By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why People Says "PS4 Has No Games"? (+33 Games, +10 Genres, Strong, Diverse, etc)

Ronster316 said:
Madword said:
Ronster316 said:
PS4's launch line up is weak, that's the bottom line_____________.

Proof in the pudding is that it's really only the HARDOCRE beyond HARDCORE sony fans who are trying to defend it's current crop of games.

Those on neutral ground KNOW that the ONE's line up as things stand is superior.

The fact that this thread does not have 500+ posts by now proves that even most sony fans themselves can't be arsed defending PS4's launch line up. (save face basically)

Yeah you are totally right.. it's good that the console sales are proving what you say to be fact. PS4 is selling very bad compared to the XBoxOne and Wii-u... once the hardcore stop buying it, PS4 is doomed. /sarcasm.

When did this become a sales discussion?

Besides, a LOT of NEUTRALS have not bought either console yet (also, sony's hardcore fans were going to buy one regardless, just like they did with the ps2 & ps3 day 1 despite their crappy launch line up's too)

I'm not going to dispute that the PS4 has more sales.

But that launch game line up is average at best, try spin it all you like.

It became a sales discussion when people starting sprouting their opinions as fact.

You are suggesting its only the hardcore buying right now... well i would suggest record sales (for both consoles) tell a totally different story... what is Hardcore anyway... like its some special group that can only buy a console at launch or something. I guess you checked with every single purchaser to make sure they were hardcore.

Of course lots of neutrals have not purchased a console yet, 160 million are not going to go out and buy one day 1.

You talk about "Launch game line up is average at best"... well thats an opinion and not fact... so i dont need to spin it. Just like "PS4 has no games" thats opinion etc etc. The only game I wanted on XBoxOne was Dead Rising 3, in my opinion PS4 had the better line up... but thats opinion and not fact. You know what 4.2 million people also decided which console they wanted. Sure some would have been because of cost, some would have been because of the power difference, some would be because they prefer Sony... but you know what.. some would have been because they prefered the line up. Sorry to burst your bubble but sales tell the story, So i guess you are the one who should stop spinning it ;)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Because if I'm going to spend 400 dollars on a console I want games that can't already be played on the console I own. PS4 has no gamez.

Madword said:
Ronster316 said:
Madword said:
Ronster316 said:
PS4's launch line up is weak, that's the bottom line_____________.

Proof in the pudding is that it's really only the HARDOCRE beyond HARDCORE sony fans who are trying to defend it's current crop of games.

Those on neutral ground KNOW that the ONE's line up as things stand is superior.

The fact that this thread does not have 500+ posts by now proves that even most sony fans themselves can't be arsed defending PS4's launch line up. (save face basically)

Yeah you are totally right.. it's good that the console sales are proving what you say to be fact. PS4 is selling very bad compared to the XBoxOne and Wii-u... once the hardcore stop buying it, PS4 is doomed. /sarcasm.

When did this become a sales discussion?

Besides, a LOT of NEUTRALS have not bought either console yet (also, sony's hardcore fans were going to buy one regardless, just like they did with the ps2 & ps3 day 1 despite their crappy launch line up's too)

I'm not going to dispute that the PS4 has more sales.

But that launch game line up is average at best, try spin it all you like.

It became a sales discussion when people starting sprouting their opinions as fact.

You are suggesting its only the hardcore buying right now... well i would suggest record sales (for both consoles) tell a totally different story... what is Hardcore anyway... like its some special group that can only buy a console at launch or something. I guess you checked with every single purchaser to make sure they were hardcore.

Of course lots of neutrals have not purchased a console yet, 160 million are not going to go out and buy one day 1.

You talk about "Launch game line up is average at best"... well thats an opinion and not fact... so i dont need to spin it. Just like "PS4 has no games" thats opinion etc etc. The only game I wanted on XBoxOne was Dead Rising 3, in my opinion PS4 had the better line up... but thats opinion and not fact. You know what 4.2 million people also decided which console they wanted. Sure some would have been because of cost, some would have been because of the power difference, some would be because they prefer Sony... but you know what.. some would have been because they prefered the line up. Sorry to burst your bubble but sales tell the story, So i guess you are the one who should stop spinning it ;)

Just my view........ bit IMHO it became a discussion about sales because you are finding it hard to make it anything otherwise.

I admire the sony fans who came in to this thread and actually had the gonads to acknowledge that the current PS4 line up really is not that impressive at all.

Ronster316 said:

Just my view........ bit IMHO it became a discussion about sales because you are finding it hard to make it anything otherwise.

I admire the sony fans who came in to this thread and actually had the gonads to acknowledge that the current PS4 line up really is not that impressive at all.

I don't need to make it hard to make it anything otherwise. As the OP says, there are +33 games on the console. It doesnt matter if these are exclusives, games already available on PC/Ps3, indie or Free to Play. There are games on there that for some people justify the buying of the console. Some of us can easily afford a console and don't necessarily need a "special" exclusive to buy one. And even if there was a uncharted or something else, well I am sure you would still be saying "the lineup is weak"... just because you don't like the line up, doesnt mean that others feel its weak. For a launch, both consoles have a good lineup specifically because of 3rd parties. I dont see why that is a negative.

Apparently 4.2 million sales (and sold out) are just people who are wrong, and none of them purchased because the 33+ games offer nothing for them. Sorry, but you are talking rubbish. You may not like the line up, that is fine, but please dont think for a minute your opinion is a fact - especially when we have consoles selling record numbers.

All your comment suggest to me, is that you are butt hurt because the console you prefer games on is selling less than a console where you feel it has a weak lineup ... well shucks.. I feel sorry for you :)

I think it's that the PS4 doesn't have the killer app so to speak. When PS3 was out, gamers had Resistance. That game impressed a ton of people. KZ seemed to disappoint quite a few people overall, while maintaining it's a solid game overall I might add. Knack was never gonna be the game to grab the industries attention in anyway. Even Nintendo had New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU in their corner. As far as launch line-ups go, it's turned out to be the lesser of the three in my opinion. Hasn't stopped it from being a best seller though.

Around the Network
Madword said:
Ronster316 said:

I don't need to make it hard to make it anything otherwise. As the OP says, there are +33 games on the console. It doesnt matter if these are exclusives, games already available on PC/Ps3, indie or Free to Play. There are games on there that for some people justify the buying of the console. Some of us can easily afford a console and don't necessarily need a "special" exclusive to buy one. And even if there was a uncharted or something else, well I am sure you would still be saying "the lineup is weak"... just because you don't like the line up, doesnt mean that others feel its weak. For a launch, both consoles have a good lineup specifically because of 3rd parties. I dont see why that is a negative.

Apparently 4.2 million sales (and sold out) are just people who are wrong, and none of them purchased because the 33+ games offer nothing for them. Sorry, but you are talking rubbish. You may not like the line up, that is fine, but please dont think for a minute your opinion is a fact - especially when we have consoles selling record numbers.

All your comment suggest to me, is that you are butt hurt because the console you prefer games on is selling less than a console where you feel it has a weak lineup ... well shucks.. I feel sorry for you :)

Oh, yeah, the PS4 is killing the ONE right now (much cheaper and available in many more countries, yet the X1 is STILL selling very well)

Why would i be butthurt? you are the one who keeps resorting back to sales, NOT ME.

If anyone here has a sore arse...... it's YOU, bacause time and time again you would much prefer to bring up SALES rather than GAMES.

It depends on who you're talking to. Some people who say that are referring to standout retail exclusives, which the PS4 does lack, but those same people are often overlooking the fact that the Wii U didn't start getting those kind of exclusives until recently and the Xbox One is also lacking such titles. Though I'm sure people from both fan bases will try to hang me for saying so.

Then there are some people who say it just to be spiteful because their preferred platform is either behind or on the brink of being there. So they take the argument above and expand it to the idea that the PS4 doesn't have any games at all worth playing. I actually got into an argument with one such individual who tried to convince me that Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 are more Xbox One games because it gets the expansion content first. Yet when I pointed out that Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs will have content that you get first on PlayStation 4 and that you may not be able to get at all on other platforms he dismissed that idea and avoided the topic any further.

The only halfway objective argument someone can make about the idea that PS4 "has no games" is that it has no retail exclusives that stand out right now. Games like Sound Shapes and Flower may be PS3 games that they ported up, and those aren't going to sell consoles by themselves, but it's certainly a good deal for someone like me who never owned a PS3 that those games are now on PS4 as well. Then there are games like Injustice and Trine 2 where if those games are factors then you may not want to buy an X1 over a PS4 but the Wii U has those games so it may be a more attractive option as far as price goes assuming you're looking to move forward and don't want last gen consoles.

Then the console has Free-to-Play games if you're just starting out and don't have a lot of money for extra titles and Resogun, a digital-only exclusive, definitely surprised people by how well it turned out. In my experience it's mostly people just acting ugly over how things are shaping up with some people legitimately wanting good retail exclusives and not seeing them. There is plenty releasing for the PS4 this year so I don't think it will take very long for both camps to be silenced.

MB1025 said:
When people attack the game line up I think they are attacking most of the indie/arcade titles that are always included to bolster the list.

They are just games that most people have played already and are just being re released on the PS4.

I dont think most people have played games like Outlast.

and it's very unclever to attack the game line up, every game line up lacks of game, what matters is the rest of the year, and it's full of release on PS4

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Ronster316 said:

Oh, yeah, the PS4 is killing the ONE right now (much cheaper and available in many more countries, yet the X1 is STILL selling very well)

Why would i be butthurt? you are the one who keeps resorting back to sales, NOT ME.

If anyone here has a sore arse...... it's YOU, bacause time and time again you would much prefer to bring up SALES rather than GAMES.

Hmm where did i say that the XboxOne isnt selling well... I didnt.

I resorted to sales to show you, that for some of course the lineup is why they are buying the console. Either they like the line up now, or they like what is going to be coming for the console. The PS4 is selling gangbusters, its a record selling number... somehow you are trying to suggest that every single person who purchased the console did so, not because of the games, but because they are some hardcore user. I'm afraid, its you and your argument that is greatly flawed.

So what you are saying is that people around the world are buying consoles for no reason..... you don't feel that *anyone* has purchased the console because they prefer the games on the PS4 over the competition. Haha you sir are being very silly now.

You believe there is no correlation between games and sales... thats extremely interesting. So the XBox1 is selling well obviously not because of the games (because apparently according to you, sales of consoles has no bearing on the games that are available)..., so I don't know how you can say either lineup is better than the other. You have actually defeated your own stupid argument...lol.