By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the hell does the Internet have a vendetta against Nintendo?

HipHopGodd said:
osed125 said:

Saying the games have charm is very different from the company itself having charm. 

Is the same when people say Disney movies have charm, or like games like Jak & Daxter or Little Big Planet have a special charm. That doesn't make people have a special love for the company.

The OP was referring to games, not the company per sé. I'd hate to see Nintendo fail because it hurts many people, not only fans of their games. But it's quite hilarious to see Nintendo fans whine about this treatment after they laughed at Sony when that company went through its ordeal.

I wasn't talking or referring to the OP, my comment was to Pokoko post.

@bold I don't believe it for a very simple reason, the internet wasn't as big back in 2006-2007. Maybe now they would have had the same amount of treatment, but in 2006 the internet as mass media service was still in its baby steps. For example, Youtube only had 1 year of life, Neogaf didn't even had a year, VGC no idea but probably around the same time, Facebook, Twitter, N4G, 4Chan nor IGN (current form) existed, so on and so forth.

Right now you have all these gaming websites and social media going against Nintendo. back in the PS3 days you may have had 2 or 3 popular sites and that was about it.  

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Aerys said:

There is no vendetta, but a lot of people see nintendo as the gaming industry god, so when god starts to fell, that makes some noise

If a Nintendo falls in a forrest and no-one is around to hear it, does it make a sound.

I don't want them to fail as a gaming company, just as a hardware company
I want my Mario and Zelda on ps4 and box one damnit

Lyrikalstylez said:

Meh. There are better performers out there. I've not missed Mario games like I thought I would have.

Lyrikalstylez said:

So you do want them to fail as a gaming company....

Around the Network

boggles my mind too, here is Sony selling off HQ's to stay alive. Then Nintendo is hit with loss and everyone wants to kick em when their down. The truth is Nintendo is still in a better financial position then Sony but not as secure as Microsoft but no one want to report on negative of their favorite console of choice easier to bash the competition.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Bruxel said:
boggles my mind too, here is Sony selling off HQ's to stay alive. Then Nintendo is hit with loss and everyone wants to kick em when their down. The truth is Nintendo is still in a better financial position then Sony but not as secure as Microsoft but no one want to report on negative of their favorite console of choice easier to bash the competition.

Yes, hence why reports of Nintendos problems result in threads like this, with Nintendo fans defending them tooth and nail.

Don't act like Sony and Microsoft don't get their fair share of doom and gloom threads, and at the same time, don't be surprised when Nintendo does too.

MohammadBadir said:
pokoko said:
A) Nintendo fans are ... passionate about Nintendo. They use words like "charm", "heart", and "whimsical". They have an emotional connection to Nintendo. This means that they will click on Nintendo themed content. Good, bad, ugly, it doesn't matter--if you write it, they will come. That equates to advertising dollars.

are you honestly saying that's exclusive to Nintendo fans?

Just as much as you are saying being hated on is exclusive to nintendo

Because it threatens peoples masculinity, thay believe being on your basement playing war shoters online is very manly which i find really hilarious

Viltgance said:
Cause if all these haters talked like this in real life they would get shit kicked, so they do their shit talking online.

All of my coworkers talk shit about Nintendoi all the time. Even in front of guest. We aslo talk shit about MS and Sony. Your comment is absolutely asinine