By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the hell does the Internet have a vendetta against Nintendo?

lucidium said:
chapset said:
Because we are all part of the big third party conspiracy to destroy Nintendo and finaly being able to play the glorious mario games on our PS4s and X1s and also we are all jealous at how good nintendo games are compared to anything else and at how skillful Nintendo fans have become from playing such true hardcore games. But soon we will destroy you Nintendo Mouhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhhh we're not supposed to let them know yet

oops

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
HipHopGodd said:
osed125 said:

pokoko said:

The use of "charm", "heart", and "whimsical" on a large-scale basis?  Yes, yes I am.

The emotional connection part?  No, not at all, though I think it is more pronouced with Nintendo fans.  You'll hear more people say, "I love Nintendo as a company," or, "Nintendo is a friend to all children," than with the other two.  There are a lot of people who have something of a disconnect between Microsoft and Xbox or between Sony and Playstation.  However, Nintendo is Nintendo.

If possible I would like you to give some examples, I don't I think I have ever seen a Nintendo fan saying the words "charm", "heart" or "whimsical" when referring to the company. I have seen them saying Nintendo games have a special charm (which is basically true) but that's about it.

Oh the irony!!!

Where?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Veknoid_Outcast said:
padib said:

Most people enjoy bashing Nintendo because they don't respect their success, they don't respect their market decisions and most of all they hate their fans as being some  sub-gamer that doesn't know games.

I have to agree with padib here.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with criticizing Nintendo for bone-headed business decisions or unreasonable sales goals, or for going its own way as the industry shifts in the opposite direction (although that's something I admire about Nintendo, personally).

But there is an undercurrent of disrespect and bitterness beneath much of the criticism (not all, but some). I truly believe many video game enthusiasts are still frustrated about the success of the Wii because it was, for lack of a better term, a "softcore" console. I also believe that Nintendo's philosophy of design -- relatively underpowered, family-friendly, and local multiplayer-focused -- offends the sensibilities of these same fans.

So the exuberant praise the industry showed Wii means nothing now that insiders are criticizing the company? I guess Nintendo is the victim of a virtual witch hunt. All I'm asking is if any Nintendo fans thought it was unfair when the industry was slamming Sony with similar criticism? 

MohammadBadir said:

Nintendo stocks jump 20%, no one cares, Nintendo announces high 3DS sales, no one cares, WiiU has highest selling month in USA, no one cares, Nintendo becomes bigger than all of Sony,no one cares, but when Nintendo slashes predictions, stocks fall, announce that they EXPECT a 250m loss even though their competitors lose a lot more and more frequently, it makes headlines.

what is the root of all this bias against Nintendo? Is there a particular reason like Nintendo not paying for positive press or is it just the cool thing to do?

Nintendo got plenty of positive good press back when the Wii was doing good.

As for them slashing predictions, lets be fair here, they slashed them by a whole 69% ( 2.8 mill units instead of 9 millions). That has to be one of the worse sale miss of the recent years...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

osed125 said:
HipHopGodd said:
osed125 said:

pokoko said:

The use of "charm", "heart", and "whimsical" on a large-scale basis?  Yes, yes I am.

The emotional connection part?  No, not at all, though I think it is more pronouced with Nintendo fans.  You'll hear more people say, "I love Nintendo as a company," or, "Nintendo is a friend to all children," than with the other two.  There are a lot of people who have something of a disconnect between Microsoft and Xbox or between Sony and Playstation.  However, Nintendo is Nintendo.

If possible I would like you to give some examples, I don't I think I have ever seen a Nintendo fan saying the words "charm", "heart" or "whimsical" when referring to the company. I have seen them saying Nintendo games have a special charm (which is basically true) but that's about it.

Oh the irony!!!

Where?

There!

Around the Network

Oh the irony!!!

Where?

There!

Saying the games have charm is very different from the company itself having charm. 

Is the same when people say Disney movies have charm, or like games like Jak & Daxter or Little Big Planet have a special charm. That doesn't make people have a special love for the company.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Fuck the haters. NINTENDO ICHIBAN!

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Good news is boring news. If the world had nothing but good news, the media would be out of business.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

There is no vendetta, but a lot of people see nintendo as the gaming industry god, so when god starts to fall, that makes some noise

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

osed125 said:

Oh the irony!!!

Where?

There!

Saying the games have charm is very different from the company itself having charm. 

Is the same when people say Disney movies have charm, or like games like Jak & Daxter or Little Big Planet have a special charm. That doesn't make people have a special love for the company.

The OP was referring to games, not the company per sé. I'd hate to see Nintendo fail because it hurts many people, not only fans of their games. But it's quite hilarious to see Nintendo fans whine about this treatment after they laughed at Sony when that company went through its ordeal.