By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What 'if' Nintendo drops Wii U support?

Kill Kaz.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

I'd be pissed as hell. But I would still purchase their products.

1doesnotsimply

They didnt drop suport for the Game Cube why would they drop suport for the WiiU ? I think theyll surely shorten the WiiUs life cycle but drop suport, no way.

I'd imagine they'd eventually end up where Sega is now...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

PenguinZ said:
I'd imagine they'd eventually end up where Sega is now...

No, if they wen't 3rd party, they'd actually still be succesful and release good games.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

It would depend if they released all previously announced games first or not. If they dropped the Wii U today and no games came out for it EVER from this point on, then I'd be livid and would have a very difficult time trusting or supporting them in the future. However, if they announced that they would be discontinuing Wii U AFTER all the games they've already announced came out...so I would still be getting DKCTF, Mario Kart 8, Monolith Soft's "X," Yarn Yoshi, SMT X FE, Smash Bros., AND a true Wii U Zelda title...then I might be able to live with it.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

If they do so before 2016 or so, I'll probably be hesitant to buy a console from them in the next decade or so. And considering how the only other console I've bought since 2000 was a PS2, I'd probably just stick to handheld and PC gaming from then on.

Love and tolerate.

First this is not going to happen. (If it did Nintendo really would become the next Sega most likely. So much in gamers would feel betrayed and choose not to support another console at least from them, and that would do to much damage if they do what I think they'll do with the Wii Next or whatever it's going to be called. ) Nintendo will most likely have the Software to be talking about their profits in a positive side of things by the middle to the end of this year most likely.(The sooner the better) If they did this and took the loses from it they would most likely retreat to portable only gaming or just go out of business. But if they did. It would not matter so much to me. I would get the remaining games on my list for the system enjoy them and roll with my 3DS(maybe pick up a Vita eventually if it starts getting some more games that interest me) If Nintendo comes up with a new console and it has games I want to play (Hopefully more first party stuff at launch or within the launch window) I will put it on my list. I may not get it at launch (I got my U in June) But I will buy it and of course I would most likely pick up their next portable as well.

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Then I would go and buy one, could get really rare in the future considering how low its sold.

If I went out and spent money on a Wii U just to hear that they're releasing a new console in a couple months then i'd burn their fucking HQ to the ground.