By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the hell does the Internet have a vendetta against Nintendo?

It totally doesn´t, it is just dumb american teenagers with a lot of time in their hands and people that want to profit out of the subject, like Shokio.
We all love Nintendo, dozens of millions of gamers love Nintendo, Iwata is making a big mistake giving up so soon, it is not time for that.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
brendude13 said:
Because those evil Sony and Microsoft fans are forgetting that Nintendo is immune to fair criticism.

I think people are confusing normal critism with "hate". I mean when VGC, Neogaf, N4G, 4Chan and youtubers have a massive amount of threads, videos or whatever about Nintendo, there has to be something going on here.

Nope, the majority of it is fair criticism or just generally reporting news. The "hate" or "vendetta" that people are referring to is no more than any other console or company receives or has received in the past, and so doesn't deserve any attention.

Bloodlust. Go visit Neogaf and count how many people are clamoring for Iwata's head. It's depressing. None of them can explain WHY they would want that. It's just satisfying in a primal human way to see others (higher-ups, in particular) fail.

Very much like politics, where most people are completely clueless about the actual topics - but they all love it when a politician has to step down and "take responsibility".

HipHopGodd said:

Oh the irony!!!

You're telling me! This is one of the most irony filled threads I've seen in awhile.

MohammadBadir said:

Nintendo becomes bigger than all of Sony

What? Sony is 10 times bigger than Nintendo as a company.

On topic : lot of people don't forgive them to put casual gaming first, others may be mad at them for stealing their favorites franchises

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
osed125 said:

I think people are confusing normal critism with "hate". I mean when VGC, Neogaf, N4G, 4Chan and youtubers have a massive amount of threads, videos or whatever about Nintendo, there has to be something going on here.

Nope, the majority of it is fair criticism or just generally reporting news. The "hate" or "vendetta" that people are referring to is no more than any other console or company receives or has received in the past, and so doesn't deserve any attention.

Did you check Neogaf yesterday? or 4Chan and N4G? most of those weren't news, they all were "arguments" as why Nintendo should go 3rd party, drop the Wii U completely, make mobile games, etc etc. 

I'm not against criticism, but this has gone far beyond just normal criticism, they are not reporting news anymore. IGN articles about Wii U have over 10,000 comments combined, most of which are about how Nintendo sucks, Iwata is so stupid, etc. Check N4G comments, when someone says something "nice" about the Wii U it gets hundreds of downvotes. Check 4Chan, most comments are about Nintendo should ditch out completely the Wii U. The list goes on.

And no, this doesn't compared to what other people have said about other companies, not even close. Not even the PS3 was close to this, but like I mentioned above that is mostly because the internet is just bigger now.

Nintendo and PC gamer

OneTwoThree said:
Bloodlust. Go visit Neogaf and count how many people are clamoring for Iwata's head. It's depressing. None of them can explain WHY they would want that. It's just satisfying in a primal human way to see others (higher-ups, in particular) fail.

Very much like politics, where most people are completely clueless about the actual topics - but they all love it when a politician has to step down and "take responsibility".

I suppose you could tell me then why Iwata is still the right person for the job as Nintendos CEO?

OneTwoThree said:

nobody is bloodlusting after nintendo. These dilusions need to dissapear

supernihilist said:
Because it threatens peoples masculinity, thay believe being on your basement playing war shoters online is very manly which i find really hilarious

But playing Mario in your mothers basement is like, really manly.

Nintendo gained allot of hate when they kicked but last gen with a weak system that did not have most of last gens biggest third party games. That kind of disruption in the market will allways generate hate. It was great for nintendo then but i kinda think they are paying for it now. They are hurting now because they need allot of the people that are hating in them now. These people had it stuck in there face for six years how nintendo dominated sales with a weak system that didnt support the way the industry was heading. Guess they feel its time for a little pay back!