vita thread, clearly this whole thing is just a subtle scheme to get you all to hate Sony and love Ninty! It's nothing more than propoganda! The jig is up, and I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

Well you've proven I'm a irredeemable, blackhearted Wii U fanboy who would just as soon pickpocket the Vita while your head is turned and stick a 2DS in its place, but let me make my case anyway. In America, the justice system owes it to us to pretend we have the right to a fair trial.

1. That actually goes for every modern console. I've been saying and saying for a while now that every sales discussion must come with an asterisk because we can't track digital sales. You can actually find that in my post history. Can you find a post where I diss Vita sales? If you can, I'll request a permaban immediately. I'd also like to see a thread where Wii U fans are arguing against Vita fans over digital sales.

2. People argue over bundles for every console. Go find a thread on Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale.

Edit: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5992089

3.  "Yes, goes for both fanbases." So you don't think Microsoft has a fanbase. I'll keep that in mind when I read your posts from now on.

4. Or about Sony's DRM plans for the PS4 before Microsoft's E3 disaster? That came from an anonymous source who claimed to be an insider. What about the rumors that Samsung tried to buy Sony's gaming division? Another anonymous source that is definitely credible. What about the one regarding Microsof- oh wait, you don't acknowledge Microsoft.

Edit: I also had posts like this one in mind: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176598

5. Yep, it's clearly about survivability: some of us are more concerned about a healthy and competitive industry that would benefit everyone than "one company to rule them all!" Don't know where you get me saying anything about the PS2, though. Sony made Scrooge McDuck money on that. Don't know where you got PS3 either. It's in second place and could stay that way, so who is bragging about second place? And also, that one company that you won't acknowledge has yet to recoup any losses from its gaming division, but no, this is all about Sony bashing.

Around the Network

An epic masterpiece XD. I stood up and gave you a round of applause.

21. We're not allowed to go a week without at least three threads complaining about other threads.

My 8th gen collection

Viper1 said:
Joke threads are always serious business.

I'm learning this.

Your beliefs are wrong because they're not mine

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
JoeTheBro said:
burninmylight said:

1. If it's your favorite console, never let people forget to take digital sales into account. If you hate the opposition, conveniently forget they have viable digital stores too.

Not all digital stores are equal. That's just laughable logic. I could make a thread saying Vita had sold more software than iOS. They both have viable digital stores so I must be correct.

This point is from the Wii U vs Vita thread. Do you not believe the Vita has better digital sales?

2. For some reason, bundled games don't count toward sales. Because even though countless people say they're waiting to buy a console when a specific game comes out, people never buy consoles for a specific game. It just happens to fall out of the packaging when they unbox it.

Totally agree with this one. A game is a game.

3. All data on VGChartz is bogus except when you need it to make your point.

I don't see that many people doing this. Lots consider it bogus and lots take it as truthfact. Who does both?

4. Anonymous sources are more reliable and trustworthy than industry insiders willing to reveal themselves when leaving a comment.

When they're saying something negative, yes. This point is about the Wii U devs. I'm a Wii U indie guy. If I had a bad experience with them (I haven't) I'd certainly not say it with my name attached. Kotaku and all the other sites check their info before posting. An anonymous dev in one of their articles may be giving a flawed viewpoint, but they certainly aren't made up.

Pastabin sources are of course trash.

5. Being the generational sales leader is more important than finding a successful long-term business model.

Can you clarify what you're talking about?

6. Everyone here is a tech expert who must correct the other tech experts on their spreading of misinformation. It's perfectly OK to derail any thread in order to do this. Every tech expert is also a DBZ expert (many of us are Toonami kids).

LOL fully agree. The hardest thing was(and still is a bit) for me is knowing system specs and watching two people argue with the wrong information.

What am I forgetting?

My opinions in bold.

First of all, this thread is meant for fun and not to be taken so seriously. But I'll oblige you nonetheless.

1. Never said they're equal. They don't have to be equal. I also never named specific consoles, did I? Yes, the original post came from a Wii U vs. Vita thread, but this is an entirely different thread with a different subject. Therefore, there is no need to turn this into a Console A vs. Console B thread. But even if it was, let's get back to my original point that it's not about digital stores being equal in terms of sales, it's about the fact that every single modern console (counting handhelds as consoles, just to be clear) has a viable digital store that sales both indy and retail games, yet console detractors conveniently forget this when downlplaying a specific game's or consoles sales. And the fact is, we don't know the facts for the vast majority of digital sales, so just about discussion about sales numbers needs to come with an asterisk. Unless of course, it's a game or console you don't care for.

3. Ah, but you do see it? So you acknowledge it happens. I can't name names. That would get me banned.

4. I've addressed this in my last thread. I see this issue in political and sports journalism as well. The problem with anonymous sources is that people who aren't very credible or qualified to speak on a certain matter can get away with things they would have been called out on if they didn't have the veil of secrecy. You can't consider the biases and weigh the competence of a source if you don't know where it comes from. If you disagree with me on this, then so be it.

5. Fanboys making a big deal about which console is beating the others in total sales instead of looking at the financial bottom line.

I know it's just for fun. Aren't almost all of the threads here just for fun? I didn't agree with most of your points so I wanted to give my opinion. It's not serious at all. Don't you read a lot of people's replies in the same mannor as your op and disagree with their jokes?

padib said:
burninmylight said:
naruball said:
VitroBahllee said:

It really doesn't seem like a Nintendo-fan perspective to me. More of a joke that you are determined not to find funny.

And your community season 6 signature can never come true now because Glover is leaving the show.

Ok, let's see:

1. This is clearly about wiiu vs vita and vita owners pointing out how digital sales on the psvita must be higher than on wiiu. Ninty fans' argument is always "but wiiu has digital games too". NINTY

2. This is contantly brought up when people make 15 (or 20, depends)-best-selling-games-ever threads and brag how Ninty dominates them. Then people respond, "but they were bundles", and people start fighting. NINTY

3. Could go either way (but I believe it's based on the latest wiiu software overtaking vita software sales)

4. This is clearly about developers arguing that wiiu is great and anonymous sources pointing out the problems they faced by making games on wiiu. NINTY

5. Ps3, ps2 beating other consoles or on track to, when it's more important how much profit you've made. Clearly about wii and nds profits. NINTY.

6. Everyone here is a tech expert who must correct the other tech experts on their spreading of misinformation. It's perfectly OK to derail any thread in order to do this. Every tech expert is also a DBZ expert (many of us are Toonami kids). General point

About Community, they're doing fine without Chevy Chase, they'll be fine without Glover (though it hurts me as a fan :(  )

As for it being a joke thread, I believe  that the OP's serious response to Joe shows just how much of a joke it is (i.e. he provides a proper argument).

OK everyone, let's establish some context. Naruball is calling this witchhunt and trying to get the FCC to shut this thread down because of my posts in a seperate thread. These are my two posts:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5991711

In this one, I basically said whoopty-freakin'-do to the Wii U's "triumph" over the Vita. You can really see my burning vigor and enthusiasm. I'm all like William Wallace in Braveheart times 10 up in there. It must be because the diss I had for the Vita (Vitamax) is obviously more clever than the one I had for Wii U (Wii O U). I should have known that would never get past such fervent young watchdogs.

And this post here is the real culprit:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5991734

That's where I suddenly got the bright idea to make this thread. But because it started in a Wii U vs. Vita thread, clearly this whole thing is just a subtle scheme to get you all to hate Sony and love Ninty! It's nothing more than propoganda! The jig is up, and I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

Well you've proven I'm a irredeemable, blackhearted Wii U fanboy who would just as soon pickpocket the Vita while your head is turned and stick a 2DS in its place, but let me make my case anyway. In America, the justice system owes it to us to pretend we have the right to a fair trial.

1. That actually goes for every modern console. I've been saying and saying for a while now that every sales discussion must come with an asterisk because we can't track digital sales. You can actually find that in my post history. Can you find a post where I diss Vita sales? If you can, I'll request a permaban immediately. I'd also like to see a thread where Wii U fans are arguing against Vita fans over digital sales.

2. People argue over bundles for every console. Go find a thread on Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale.

3.  "Yes, goes for both fanbases." So you don't think Microsoft has a fanbase. I'll keep that in mind when I read your posts from now on.

4. Or about Sony's DRM plans for the PS4 before Microsoft's E3 disaster? That came from an anonymous source who claimed to be an insider. What about the rumors that Samsung tried to buy Sony's gaming division? Another anonymous source that is definitely credible. What about the one regarding Microsof- oh wait, you don't acknowledge Microsoft.

5. Yep, it's clearly about survivability: some of us are more concerned about a healthy and competitive industry that would benefit everyone than "one company to rule them all!" Don't know where you get me saying anything about the PS2, though. Sony made Scrooge McDuck money on that. Don't know where you got PS3 either. It's in second place and could stay that way, so who is bragging about second place? And also, that one company that you won't acknowledge has yet to recoup any losses from its gaming division, but no, this is all about Sony bashing.

So much win!

Sadly, I've been discovered as a Secret Nintendo Agent, so anything more I say must be completely disregarded. Even all my posts dissing Nintendo and the Wii U itself get disregarded too, apparently.  !!!!! I just thought of the next one!

MohammadBadir said:
Your beliefs are wrong because they're not mine

Covered in 14 and 14.1

JoeTheBro said:
burninmylight said:
JoeTheBro said:
burninmylight said:

1. If it's your favorite console, never let people forget to take digital sales into account. If you hate the opposition, conveniently forget they have viable digital stores too.

Not all digital stores are equal. That's just laughable logic. I could make a thread saying Vita had sold more software than iOS. They both have viable digital stores so I must be correct.

This point is from the Wii U vs Vita thread. Do you not believe the Vita has better digital sales?

2. For some reason, bundled games don't count toward sales. Because even though countless people say they're waiting to buy a console when a specific game comes out, people never buy consoles for a specific game. It just happens to fall out of the packaging when they unbox it.

Totally agree with this one. A game is a game.

3. All data on VGChartz is bogus except when you need it to make your point.

I don't see that many people doing this. Lots consider it bogus and lots take it as truthfact. Who does both?

4. Anonymous sources are more reliable and trustworthy than industry insiders willing to reveal themselves when leaving a comment.

When they're saying something negative, yes. This point is about the Wii U devs. I'm a Wii U indie guy. If I had a bad experience with them (I haven't) I'd certainly not say it with my name attached. Kotaku and all the other sites check their info before posting. An anonymous dev in one of their articles may be giving a flawed viewpoint, but they certainly aren't made up.

Pastabin sources are of course trash.

5. Being the generational sales leader is more important than finding a successful long-term business model.

Can you clarify what you're talking about?

6. Everyone here is a tech expert who must correct the other tech experts on their spreading of misinformation. It's perfectly OK to derail any thread in order to do this. Every tech expert is also a DBZ expert (many of us are Toonami kids).

LOL fully agree. The hardest thing was(and still is a bit) for me is knowing system specs and watching two people argue with the wrong information.

What am I forgetting?

My opinions in bold.

First of all, this thread is meant for fun and not to be taken so seriously. But I'll oblige you nonetheless.

1. Never said they're equal. They don't have to be equal. I also never named specific consoles, did I? Yes, the original post came from a Wii U vs. Vita thread, but this is an entirely different thread with a different subject. Therefore, there is no need to turn this into a Console A vs. Console B thread. But even if it was, let's get back to my original point that it's not about digital stores being equal in terms of sales, it's about the fact that every single modern console (counting handhelds as consoles, just to be clear) has a viable digital store that sales both indy and retail games, yet console detractors conveniently forget this when downlplaying a specific game's or consoles sales. And the fact is, we don't know the facts for the vast majority of digital sales, so just about discussion about sales numbers needs to come with an asterisk. Unless of course, it's a game or console you don't care for.

3. Ah, but you do see it? So you acknowledge it happens. I can't name names. That would get me banned.

4. I've addressed this in my last thread. I see this issue in political and sports journalism as well. The problem with anonymous sources is that people who aren't very credible or qualified to speak on a certain matter can get away with things they would have been called out on if they didn't have the veil of secrecy. You can't consider the biases and weigh the competence of a source if you don't know where it comes from. If you disagree with me on this, then so be it.

5. Fanboys making a big deal about which console is beating the others in total sales instead of looking at the financial bottom line.

I know it's just for fun. Aren't almost all of the threads here just for fun? I didn't agree with most of your points so I wanted to give my opinion. It's not serious at all. Don't you read a lot of people's replies in the same mannor as your op and disagree with their jokes?

I know you have a dry sense of humor (to put it nicely), but it's not always easy to tell. I thought you were looking for serious answers.

Also, I have a request: either tell us what the hell you're working on, or shut up about it. I mean, seriously. For the past few weeks, this is what every post of yours consists of: "I have a game I'm working on, but I won't tell! Trololololol!........... Will someone please ask me about my game?". OK, I'm curious. What is this mysterious project you're working on? Suckas gotta know.

Devil_Survivor said:
An epic masterpiece XD. I stood up and gave you a round of applause.

Thanks! It's good to know that some were genuinely entertained and not pissed off. Believe it or not, it's not meant to be biased toward or against any console. Most won't believe it.