By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW and SW Up 11th January 2014

magoghm said:

Microsoft seems to be doing pretty well on the software side with the XBox One in the US. For those 30 top selling titles we have:

XBox One: 123,813

PS4: 57,203

Wii U: 68,852

Check your numbers again.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
DonFerrari said:

How much you expect?? 5M? That would be high number going by WiiU numbers... probably 1M LTD.

Hard to say. Wii U isn't bringing in the casuals or the hardcores just yet, but I'd say selling maybe 1 million by the end of the year

That is the kind of drop that is almost unheard of.

I meant to say 1 million after 1 year of sales, sorry.

pezus said:
oniyide said:
tiffac said:
Oh man... that Vita US numbers is just depressing, as seeing the Wii U go back to its pre-holiday numbers. :<

did people really expect Wii u to NOT go back to its pre holiday numbers? Or vita in the US to not go down?

Some did...some did. 

Who? I can literally think of zero people who would expect tha...oh

DucksUnlimited said:
pezus said:
oniyide said:
tiffac said:
Oh man... that Vita US numbers is just depressing, as seeing the Wii U go back to its pre-holiday numbers. :<

did people really expect Wii u to NOT go back to its pre holiday numbers? Or vita in the US to not go down?

Some did...some did. 

Who? I can literally think of zero people who would expect tha...oh

I see what you did there!

OT. Vita pretty much discontinued in US this year? I can't imagine it getting shelf space outside of maybe Gamestop and Sony Centers. Obscurity a'la Xbox in Japan, I still wonder who stocks them there...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Wait...didn't Wii fit U have 48K preorders for US? Lol damn

Around the Network

wii u is okay, holyday is nintendos strongest periode of the year. as long as it stays above 40k till DK comes out its okay.

btw did the psp outsell the vita in the europe`? realy?

oniyide said:
Locknuts said:
oniyide said:
awesomeabe1998 said:
JWeinCom said:
Pretty bad drop for Wii U. Maybe Wii Fit U could help save things, but Nintendo seems to have given up on advertising any of their casual titles, so probably not.

I think the Wii U is being undertracked by a decent amount because Wii Fit U was released Jan 10 in the USA on retail. That had to push the Wii U sales above 70k.

or maybe people dont give a crap about WIi fit anymore

I hope the Wii____ series is dead. Then Nintendo can get those developers working on better games.

oh im sure its pretty much dead

Until you realise wii party U is at 1m.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:
oniyide said:
Locknuts said:
oniyide said:
awesomeabe1998 said:
JWeinCom said:
Pretty bad drop for Wii U. Maybe Wii Fit U could help save things, but Nintendo seems to have given up on advertising any of their casual titles, so probably not.

I think the Wii U is being undertracked by a decent amount because Wii Fit U was released Jan 10 in the USA on retail. That had to push the Wii U sales above 70k.

I hope the Wii____ series is dead. Then Nintendo can get those developers working on better games.

should have been higher than that. Only one terriority cares about that game. 

sully1311 said:
magoghm said:

Microsoft seems to be doing pretty well on the software side with the XBox One in the US. For those 30 top selling titles we have:

XBox One: 123,813

Check your numbers again.

Thanks, it seems I missed an XBox One game. These are the numbers I get now:

XBox One: 139,163

I hope I didn't make anymore mistakes.

oniyide said:
benji232 said:
oniyide said:
Locknuts said:
oniyide said:
awesomeabe1998 said:
JWeinCom said:

should have been higher than that. Only one terriority cares about that game. 

Games like these typically have very very strong legs. Look at wii party u. It debuted at 7.6k in US and 12.5k in Europe. It's now at 160k+ and 190k+ in both territories respectively. Not too shabby for a so called "dead" game. Obviously, it's down gen over gen, but it's to be expected when your instal base is 20x smaller. Also, wiifit U debuted at 20k+ in the US alone, expect that game to sell 3m+ lifetime WW. It's going to have very, very strong legs. Just like wii party U.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M