By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW and SW Up 11th January 2014

Interesting to notice that how comparing a home console sales with a handheld sales , suddenly, became reasonable in these forums.....

...not long ago it was all just... "they have different markets, we can´t compare them and blah blah blah"... and now.... oh! impressive!

oh, well.. such hypocrisy

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
Shinobi-san said:
A lot of people are saying that Xbox One sales are bad in Europe because it's only released in 13 european countries? Can we not check the % of sales that these countries usually contribute to the total sales for Europe and extrapolate the sales for the other countries?

I would imagine that its not that much?

Just looking at the PS4 sales in Europe - UK, Germany and France already account for more than half of its sales.

Welcome to the logic of some people with access to the internet haha

I thought it was only in like 8 or 9 EU countries.

jlmurph2 said:
steverhcp02 said:
Shinobi-san said:
A lot of people are saying that Xbox One sales are bad in Europe because it's only released in 13 european countries? Can we not check the % of sales that these countries usually contribute to the total sales for Europe and extrapolate the sales for the other countries?

Just looking at the PS4 sales in Europe - UK, Germany and France already account for more than half of its sales.

European countries-Austria, Ireland, Italy, United Kindgom, Spain, France, Germany

Other countries-United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand

These countries make up over 80% of 360 lifetime sales

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
jlmurph2 said:
steverhcp02 said:
Shinobi-san said:

European countries-Austria, Ireland, Italy, United Kindgom, Spain, France, Germany

Other countries-United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand

These countries make up over 80% of 360 lifetime sales

Oh ok so 7 EU countries then.

Dat PS4 I love you

Around the Network
magoghm said:
sully1311 said:
magoghm said:

Microsoft seems to be doing pretty well on the software side with the XBox One in the US. For those 30 top selling titles we have:

XBox One: 123,813

PS4: 57,203

Wii U: 68,852

Check your numbers again.

Thanks, it seems I missed an XBox One game. These are the numbers I get now:

XBox One: 139,163

PS4: 57,203

Wii U: 68,852

I hope I didn't make anymore mistakes.

Try again

iceboy151 said:
globalisateur said:
dsp333 said:
You have to wonder if Sony is ever going to drop the hammer on SCEA for their impossibly bad performance with the Vita compared to the other regions.

Then again, maybe they've truly got their hands tied that tightly with the PS4 given it's the competitor in North America and all that.

Didn't expect the PS4 to outsell the 3DS at pretty much any point this year, have to say I'm pretty fucking shocked right now. Wii U drop doesn't surprise in the slightest, was expecting 50k on the dot... But 360 does. Bet Pachter was right about that talk of a price drop next month after all.

I am quite surprised too.

I assumed PS4 would eventually outsell 3DS but with Japan and not while being outsold everywhere.

Again, unnoticed, PS3 is doing really great. PS3 neck in neck with Wii U in Japan for instance shows great lets for PS3, also seen in the software charts

The PS4 isn't sold out everywhere though, only in North America is it sold out.

lol go in France,  you could be killed for saying that with all these people trying to have a PS4...

Rogerioandrade said:

Interesting to notice that how comparing a home console sales with a handheld sales , suddenly, became reasonable in these forums.....

...not long ago it was all just... "they have different markets, we can´t compare them and blah blah blah"... and now.... oh! impressive!

oh, well.. such hypocrisy

I dont think you know what hypocrisy means.

a successful handheld outselling( with Japan) a successful home console (without Japan) is expected, normal, there is no achievement here so there is not point in comparing them.

But a successful home console (without Japan) being out of stock everywherer and yet outselling a successful handheld ( with Japan), this is a huge achievement, the comparison is not made to downplay 3DS sales but to show the monster PS4 is, easy to understand no ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

binary solo said:
kowenicki said:
Happy to say my 50% down YOY for PS3 and 360 at least this year will also be true. They will die quicker than previous gens.

Xbox only had one previous generation and it almost had an insta death. PS3 on the other hand will indeed die quicker than both of its predecessors.

I don't see PS3 having further downward adjustments. At 80 million shipped as of 2 Nov it would hav had to ship bugger all for 80.9 million to be over tracked.

Xb360 OTOH I can't recall what shipments are, but it hit 80 million before PS3, so it too would have had to ship bugger all units during the holidays for it to be on track, so I suspect you're right 360 should move up. I guess celebrations of PS3>360 were rather premature. I'm gonna say the technical victory has to go to 360 for having sold more than PS3 by the time the next gen had started, albeit with a 5 million + head start.

I got banned for saying that in 09 ...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kowenicki said:
binary solo said:
kowenicki said:
Happy to say my 50% down YOY for PS3 and 360 at least this year will also be true. They will die quicker than previous gens.

Xbox only had one previous generation and it almost had an insta death. PS3 on the other hand will indeed die quicker than both of its predecessors.

I don't see PS3 having further downward adjustments. At 80 million shipped as of 2 Nov it would hav had to ship bugger all for 80.9 million to be over tracked.

Xb360 OTOH I can't recall what shipments are, but it hit 80 million before PS3, so it too would have had to ship bugger all units during the holidays for it to be on track, so I suspect you're right 360 should move up. I guess celebrations of PS3>360 were rather premature. I'm gonna say the technical victory has to go to 360 for having sold more than PS3 by the time the next gen had started, albeit with a 5 million + head start.

I've only been saying it for 2 years much to everyones ire.  By the way the PS3 has beed adjusted right back to 2007!!

Incidentally, if you align launches the PS3 is actually falling quicker than the 360.  They will both vanish rapidly.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150782&page=1

Yeah but as I said in that thread, or another you linked to it, PS3's 2013 does not compare directly to 360's 2012 because there was no Xb one to draw away sales from 360 then unlike PS4 to draw away sales from PS3 now. Effectively the ability to compare launch aligned years under similar conditions ended in 2012. So while it's factually correct that PS3 is dropping faster in launch aligned comparisons, it doesn't mean much when taking account of the full context of that fact.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix