By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

1. If it's your favorite console, never let people forget to take digital sales into account. If you hate the opposition, conveniently forget they have viable digital stores too.

2. For some reason, bundled games don't count toward sales. Because even though countless people say they're waiting to buy a console when a specific game comes out, people never buy consoles for a specific game. It just happens to fall out of the packaging when they unbox it.

3. All data on VGChartz is bogus except when you need it to make your point.

4. Anonymous sources are more reliable and trustworthy than industry insiders willing to reveal themselves when leaving a comment.

5. Being the generational sales leader is more important than finding a successful long-term business model.

5.1 "It is insulting as an entertainment concept to imagine someone enjoying games on a device that isn't a market leader." (credit to Mummelmann)

5.2 "comparing total sales of consoles that sold years apart is completely fair and logical." (credit to lucidium)

5.2.1 "I use past sales and earnings to rebuff the current standing of my competitors." (credit to Train wreck)

5.3 "Holiday sales numbers are always a sign of imminent greatness in the coming year and there is no arguing against charts that show past performance versus present." (credit to Mummelmann)

5.3.1 "Every year when post-holiday adjustments hit; feign shock, and possibly show disgust at the inaccurate tracking of vgchartz." (credit to Mummelmann)

5.4 "Act surprised when the sales of a console which has been doing terrible are released and they're still bad. "Wow, terrible x sales"." (credit to naruball)

5.4.1 "My company's A level games did not sell my console of choice but their B and C level games sure will." (credit to Train wreck)

5.4.2 "When my console of choice is failing, its all good, ill just go off topic and talk about the individual personally." (credit to Train wreck)

5.5 "When my competitors consoles are declining, its because their brand is out of favor, when my gaming console of choice is declining, people do not understand gaming and I am rooting for a industry crash." (credit to Train wreck)

5.6 "Even though console generation winners are the ones who sell the most, I'll rewrite the rules so mine would win" (MohammadBadir)

STOP!!! Before you accuse this one of being blatant anti-Sony, pro Nintendo propoganda, keep in mind Nintendo fanboys were doing this with DS/PS2 arguments, and Xbox fans were using the, "But 360 stole ___% marketshare!" argument. Therefore, it is general enough to work.

6. Everyone here is a tech expert who must correct the other tech experts on their spreading of misinformation. It's perfectly OK to derail any thread in order  to do this. Every tech expert is also a DBZ expert (many of us are Toonami kids).

7. Some random joker from NeoGAF counts as a viable source (credit to Jaywood 2010)

7.1 "Gaf is terrible if it has some negative info about said platform" (credit to gooch_destroyer)

8. "When a handheld is outselling a home console, you are not allowed to compare those system's sales. If it's the other way around, you are." (credit to Munchies)

9. "When somebody quits the NFL prediction league it's due to loss of interest, not falling hopelessly behind the leaders." (credit to Rolstoppable)

10. When you bash a company, you're never being a hater, you're just keeping it real. (credit to Rolstoppable)

10.1 "A"?" at the end of your "doom article" thread title doesn't mean you are being a negative troll, just raising speculative awareness." (credit to Viper1)

10.1.1 "Say something negative about the sales of the company you don't like, but end it with a sad smiley face. The smiley face makes everything ok." (credit to naruball)

10.2 "Mention that you have all 3 consoles, which makes you unbiased. If someone points out that you're negative about a console, juts remind them that you have that console, so there is no reason for them to accuse you of being overly negative about it. It helps if you slightly criticise a company you like. You can then save those posts and use them to point out just how unbiased you are." (credit to naruball)

"No! I'm the most unbiased person on all of VGC! Don't you see, I owned all the consoles in generation 6!?" (NintendoPie)

10.3 "When you dislike a console, the company behind said console will inevitably drop out of the gaming market or be bought by the company you like within the next 2 years." (credit to Tiwaz)

11. "Insulting another user is never acceptable, except when ioi does it to pezus." (credit to Rolstoppable)

11.1 "It is ok to say that basically everybody on this site is stupid as long as you don't say it directly and you say it the smart, funny way. If you call somebody a directly a fanboy for example, you'll get banned." (credit to ghettoglamour)

12. "We're not allowed to go a week without at least three threads complaining about other threads." (credit to ICStats)

12.1 We're not allowed to go a week without at least three Wii U doom threads. Otherwise, life as we know it is doomed.

12.2 New users will at some point complain about how everyone will only want to talk about sales, even though this is a site about sales.

13. "Because someone of a fanbase thinks something, all of them do. (If an Xbox fan thinks that DS4 isn't that good, all Xbox fans think that as well, or fanbases are a single entity, no one speaks for themselves, but for the entire base.)" (credit to the-pi-guy)

13.1 "Generalizations of opposing fanbases are fair game, as long as it's not your fandom. Everyone in that fandom is of one mind, but if they dare to make the same claim about your fandom, feel free to report them at once." (credit to Super_Boom)

13.2 If another fanbase attacks you, it is because they are envious and want your loved company to fail, not because your fanbase attacked them first. The fanbase of your favorite company is perfect and is always the victim on this site. (credit to 160rmf)

13.3 "If you are debating against an opposing fandom, and someone finds a hole in your logic, it is perfectly acceptable blame the fandom that person is defending. It doesn't matter how wrong you are, it's all the fault of overzealous fans defending their company of choice. Use the phrase 'white knight' a lot when telling those fans off, that really helps get your point across." (credit to Super_Boom)

14. "If you don't agree with me you must not be listening to what I'm saying." (credit to RavenXtra)

14.1 "If you actually understood what I was saying, there's no way you'd disagree with me - because nobody who can understand what I am saying could possibly have a different point of view: mine is the only correct opinion someone who had all the facts could make!" (elaborated upon by VitroBahllee)

14.2 "If somone disagrees with you and you exlain your point, but they still won't change their mind, there's only one possible explanation: problem with their reading comprehension" (credit to naruball)

15. "Goalposts are meant to be fluid, amorphous, ever changing targets with whom you're debating with but fixed, immovable structures of fact when it's you." (credit to Viper1)

16. "Proved wrong in a thread about something? Just leave until another thread about the same thing appears tomorrow." (credit to ganoncrotch)

16.1 "Never admit you're wrong. It doesn't matter if someone proves you wrong. Deny it at all costs, call it thread derailment, say it's irrelevant, that they're wrong, which would make you right, because lets' face it, you're smarter." (credit to naruball)

16.1.1 "Be vague. Not too vague, as no one will care about what you have to say. Say something negative which is clearly about a certain fanbase, but don't mention the actual fanbase. If someone calls you out, claim you were talking about any number of fanbases." (credit to naruball)

16.1.2 "Use gifs of someone laughing to ridicule one's argument or pictures to annoy someone, instead of an actual argument. Much better." (credit to naruball)

16.2 You can also get out of any awkard or unenviable situation by claiming you were joking/trolling. Sixty-three percent of the time, it works every time.

16.3 "All counterarguments must focus on the most minor and insignificant aspect of who you quoted." (credit to Viper1)

16.3.1 "Hahaha, you are winning the argument, while I am not even mad. I better make the conversation about your bad syntax or I say, 'Enjoy argumenting on the Interwebs while I enjoy games on my console of choice.''' (credit to chapset)

16.4 "You are never allowed to admit you changed your mind because someone actually had a valid point." (credit to Viper1)

16.5 If a person makes a prediction, and they're wrong, it means that all his or her future predictions will be wrong. If a person formulates an argument, and makes a mistake, this invalidates all future arguments he or she puts forward on all subjects. (credit to Aielyn)

16.6 "If you write sixteen, booklength stories about how your company of choice will put the other companies out of business within two years, just start writing booklength posts about the history of the company's mascot instead once your predictions are shown to be inaccurate. Act like nothing happened." (credit to VitroBahllee)

16.7 "People will keep the argument going until the other person gets tired of replying to their bs and quits responding.  The one who responds last is the winner apparently," (kupomogli) or ""The person to respond last in an argument is the winner." (Aielyn)

16.8 "Whoever is willing to type the longest post is obviously right." (credit to VitroBahllee)

17. "End any thread title with ellipses to draw more interest to..." (credit to Augen)

18. "ITZ NOT ABOTU GRAF-X, ITZ ABOUT GAEMPLAY!!!" *Next gen, your favorite console is the most powerful* "MY CONS0LE IZ TEH BEST BECUZ ONLY IT KAN DO TRUH HI DEAF GAMEZ!!!"

18.1 "You're not allowed to find a game visually appealing if it's not on a gaming PC or the most powerful console on the market." (credit to curl-6)

18.1.1 "If your console's big title is also available on PC, nobody needs your console because EVERYBODY has a high powered gaming PC." (credit to d21lewis)

18.1.2 "If my console runs a game with better resolution/fps than your console, it's worth bragging about because NOBODY has a high powered gaming PC." (credit to d21lewis)

18.2 "Only gameplay matters. Unless it's graphics. Unless it's sales." (credit to Viper1)

19. You are what you avatar. Kratos avatar? Clearly a biased Sony Pony. Master Chief? Microsheep. Link? Nintenho. No exceptions.

19.1 Speaking of avatars, it's perfectly OK to ignore #5 on the forum rules. You won't get in any trouble here. At work? That's another story.

20. "Your console or game of choice is always UNDERTRACKED, whereas the opposition is always OVERTRACKED" (credit to Seece)

21. Being a fan of a particular console or its producer means you are clearly biased against other consoles and manufacturers, no matter what your game collection or post history says about you.

22. "Sequels are only acceptable if they are on your favorite console." (credit to padib)

23. "Quote Trees are life. The longer they are the more life they bring to the thread. Especially if its pages and pages of the same 2 people quoting one another." (credit to _crazy_man_)

23.1 "Quoting an entire (long) OP with a short response is totally acceptable." (credit to _crazy_man_)

24. "Video game journalism is terrible, but only if it bashes your console of choice or praises the console you hate. If a site says something positive about Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo, it's biased towards that company, and if it says something against one of them, it's biased against them." (credit to HylianSwordsman)

25. "If an internet poll says that people favor a console or company you don't like over one you do, it's because the whole internet is biased towards that company." (credit to HylianSwordsman)

26. "Anecdotal evidence must be taken as fact if it favours your company of choice!" (credit to Anfebious)

26.1 Your local Wal-Mart/Gamestop/Target/Best Buy is the be-all, end-all, center of the universe, final judge on the health of a console. If your local store has/doesn't have it, then that is all the evidence we need to reach a verdict on how well a new console sells nationwide/worldwide.

26. If the AAA game is an exclusive on your favorite console, you can score it at least 9/10. But if this game get ported to other platforms, you have to lower your score to 6/10. (credit to KingofTrolls)

27. "Moneyhatting is OK as long as my preferred company is the one doing it." (credit to Player2)

28. "Metacritic is the ultimate source of truth when it comes to determining game quality in any fanboy war. Having actually played any of the games in question is entirely optional" (credit to hsrob)

28.1 "If a game exclusive to your console of choice has a high Metacritic score, then it's okay to tout it. However, if it has a low score, then it doesn't matter because it's simply people's opinions." (credit to Scizor_99)

29. "Paying for online mutliplayer is bad. Unless it's your console. If it's your console, then it's OK." (credit to Viper1)

30. "Being the most expensive console is bad. Unless it's your console. If it's your console, then it's OK." (credit to Viper1)

31. "Red Dead Redemption has the greatest graphics of all time. ALL TIME." (credit to Viper1)

32. "Having 75%+ of your posts in the competitions forum boards is a badge of honor." (credit to Viper1)

33. "Unless adding irrefutable data, you're required to post the word opinion somewhere in your post, otherwise someone who doesn't agree will quote you and comment "in your opinion." (credit to kupomogli)

33.1 "Someone may still quote and comment "in your opinion" even when your post has it stated." (credit to kupomogli)

33.2 Even if 99 percent of the world would agree with a relative truth, even though it is highly regarded and shared opinion, it will incite an argument if claimed as fact with some members. (credit to kupomogli)

34. "Concept art and the knowledge of which studio is behind a game project is more than enough grounds to be super excited and start predicting metascores for the coming masterpiece. On a similar note; early gameplay trailers or even cinematics, are enough grounds to claim Game of the Generation." (credit to Mummelmann)

35. "No one cares about a game unless it's at the top of the pre-order list." (credit to Viper1)

36. "Don't trust people with Kim Possible avatars" (credit to Kirby007, get this man a beer)

37. "Where the heck is the 'like' button?" (credit to Kwaidd)

38. "If a new game features completely original gameplay, but known characters, it's a rehash." (credit to Super_Boom)

38.1 "A game only counts as a new IP if it is available physically, is critically well-received, and sells at least a million units." (credit to Super_Boom)

What am I forgetting?

Around the Network

Wow, you actually made a thread about this

And I agree... This shit needs to be fixed even though it will never be fixed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

lol pretty much. NeoGaf 2.0

Source: Random User from NeoGaf

When a handheld is outselling a home console, you are not allowed to compare those system's sales. If it's the other way around, you are.

Yep, sounds about right.

Around the Network

Pretty accurate.

win

Click HERE and be happy 

Oh you. Good one.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Wow, you actually made a thread about this

And I agree... This shit needs to be fixed even though it will never be fixed

I hate that character, sorry I had to point that out XD

burninmylight said:

1. If it's your favorite console, never let people forget to take digital sales into account. If you hate the opposition, conveniently forget they have viable digital stores too.

Not all digital stores are equal. That's just laughable logic. I could make a thread saying Vita had sold more software than iOS. They both have viable digital stores so I must be correct.

This point is from the Wii U vs Vita thread. Do you not believe the Vita has better digital sales?

2. For some reason, bundled games don't count toward sales. Because even though countless people say they're waiting to buy a console when a specific game comes out, people never buy consoles for a specific game. It just happens to fall out of the packaging when they unbox it.

Totally agree with this one. A game is a game.

3. All data on VGChartz is bogus except when you need it to make your point.

I don't see that many people doing this. Lots consider it bogus and lots take it as truthfact. Who does both?

4. Anonymous sources are more reliable and trustworthy than industry insiders willing to reveal themselves when leaving a comment.

When they're saying something negative, yes. This point is about the Wii U devs. I'm a Wii U indie guy. If I had a bad experience with them (I haven't) I'd certainly not say it with my name attached. Kotaku and all the other sites check their info before posting. An anonymous dev in one of their articles may be giving a flawed viewpoint, but they certainly aren't made up.

Pastabin sources are of course trash.

5. Being the generational sales leader is more important than finding a successful long-term business model.

Can you clarify what you're talking about?

6. Everyone here is a tech expert who must correct the other tech experts on their spreading of misinformation. It's perfectly OK to derail any thread in order to do this. Every tech expert is also a DBZ expert (many of us are Toonami kids).

LOL fully agree. The hardest thing was(and still is a bit) for me is knowing system specs and watching two people argue with the wrong information.

What am I forgetting?

My opinions in bold.