By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the hell does the Internet have a vendetta against Nintendo?

The internet is full of Sony fanboys. (No, I'm not kidding.).

Edit; gaming websites that is.

Around the Network

Cause Nintendo censored Mortal Kombat and Sega didn't. That's where the kiddy console title comes from anyways. It's a left over battle wound from the original console war.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Aerys said:
osed125 said:

Sony posts $312 Million Loss, Playstation Stagnant: 1126 comments 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/sony-posts-312-million-loss-playstation-stagnant

I can go on, but in any case, why is selling a building or closing a studio not as impotant as not making forecasts? I also added the 'junk' status above.

You should read sometimes before answer . It's obvious than selling a studio is not a big deal when you buy bigger one, same for building -_- , when i sell my house to get enough money to buy a bigger house, i'm in more trouble ? I dont think so.

again, you should read, the most important point is : It's normal to be more shocked by the Titan fall, same thing happened to Sony after PS2 generation, becoming the loser of the new generation when you were the king of last generation is currently something people want to talk about.

Look for threads on VGC, Neogaf or 4Chan about the bold topic. I'm pretty sure you won't find even half of those threads as Nintendo threads in the last couple of days.

What people here don't understand is that (for the most part) Nintendo fans are not against criticism, but the amount of it is just ridiculously.

As for your other post: 

Forbes on PlayStation Vita: 'Sony in Big Trouble':  1733 comments
3DS, PSP Dominate Japan While Vita Still Struggles: 510 comments 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/18/3ds-psp-dominate-japan-while-vita-still-struggles

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/30/forbes-on-playstation-vita-sony-in-big-trouble

Btw, the reason I'm using IGN is because: 1) is basically the most popular site on the web in terms of gaming news, 2) All of this are just news, looking at the comments give us a nice perspective on what gamers find enjoyment in talking.

As a site note, IGN never reported the 95k Vita units sold on the December NPD, which is a pretty big deal and gamres should make note about it. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Your links shows i'm right, people tend to be more interested in bad news than good news.

and it's totally a perscution complex to think nintendo is targeted by more negative news than Sony when they were in the same situation in 2007 , all along 2012, vita had a ridiculous amount of bad news, and now the vita situation is improving in japan, how many news about that ? How many comments ? People are just more interested in bad news.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Max King of the Wild said:
wow... because all your points are wrong

SOME of it was. For example, the bigger than Sony thing was completely wrong and ridiculous.

Around the Network

Because people are sick of being N64/PS1, PS2/GCN, Xbox/GCN, PS3/Wii, or 360/Wii. After almost 20 years of buying Nintendo consoles just for a handful of Nintendo games, and another system for the majority of there gaming lineup, people are tired of the extra cost, and clutter.

-People want to play Nintendo games on the console that they play the majority of their games on.

-They want to play on the console were their friends are playing.

-They want to play on PSN or XBL.

-They would rather buy 3 - 5 Nintendo games with $200 - $300 than an extra console.

Everyone wants to play Nintendo games, but requiring them to purchase extra HW is pushing people away. They need to follow the market demand now, before people loose to much interest in their games. Right now they could sell Mario Kart, Mario 3D, Smash Bros., at GTA levels on PS4/XBO. If they don't act soon though, their franchises will become weak, and even going third party will no help anymore.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I personally think that ever since begin media corporation have gotten involved with Video games, Nintendo has been blacklisted.

1. They are insulated and Japanese centric. Most of their working relationships evolve and stem from Japan.
2. They have made zero effort to forge relations (marketing, software development), with many of the aforementioned companies. The only exception I can thing of is Warner Bros, and it some cases Disney. But they have been very low key and case by case.

Who exactly am I talking about? Comcast, Newscorp, Viacom, Warner Bros., Disney. All have (news corps case - HAD) a branch in video game development or video game related media (news/newsites). They all also are apart of very larger and slowly dying industry called Televsion.

Right now video games along with the internet are very big growing industries in which they have with the last 12 year have tried to diversify their revenue streams to tap into. Nintendo is not apart of that philosophy or have they made any effort to be. Just saying.

Some guys seem to be taking this quite personally. LOL, it's so funny! It was all fine & dandy when Sony was being bashed but now Nintendo is the recipient and the big meanies of the industry have a vendetta against Nintendo. Wow! Who knew video games were so closely aligned with politics. *reads own sig* Oh, wait...

HipHopGodd said:
Some guys seem to be taking this quite personally. LOL, it's so funny! It was all fine & dandy when Sony was being bashed but now Nintendo is the recipient and the big meanies of the industry have a vendetta against Nintendo. Wow! Who knew video games were so closely aligned with politics. *reads own sig* Oh, wait...

who ever is actually getting offended is an idiot. The current "Nintendo" fans AND the former "Sony" fans you cited. 

Classic example of marketing 101 and branding strategies running amuck on (young- hopefully) impressionable minds. 

bucky1965 said:

The internet is full of Sony fanboys. (No, I'm not kidding.).

Edit; gaming websites that is.

Youre kidding about not kidding right? Its hardly Sony fanboys doing it and its moronic to think it is. Also, no fucking duh gaming sites are full of them. They are also full of Nintendo fanboys and MS fanboys